Leviathan (Turtle Collection) needs revamp

Leviathan trophy for turtle collection (Deluxe Leather Seating) needs revamp.

There is absolutely no incentive for players to fight this creature making whole collection unreachable.

Sometimes some solo desperado tries to fight it - in vain...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

and yet the Leviathan gets killed daily multiple times. Guess a safe 2g+ reward for a few minutes of work is appealing to some.

Use the LFG to find groups. Your best bet is shortly before or after the Seitung Meta, most often before.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

There are leviathan trains in LFG often.  They just go around killing the derpy thing on different maps.  Keep an eye out.  Also....start your own group.  It's shocking how many people will join you if you post in map and LFG.  Please don't be discouraged and don't give up, we need more turtles for the turtle club.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Yeah, trying to solo a group bounty or strikes can be iffy if you want the turtle first rather than a side item that appears for the latter. But if you press Y to look at LFG or the top left corner, there's usually a group for leviathan going on 24/7 somewhere. Glhf! (Good luck, and have fun! ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

There are leviathan trains in LFG often.  They just go around killing the derpy thing on different maps.  Keep an eye out.  Also....start your own group.  It's shocking how many people will join you if you post in map and LFG.  Please don't be discouraged and don't give up, we need more turtles for the turtle club.

Easy way (assuming people are around and looking at map) is simply pop a mentor or commander tag, if you have it. Combine sometimes with a map chat callout and you'll get people peeking in just because curiosity.

It's how I got my champ krait kills done while kitten around on aquatic legendary collections. Popped commander tag, asked "Can anybody help me kill x?" in mapchat, boom somebody/a few people swung by.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Easy way (assuming people are around and looking at map) is simply pop a mentor or commander tag, if you have it. Combine sometimes with a map chat callout and you'll get people peeking in just because curiosity.

It's how I got my champ krait kills done while kitten around on aquatic legendary collections. Popped commander tag, asked "Can anybody help me kill x?" in mapchat, boom somebody/a few people swung by.

Absolutely, we love tags ❤️

Good reminder!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

My experience has been that even when the zone feels empty, if you simply put "Leviathan up" in map chat, enough people show up to defeat it.

1 hour ago, EmmetOtter.8542 said:

People regularly farm the leviathon because it drops the chunk of ancient amber-something which is used in crafting legendaries.

Ambergris is a fascinating real-world thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambergris

Just sharing because it makes me happy that truth is stranger than fiction.

Apparently Gen 3 legendaries require a sweet, earthy smell.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There's usually a Leviathan farming squad listed on LFG under End of Dragons>Seitung. There's a daily limit of 10 ambergris per account from farming the leviathan.

Usually takes about 2 to 3 minutes to kill each of them. However, they do need to be spawned by fishing either in Seitung or Kaineng. The squad members will switch maps and instances to locate the spawns. And call out when one is located. If you're lucky, you can get your limit within an hour, which is 20+ gold on TP. Otherwise, just do your usual farming and wait for call-outs, if you are one of those who would rather let others do the legworks.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 9:50 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

My experience has been that even when the zone feels empty, if you simply put "Leviathan up" in map chat, enough people show up to defeat it.

Ambergris is a fascinating real-world thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambergris

Just sharing because it makes me happy that truth is stranger than fiction.

Apparently Gen 3 legendaries require a sweet, earthy smell.

The Ambergris is not part of the weapon. You just toss it into the forge to exchange it for the Gift with Zommoros

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think what would really help is fixing the fight itself. The group can bring its scales boon down to two stacks, then it suddenly shoots back up to max. But once it's zero, it stays zero the rest of the time...until some random moment towards the end it goes back up to max stacks? It's certainly completing more now than it did during launch month, but the mechanics still feel just as sporadic.

• Confused 1

On 8/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, Ravien.6485 said:

Leviathan trophy for turtle collection (Deluxe Leather Seating) needs revamp.

There is absolutely no incentive for players to fight this creature making whole collection unreachable.

Sometimes some solo desperado tries to fight it - in vain...

turtles? We dont need no stinkin' turtles!

• Haha 1

The legendary weapons just seem like the gold dumps in a mmorpg. You need some kind of useful dump to avoid hyperinflation to keep like the same 1g item costing 10g a year later just when gold has no use but is accumulated. But finding a good sink people are willing to pay for, that doesn't just tax 10g new players 2g like death bills but the people with 1000s of gold a bit is fair, like 2500G legendaries. 

Still, the fact that this game has like a setup where like 5/8 stats can be completely dead and irrelevant to a spec is a bit jarring. Even the power on a condi build is jarring. When you enter it into a sim, it's like 6k dps of 37k sim dps is power, the rest is condi on some builds, while others are 35k/35k power.

Thing is, balancing around a sim or a golem with no mechanics, no movement. no "i am invincible and all dots will now clip, making those 16 second duration dots do 0", are kinda ignored. It's kinda like balancing a pvp game like tf2 with a pyro and a aimbot sniper to have the same dps. Except the gap between a literal aimbot and human player can be astronomically, hillariously huge as with a bot designed to do 95% of the results of a top 0.1% raider in top glass cannon gear.

So the inability to experiment with specs or switch might mean more players than we even reckon might be wearing healer boon gear on their dps warrior since concentration healing power sounds like a good dps stat..

And dear lord the practical gameplay balance in this game is more like 90% of players doing 2-8k dps in gear they have no idea wearing, while 2x 5 year old vets or rotation practicers do 15k-25k raid dps, while a dead mechanist who died during the raid 7 times got 20k dps because their mech auto attacked and got lost during the next raid sooner than learning how to deal even 10-30k dps with any other class but mech.. 

Edited by Sunchaser.9854
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Or they could not mislead people about how hard something will be to get and not tie flagship advertised expansion features to tedious scavenger hunts with elements you have to group for, to do content that is unpopular apart from those needing the collection itself. In other words, they could stop trying to make up for making unappealing content by shoving it into a collection... a practice that just causes resentment and causes people to abandon said content as soon as they stop needing it. It's not a huge ask for them to focus on making content that is fun first instead of having so little faith in their own content they have to shove incentives in there in unwanted places. It's something they've done successfully before in some areas, so it's not like they're incapable of it. JPs and races in this game generally have very little rewards, yet they still get a dedicated community of people doing them because they are well-made content that is fun for some and leaves room for mastery over time. Which shows it's just a crutch that they do this kind of thing and it isn't actually necessary.

How exactly are they misleading people? And what is it exactly that is hard to get? Ambergris? That you can get 11 daily from farming and the meta in Seitung? Cost too much on TPs? But we set the price, not Anet.

What you may dislike, there are many who likes them. You may enjoy JPs but many absolutely hates them. Same with races. Do it for achievements and never bother again.

What do you propose they do then? Regardless of what it is, there will always be complains. Your idea of fun and my idea of fun may coincide but will not all be the same.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2