Coming back after years!

Hello!

I have not been playing GW2 for 5 or more years and now I am going to come back. In the beginning, I bought the game when it was not for free, yet.

Do I have any extra content in this situation or I am treated as a new starter?

If so, please write down what I need to buy to unlock the entire game.

Thank you!

Edited by Hysteria.3854
mistake corr.

Well, if you don't have the expansions you need to buy them to play them. There are story series in between those expansions which are not included. They are vital to understand the story and seasons 3-5 also unlock new maps and other goodies such as specific mounts you can unlock in two of said maps. Those in-between series are called "Living World" and can be purchased through the gem-store. So you can buy them with ingame gold by exchanging it to the shop-currency "Gems".

Season 1 is special, as it was not included as permanent content in the game. It has 5 episodes of whitch 3 are released so far. The last two are following in the next months. They will be free included in the base game. Season two leads to the first expansion "Heart of Thorns", season 3 leads to "Path of Fire" and finally season 4 and 5 (called "Ice Brood Saga") lead to the current expansion "End of Dragons".

Complete list which you need to buy. Only core and prob season 1 are free to play content

Core (you own)

Season 1 (free, but not fully released yet)

Season 2 

Heart of Thorns expansion

Season 3

Path of Fire expansion

Season 4

Icebrood Saga

End of Dragons expansion

Expansions are often bundled together - eg HoT comes with PoF. Seasons are bought sep or with in game gems. I’m not sure if bundles exist. You can buy them complete or by episode

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hysteria.3854 said:

I see in game's shop COLLECTION STANDARD £43.99. If I buy it I will unlock entire content?

Are all sets available after spending £44 or there are some top ones to buy in e-shop, what means -  is GW2 pay2win game?

You only unlock the expansions seasons are bettwen expansion dlcs and not pay to win.

13 minutes ago, Hysteria.3854 said:

I am a bit confused.  This bundle for £44 consists:

1. Heart of Thorns expansion

2. Path of Fire expansion

3. Icebrood Saga

So what do I need to buy yet to have the entire game unlocked?

You still have to buy living world season 2, living world season 3, living world season 4 and episode 1-6 of icebrood saga since if you read the fine print on gw2 homepage only last episode is unlocked of icebrood called Champions.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hysteria.3854 said:

Completely do not understand what you are writing. 

Is there any bundle in the game shop to buy everything together? 

When I was playing WoW just the last expansion set was enough.

No complete bundle no but you got complete packs of each season.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_2_Complete_Pack

Scroll all the way down on that page and you see season 3, 4 and icebrood saga complete packs aswell.

I would suggest waiting until the anniversary sales that should start at the later half of this month tho

Edit

Are you clicking and reading the wiki links at all with the information mate?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

@Randulf.7614laid it out clearly for you - the complete game comes in the 9 pieces he listed, put here again for reference

1. core game 
  2. Living World - Season 1
  3. Living World -Season 2
  4. Expansion - Heart of Thorns 
  5. Living World- Season 3
  6. Expansion - Path of Fire
  7. Living World -Season 4
  8. Living World -Season 5, also called the Icebrood Saga
  9. Expansion - End of Dragons

This is how you get all 9 of these pieces:

• items 1 and 2 are free, you already have them
  • item 3 is sold as "Living World Season 2 Complete Pack" on buy.guildwars2.com
  • items 4, 6, and 9 are sold as part of the various "Collection - All Expansions" bundles available on buy.guildwars2.com
  • items 5, 7, and 8 are sold via the Black Lion Trading Company, the in-game store

Unfortunately there is no single bundle that sells items 1-9 to you all at once. There really should be, but there isn't.

On the other hand, it's not particularly complicated. Everything labeled "Expansion" can be easily bought on buy.guildwars2.com, and everything labeled "Living World" can be bought at the Black Lion Trading Company in-game store.

30 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Are you clicking and reading the wiki links at all with the information mate?

They probably aren't, and I'm not sure it would even help. They're clearly looking for the One Bundle to get it all, which doesn't exist. Doesn't seem like they understand the division between the expansions and LW.

Edited by voltaicbore.8012
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Unfortunately there is no single bundle that sells items 1-9 to you all at once. There really should be, but there isn't.

Look at me as a customer. I would like to buy the entire game, but it's as difficult as it can be. Have to get 7 separate things...

Maybe coders of GW2 should also be responsible for marketing? Because they are much smarter than the present ones.

WoW now is dead, because all smart people have gone. But in its heyday (WRATH expansion set) everything was so clear, so easy, so simple and at the same time with advanced mechanics.

That is only my opinion, as a customer. 

