Connection Issues

I've lost connection 7 times trying to work on Dragon's End map completion which is all on your end. I've been looking at real time network statistics. My worst ping has been 77 for over an hour. My download speeds are generally in the 50-70mbps range and uploads are in the 3-8 mbps range. There have been all kinds of issues with getting randomly kicked from the game for weeks now, and it seems like you are still going with the standard belief that it must be something on the client end. Except it isn't. There are too many people complaining about it, and actual client side diagnostic tools are saying there is nothing wrong there. Then there's also the little issue of getting kicked straight to character select without even having lag patches first. There's no way around that being a server side issue.

All of this started with the July 19th patch. It's long past time to actually start looking into what's going on with this because there is an actual problem going on here and it seems to be getting worse.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 3:51 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just curious...why does it not affect everyone?

Also, speed tests mean nothing as to connections to the servers.  If you want to see where connection issues lay, use something like PingPlotter.  (Be aware, you can not normally ping AWS servers.)

Good luck.

What was the point in this reply? To say that not everyone has this issue, which has been explained at length in the forums more than once, then to suggest doing something that won't work? 

Having to patch things here and there when changes are made is understandable. Since this last xpac, though, it has seemed as though Anet has been working to finish polishing what amounted to a Beta, which we paid for as a full expansion. I love a lot of the new content, but having to deal with more and more issues is becoming intolerable. 

• Confused 1

On 8/5/2022 at 3:51 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Just curious...why does it not affect everyone?

Also, speed tests mean nothing as to connections to the servers.  If you want to see where connection issues lay, use something like PingPlotter.  (Be aware, you can not normally ping AWS servers.)

Good luck.

Good idea, except they're using AWS servers. Which is why they need to figure out of. It could be any number of things creating the problem, but it all started very recently with that patch. It doesn't even have to affect everyone to still be an issue on their end or with the hosting. It could be skipping over some people due to your region, hardware or any number of other things. None of which are justification to blow it off. 

• Confused 1