Jump to content
  • Sign Up

never have problems, when I know that powers to lose I simply change accounts.


Mabi black.1824

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of many posts I read that talk about the problem of fake accaunt or otherwise convenient accaunt that players use to sabotage the system. to avoid playing in the game that has been assigned to him, probably because it is more difficult or more demanding or in any case with little chance of winning. as if in a pvp mode you should just win and not wonder that if you are winning there is also someone who is losing but still continues to guarantee content for everyone.

so I thought of the pvp mode, when the counter launches the game and you are 5vs5 sometimes it happens to be 4vs5 , if you choose not to play the game the system of punishes, it does not give you access to the game for maybe 10 min. or something like that. we should therefore invent a kind of punishment of prohibition of access to wvw when a secondary account is used.

I don't really know how to do it or what to suggest, but maybe someone else has some good initiatives to recommend. and as a community of this mode we should perhaps give some good advice to arenanet. do you have any good ideas?

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I was thinking of many posts I read that talk about the problem of fake accaunt or otherwise convenient accaunt that players use to sabotage the system. to avoid playing in the game that has been assigned to him, probably because it is more difficult or more demanding or in any case with little chance of winning. as if in a pvp mode you should just win and not wonder that if you are winning there is also someone who is losing but still continues to guarantee content for everyone.

so I thought of the pvp mode, when the counter launches the game and you are 5vs5 sometimes it happens to be 4vs5 , if you choose not to play the game the system of punishes, it does not give you access to the game for maybe 10 min. or something like that. we should therefore invent a kind of punishment of prohibition of access to wvw when a secondary account is used.

I don't really know how to do it or what to suggest, but maybe someone else has some good initiatives to recommend. and as a community of this mode we should perhaps give some good advice to arenanet. do you have any good ideas?

you should rethink the "title"  it looks like you randomly hit the suggested words on your phone xD makes no sense whatsoever.

should we punish people using two accounts? no.

there is even intended features like "guesting" that can be used to avoid certain matchups. before we punish people that legally own 2 accounts and decice to play on antother account for whatever reason.. we should remove the ACTUAL GAMEMECHANIC that allows you to do exactly this without even owning 2 accounts.

Edited by Sahne.6950
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you should rethink the "title"  it looks like you randomly hit the suggested words on your phone xD makes no sense whatsoever.

should we punish people using two accounts? no.

there is even intended features like "guesting" that can be used to avoid certain matchups. before we punish people that legally own 2 accounts and decice to play on antother account for whatever reason.. we should remove the ACTUAL GAMEMECHANIC that allows you to do exactly this without even owning 2 accounts.

let's say I don't want to punish anyone, this is a nice game so I can only wish everyone to have a good time.

having said that with this post I would like to understand something more than what I have repeatedly read about these sub accounts. if you use another account to avoid the game you are assigned this is a problem. we can ask and maybe see some initiative of arenanet to build the matches better, but if we do not also take into account this type of abuse could bring us a problem , even with alliances.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

let's say I don't want to punish anyone, this is a nice game so I can only wish everyone to have a good time.

having said that with this post I would like to understand something more than what I have repeatedly read about these sub accounts. if you use another account to avoid the game you are assigned this is a problem. we can ask and maybe see some initiative of arenanet to build the matches better, but if we do not also take into account this type of abuse could bring us a problem , even with alliances.

i fail to see the problem here really...

are we speaking about pvp? about wvw?

pvp.. yeah someone just afking cuz he knows he can then play on another account... is annoying.

but for WvW this doenst matter at all. 1 people more or less is pretty much irrelevant. If they dont want to play against your server... they wont. regardless of them ahving another account on another server. They would simply quit WvW for the week and do something diffrent.

it changes nothing. if they dont want to play... they wont.

people abusing their second account to pull tactics and sabotage.. THIS! THIS IS A TOPIC.

but someone enjoying their time elsewhere... is not a problem really. If there would be masses doing it... okey but thats not happening all that much. i think...

Edited by Sahne.6950
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

If they dont want to play against your server... they wont. regardless of them ahving another account on another server. They would simply quit WvW for the week and do something diffrent.

it changes nothing. if they dont want to play... they wont.

