Can we nerf mesmer already?

Matthius.9104

Just thought i would go ahead and get this out of the way before someone else brings it up. We goin the way of ele and war. Right in the trash can.

I expect this will be the only post noticed by the balance team when they take their yearly glance at the pvp forums and do a key search for "nerf" and "mesmer" or "warrior" or "elementalist".

See you on the next patch notes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

No. 

Warrior NEEDS to be nerfed first. 

Warrior, with Bladesworn, is apparently playable in PvP and some people say it is  ? Good? 

WE CAN'T HAVE A GOOD WARRIOR BUILD IN PVP! THAT IS AGAINST TRADITION!!!!! 

We NEED core Warrior nerfs NOW! As is tradition! 

Throw some rework into the mix that makes things worse and we are golden. 

I trust you Anet! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

No. 

Warrior, with Bladesworn, is apparently playable in PvP and some people say it is  ? Good? 

I trust you Anet! 

Hey buddy! Back of the line! I called for mesmer first. You guys have a viable build in the meta right now so that means mesmer needs to be nerfed first.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I'd take a look at mesmer CCs. Most classes deal 1-2 damage with their CCs, but mesmer has too much CC. So instead, mesmer CC should heal enemies. I also think that clones should all look like phantasms, but phantasms should look more pink, possibly with more butterflies. Then I'd nerf mesmer stealth. Half the stealth duration, but every time you enter stealth you get 2 initiative. But don't give any actual initiative, call it a bug, remove it eventually, and add it back for a next elite spec. Do not rebuff the stealth time. 

There's more, but I'm tired. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Well, you can joke all you want. But we careful with what you wish...  We are asking changes to the Arenanet developers!!!!

Uhmmmmm,   that could end with the Virtuoso reworked as a support, including a trait that allow you to stack two more powerful blades above your head and a quarter of second  of regeneration or a third for each blade you stack. And the Virtuoso stacks them really fast... even too fast!!!

The tank beast is upcoming/incoming...  😱

Although in the positive side... People will love to carry those two extra cool blades over their heads. 7 big blades!!!  They could even make them flasing blades with super bright sparkles. 😍🤩😲

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Well, you can joke all you want. But we careful with what you wish...  We are asking changes to the Arenanet developers!!!!

Uhmmmmm,   that could end with the Virtuoso reworked as a support, including a trait that allow you to stack two more powerful blades above your head and a quarter of second  of regeneration or a third for each blade you stack. And the Virtuoso stacks them really fast... even too fast!!!

The tank beast is upcoming/incoming...  😱

Although in the positive side... People will love to carry those two extra cool blades over their heads. 7 big blades!!!  They could even make them flasing blades with super bright sparkles. 😍🤩😲

"Virtuoso was always intended as a designated support. But we found that Fury was not attractive enough on its own, so we're giving it group quickness, something Mesmer players have been asking for..." Who?!? 

"To balance this, we're buffing engineer rifle skill 1 by 200%. We feel this will leave Mesmer where they belong... In the dumps " 

Haha 

But seriously, this thread is dangerous. I realize many people reading this stuff have no foundation in reality to interpret our words. We might actually get Mesmer nerfed... 😅

I actually agree with teapot that Mesmer right now could be fixed with number changes alone. 

Chrono needs longer boon durations, and a small change to it's traits, to allow it to be the low damage alacrity and quickness support at the same time.

Mirage should get it's damage buffed, same as virtuoso.

Mirage and virtuoso have different enough flavors I don't mind them both being high damage. 

If Chrono did both alacrity and quickness, the devs could give up on buffing the damage.  

• Like 1

Maybe it's because I play PvE solo a vast majority of the time, and the last time I played a Virtouso, my damage felt really subpar. That really surprised me because I went into it with the impression that it was a DPS class. Not to mention, I think it's everyone else making (or at least trying to) make more sense.

11 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

No. 

I trust you Anet! 

problem is this is not good warrior build.

warrior basically never had a good pvp build

every single meta warrior build were some form of over sustaining, which is basically not fair, if it is over sustaining then it would automatically be better then every body else, if it is equally sustaining then it will never be played for it does nothing else.

other then power spellbreaker, but spellbreaker is also another form of over sustaining via full counter spam, but at least it is better then out healing every single by mindlessly spamming heals and face tank everything.

but it is still better then most other warrior builds which basically become deleted after healing nerfs, spellbreaker still some what playable in ranked, like mesmer. as it is sustaining through mechanics

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Mirage should get it's damage buffed, same as virtuoso.

Another candid idea would be to give them half their elite spec back. 1 dodge Mirage is the apex of poor decision making. It is not fun. The game is fundamentally tuned around having 2 dodges. You can't expect mirages to save their only dodge for when a guardian places their spikes and windmill of death on top of them when mirages also have to use that dodge to avoid other things and to use their offensive abilities and they're made of paper. Let mirages have their spec for christ's sake.

Edited by Argonil.6970
  • Like 3

Imagine pretending Moa is hard to land in 2022

And imagine thining z-axis teleports with evade spamming while attacking + instant cast shatters that can be played as temporary pets is hard

Mesmer was always a braindead class once you figured out how it worked, it had to be underpowered to be balanced really as shown in 2015 pre-hot even tho they were really strong pre-hot.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tunococman.7324 said:

Imagine pretending Moa is hard to land in 2022

And imagine thining z-axis teleports with evade spamming while attacking + instant cast shatters that can be played as temporary pets is hard

Mesmer was always a braindead class once you figured out how it worked, it had to be underpowered to be balanced really as shown in 2015 pre-hot even tho they were really strong pre-hot.

did you just use "figure it out" and "braindead" in the same sentence? hmmmm.... must be a ranger main

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Argonil.6970 said:

Another candid idea would be to give them half their elite spec back. 1 dodge Mirage is the apex of poor decision making. It is not fun. The game is fundamentally tuned around having 2 dodges. You can't expect mirages to save their only dodge for when a guardian places their spikes and windmill of death on top of them when mirages also have to use that dodge to avoid other things and to use their offensive abilities and they're made of paper. Let mirages have their spec for christ's sake.

Ya for sure, I hated mirage design at the start because of how easy it was to spam dodges, from higher vigor uptime, to energy sigil being a full dodge, mirage felt a bit oppressive, but today, I'd love to see it reversed. 

• Haha 3

Power damage vs. Mesmer is fine.

Condi & Projectiles in general vs. Mesmer is starting to be too much straight invulnerability.

Lately there are Mesmer builds of all kinds that are virtually invulnerable to condi damage and projectiles in general and it's kind of getting to be eeeeeeeh like just too cheesy, bad design. I mean they are constantly rotating between:

1. evade evade evade
  2. block block block
  3. invuln invuln invuln
  4. reflect reflect reflect
  5. dodge dodge
  6. cleansing large amount of condis about every 2 to 3 seconds

I'm not even sure what happened in the patching or why, but there is like no opportunity to hit them with projectile based classes/builds and even with sheer condi output, they are way tankier than they should be for the level of DPS output that they have. Lately these Mesmer builds can stand on nodes and straight face tank with a never ending cycle of invulnerablity vs. projectile & condi.

I get the idea of rock/paper/scissor in GW2, but this nigh invulnerability they have vs condi and projectiles in general is like too much of a counter to where it's just kind of bad design. Ele is also in the same boat, too strong vs. projectiles & condi.

Both of those classes need more defense vs melee power and less defense vs projectiles and condi. Their rock/paper/scissors stat allocation is all lopsided and weird lately. Too weak vs power melee imo and way way too strong vs. projectiles & condi.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1