A few questions about Griffon + Jade Bot interactions

So from what I can tell from my research on the Griffon, it can not fly higher than just a bit above where it started, but if it loses height, it can regain it up to that point (with boosted dive+pull up trick). So my first question is, does using Bond of Faith->Jade Bot gliding boost->Remount reset the ceiling, allowing the Griffon to fly a little higher until Bond of Faith/gliding boost cooldowns end? Or is the limiting factor always the place where I last had feet on the ground?

The 2nd question is, does the tier 3 mount energy boost allow the Griffon to flap its wings often enough to never lose height when flying straight? This would be useful when starting at small elevations when repeatedly doing boosted dives is unrealistic, and it would also save time in all other situations, because the time you spend going down is time you don't spend moving forward.

If there are any Griffon experts here, I'd appreciate an answer before I invest in these tier 3 jade bot upgrades.

• Like 3

On 8/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, Sindust.7059 said:

So from what I can tell from my research on the Griffon, it can not fly higher than just a bit above where it started, but if it loses height, it can regain it up to that point (with boosted dive+pull up trick). So my first question is, does using Bond of Faith->Jade Bot gliding boost->Remount reset the ceiling, allowing the Griffon to fly a little higher until Bond of Faith/gliding boost cooldowns end? Or is the limiting factor always the place where I last had feet on the ground?

The 2nd question is, does the tier 3 mount energy boost allow the Griffon to flap its wings often enough to never lose height when flying straight? This would be useful when starting at small elevations when repeatedly doing boosted dives is unrealistic, and it would also save time in all other situations, because the time you spend going down is time you don't spend moving forward.

If there are any Griffon experts here, I'd appreciate an answer before I invest in these tier 3 jade bot upgrades.

The first question about Bond of Faith to Glide boost back to Griffon, negligible if any benefit.  You can chain dive+flap into soar+flap to climb to higher elevations however. Your ceiling will be the artificial skybox ceiling, usually around the cloud layer. 

Using the Mount Energy module will speed up your flaps and speed up your ability to climb altitude in turn.  

I haven’t specifically looked at altitude loss when only gliding and flapping.  But it does feel like you are always losing a little altitude even on module 3. 

• Like 1

Since nobody replied for a few days, I tested it myself.

It looks like, unlike with Skyscale, with the Griffon the ceiling still depends on where you mounted, not where you last had feet on the ground, just like it's outlined in this reddit post from 3 years ago. And the gliding boost in between accelerates the process of gaining height. For my test I picked the highest point near the griffon sanctuary, flew with Skyscale directly up -> Bond of Faith -> Glide Booster -> Griffon. Then I did the Dive -> Flap -> Pull up thing until Bond of Faith was off cooldown to do Bond of Faith -> Glide Booster -> Remount, and kept repeating this a few times. This way the flap pull up thing brought me to a higher point than before Glide Booster each time. Eventually I reached a height where the game told me to return to the playable area or be killed, and a few seconds later I'm a corpse falling out of the sky.

And to be very clear: no, the dive+flap+pull up thing does not gain you altitude by itself beyond a certain point, which is slightly above where you mounted or have gotten airborne on your Griffon. But you can regain the altitude you lost during that flight. This is why Bond of Faith + remount are necessary steps when trying to get higher. The glide booster in between just accelerates the process and increases the margin of error by enough to make this useful for gameplay, not just showing off your skills.

Can't answer the 2nd question myself yet, because I don't have the T3 mount energy booster.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sindust.7059 said:

Since nobody replied for a few days, I tested it myself.

Can't answer the 2nd question myself yet, because I don't have the T3 mount energy booster.

I was just testing again as I had a few minutes in game.  I was surprised about the elevation, but you are right, it's really hard to gain altitude above your launch height using dive+flap boosts.  Good work on figuring out ho to push the upper envelope.

I do also have the Mount Energy 3 module, and did a quick test and yes, you still lose altitude at maybe 30-40% slower rate.  I got this as I wanted to see if it impacted racing that much with mixed results.  Sometimes it helps like Raptor races, but with Beetles, not so much.

• Thanks 1