Look at that:

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en-gb?_ga=2.46952551.1738934303.1659603721-1876316861.1659603721&_gl=1*jie4qp*_ga*MTE2MzY0MDE0Ny4xNjU5NjAyOTQy*_ga_5S66MJ2Z7H*MTY1OTYwMzcyMi4xLjEuMTY1OTYwMzczNC4w

I want to buy the full version of the game. There is a bundle named "collection all expansions" for £43.99 and it turns out it does not contain living world Season 1-5. Isn't that funny? :)

Will someone be that polite and give me a link where I can buy all needed seasons apart of the expansions above? Secondly, coders of GW2 should also be designers of this web page, because they are much smarter:) All expansions...it turns out they are not all, please:)))

THANK YOU :)))

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

You cannot buy everything in a bundle. We have discussed this with Anet a thousand times, it is what it is.

Seasons are episodic expansions usually release over about 18 months. You need to buy them to keep the story going as it’s one continuous story and there some great maps and items in some of them. The original idea is each episode in a season was free if you logged before the next episode or you bought it with real money or in game currency (gems). It falls apart a bit at this stage when people want a complete package.

Its a mess. It’s confusing, but there is no complete package at this time. What you can do is buy what you need and buy seasons in game as you get to them.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

you need 20 bucks and your good to go! have a good read and then start gaming!

you can but HeartOfThorns and PathOfFire for a few bucks. <--- those are expansion 1 and 2 (my advise is to buy them seperate of a website... both shouldnt cost more than 20 bucks combined depending on where you buy them)

you will be pretty much okay just with this!!!! Dont bother with livingworld stuff for now.. its okey! you can buy them later for ingame currency! (i dont have them and i couldnt care less :D)

If you want everything you also have to get the latest expansion called End Of Dragons. This is pretty pricey still, but 100% not necessary right now.

There is a few nice specs in EoD... and fishing... but the rest of the content is... meh... to say the least.

Get HoT and PoF and your set to start gaming again. If you fall in love... then go for EoD in a few months when its cheaper.

there is certain "ministorys and maps"(liviingstorys) that can be bought with gems (they were originally free when they released, but now they cost a bit. You can farm the gems for this ingame! so dont worry!) Those maps are not necessary but some are nice to get... idk a endgame backpack or some crap but 100% not necessary.

Dont even bother with all this other stuff! HoT and PoF will have you sitting nice and comfy in this game!       Endgamecontent, viable builds, mounts, YOU NAME IT!

think about getting the other stuff later... but its not necessary AT ALL.

hope that helped!

3 hours ago, Hysteria.3854 said:

Look at me as a customer. I would like to buy the entire game, but it's as difficult as it can be. Have to get 7 separate things...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Hysteria.3854 said:

I see in game's shop COLLECTION STANDARD £43.99. If I buy it I will unlock entire content?

You will unlock all the expansions (Heart of Thorns, Path of Fire and End of Dragons) with Collection Standard, but not the in-between DLC known as Living World, which has Seasons 2, 3, 4 and Icebrood Saga (5). Buying the Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will not give you the episodes, either, so don't fall for it.

You can, however, buy these Seasons by exchanging gold for gems. What I suggest is that you buy the bundle for any Season you want in the gem store. It's cheaper than buying each episode individually from the Hero panel. I don't understand why it's made that way, but I believe it's (sadly) intentional.

As a side note, Season 2 has no new maps, but if I remember correctly, there's a lot of central Tyria mastery points you can get from it. It's also necessary to complete a long achievement (Return To) for a legendary amulet. So if you want my honest opinion, don't prioritize it yet unless the story interests you.

Edited by Aselia.1325
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aselia.1325 said:

I don't understand why it's made that way, but I believe it's (sadly) intentional.

The reason is as always - burning incompetence:) They cannot sort out such a simple thing and you expect a good balance in the game. I have just read a post that mesmer is very weak on pvp.

If I do not buy these living seasons and only buy all expansion sets, what do I lose? BG maps? Dungeons? If I lose only story content and quests I do not mind.

Mainly, I am pvp player but I also like dungeons every now and again.

8 hours ago, Hysteria.3854 said:

The reason is as always - burning incompetence:) They cannot sort out such a simple thing and you expect a good balance in the game. I have just read a post that mesmer is very weak on pvp.

If I do not buy these living seasons and only buy all expansion sets, what do I lose? BG maps? Dungeons? If I lose only story content and quests I do not mind.

Mainly, I am pvp player but I also like dungeons every now and again.

You lose no dungeons or spvp maps just some pve maps and achievements.

So yea dont buy them