I state that I do not have a second account so I am really little expert on this topic. I try to explain myself with an example. suppose this week my team is ahead because it has more players than yours. you are free to drive to pve or pvp as you like. you are free not to play at all because you do not like the situation. but I find it wrong to give you the opportunity to play in wvw with a second account and absurdly switch to my side that is already in numerical superiority, with the result of further increasing the difference between the teams. if we hypothesize this type of behavior coordinated by guild groups it could in fact contribute to having broken teams rather than similar teams.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i fail to see the problem here really...

are we speaking about pvp? about wvw?

pvp.. yeah someone just afking cuz he knows he can then play on another account... is annoying.

but for WvW this doenst matter at all. 1 people more or less is pretty much irrelevant. If they dont want to play against your server... they wont. regardless of them ahving another account on another server. They would simply quit WvW for the week and do something diffrent.

it changes nothing. if they dont want to play... they wont.

people abusing their second account to pull tactics and sabotage.. THIS! THIS IS A TOPIC.

but someone enjoying their time elsewhere... is not a problem really. If there would be masses doing it... okey but thats not happening all that much. i think...

1 people? What server do you play on? There are hundreds of active players that do this.

At the very least these players desert a server with no link for 2 months, but more often they affect the population of their 'main' server as convenient and in an semi-organised way when needed (i.e. before relinks) without having to stop playing.

And yeah changing tactics, moving claims (it's possible), spying (don't even need to log on alts to do this tbh) is all trivial. I'm with Mabi here that population manipulation is a much bigger issue and we both play, me and him, on servers that often draw the short straw and spend 2 months unlinked, while really not seeing in our day to day wvw the population imbalances that Anet's system so evidently implies.

It's a similar thing to transfers without the gem payment if you will.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

let's say I don't want to punish anyone, this is a nice game so I can only wish everyone to have a good time.

having said that with this post I would like to understand something more than what I have repeatedly read about these sub accounts. if you use another account to avoid the game you are assigned this is a problem. we can ask and maybe see some initiative of arenanet to build the matches better, but if we do not also take into account this type of abuse could bring us a problem , even with alliances.

So what we need to incentivise people to remain on their assigned account is a reward building system that gives you more reward the more time you previously spent in WvW... hang on, that's what we have now!

This is clearly a PERFECT suggestion as it involves Arenanet doing nothing, which is what it's best at!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you should rethink the "title"  it looks like you randomly hit the suggested words on your phone xD makes no sense whatsoever.

should we punish people using two accounts? no.

there is even intended features like "guesting" that can be used to avoid certain matchups. before we punish people that legally own 2 accounts and decice to play on antother account for whatever reason.. we should remove the ACTUAL GAMEMECHANIC that allows you to do exactly this without even owning 2 accounts.

"guesting" only affects your world in PvE. You cannot guest on another server and play WvW there.

 

But yeah using two accounts definetly should not be punished.
Who cares if people play on another account in WvW if the Matchup on their main account is dead.
Maybe you could say it's a problem if their second account is in the same Matchup but that would only apply on a few people.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe people aren't using other accounts escape a bad matchup or whatever. Though who cares at this point in a 10yr old game where there are no incentives to push to win anyhow.. You can't expect everyone to have the same goals at this point. Just be happy people are still playing it. I am. 

I have a lot of accounts placed on other servers than my "main" account. I have friends on pretty much every other WvW server NA/EU and like to go randomly play with them here and there. Sometimes for days I'll play with a friend(s)if things are more fun than what is going on in my matchup on my "main". So what? I kind of think if not for those account to play with others on other servers I'd have put down the game by now. It just seems kind of serious wanting ppl to get in some sort of trouble for it. Or judgmental even. Or dare I say like a Karen? 

I kid.  I kid. But really, stop caring what others are doing with their time in game. You'll have so much more fun gaming that way. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, JDjitsu.7895 said:

stop caring what others are doing with their time in game. You'll have so much more fun gaming that way.

hi jd,

you can only find me agree with this. I also practically have only one rule in this game, have fun, in every possible way. as I wrote I do not have a second account , so arenanet builds the teams and the matches for me, and I play them, in whatever condition I find myself, and I always find the way to have fun. 

but this post is not about my way of finding fun in this game.

in this post I was talking about the mechanics that you described perfectly, I don't like this week's game? is it too complicated? is it too demanding? no problem I move to another game.

I just hope that not many of you think this way, even if the answers I receive tell me otherwise. so what do you need alliances for? what do you need to ask for balance in the combinations? if this is the general attitude of the player, why do you keep complaining to arenanet?

indeed I should apologize to arenanet, please anet forget all my thoughts and / or complaints in search of more balanced matches. quiet do not serve, it would all be useless work. your average player has a lot of accounts and prefers to jump left and right to find the game he prefers. go on a quiet holiday and we resent for Christmas greetings.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Isn't it Pay-to-Win if you can buy a second (third, fourth) copy of the game in order to play on whichever team IS winning? I think it is.

the definition of pay-to-win gets more loose and loose... 

that is NOT p2w.... 
Everyone understands what you mean... but that is NOT p2w.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...