Corrupter's Fervor suggestion

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

24 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Ok, then it isn't a problem then to lower it to 15, since it is already easy and ALL elite specs can already do it, cool.  

This would be for build DIVERSITY, not for builds that can already do it. It could possibly open up some NEW interesting builds. 

It wouldn't make new interesting build or offer "diversity", it would just make the competitive playerbase cry harder.

25 stacks is fine for the effect you gain out of the trait. It is neither to much nor to little, the only way for someone to not be able to reach this amount of stacks would be to use a D/Wh core strike damage build and even then, you have plenty of opportunity to fill up what your lacking with utility skills.

We are talking about a single trait of this game, if it doesn't work because you don't want to invest in making work, it's ok. After all there are other options that might work better for the amount of investment you're willing to put.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Ok, listen, I understand what you are saying but, there are other builds that could come out of it.  If you don't see it, or understand the direction, that is cool.  I was really making this post on the off chance that somebody from Anet could read it and give it some consideration.  

Sorry, I just don't feel like explaining myself, it is clear that if you can't see the possibilities from this change then it would take way to long for me and possibly you might not be able to understand them either.  Sorry, no offense meant.    🙂

18 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Ok, then it isn't a problem then to lower it to 15, since it is already easy and ALL elite specs can already do it, cool.  

This would be for build DIVERSITY, not for builds that can already do it. It could possibly open up some NEW interesting builds. 

Well, it is a problem because even though 25 stacks isn't that hard to get, 15 is even easier to get than 25. I think the choice of 25 isn't to make it hard, it's to force the player to maintain some sense of timing on condition application because Carapace caps at 30. In otherwords, you can't just continually spam your conditions without the risk of running out of skills that apply them to trigger the effect. Lowering it to 15 makes that requirement to maintain the pressure pretty trivial. 

If anything, Harb has made it absolutely trivial to trigger this effect. If the trait should be changed, I would suggest it just scale with number of carapace somehow. 

Really, it would take more than lowering the threshold on this trait to make the whole line more interesting to take outside of Harb if the goal is diversity. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Ok, listen, I understand what you are saying but, there are other builds that could come out of it.  If you don't see it, or understand the direction, that is cool.  I was really making this post on the off chance that somebody from Anet could read it and give it some consideration.  

Sorry, I just don't feel like explaining myself, it is clear that if you can't see the possibilities from this change then it would take way to long for me and possibly you might not be able to understand them either.  Sorry, no offense meant.    🙂

I think you're the one who don't understand that this trait is already very popular as it is and it is not the number of stack required for this trait to apply it's effect which is the bottleneck to people taking the death magic traitline or the trait itself.

All in all you suggest to buff an already very strong trait (possibly the strongest of the death magic trait line) for the sake of "diversity". Do you perhaps fail to see that unholy sanctuary would lose even more of it's already poor appeal if corruptor's fervor effect was made easier to gain? For the sake of a small gain of "build diversity" relative to a single trait, you're potentially "killing" the appeal of all the builds that would use a concurrent trait instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/6/2022 at 8:24 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, it is a problem because even though 25 stacks isn't that hard to get, 15 is even easier to get than 25. I think the choice of 25 isn't to make it hard, it's to force the player to maintain some sense of timing on condition application because Carapace caps at 30. In otherwords, you can't just continually spam your conditions without the risk of running out of skills that apply them to trigger the effect. Lowering it to 15 makes that requirement to maintain the pressure pretty trivial. 

If anything, Harb has made it absolutely trivial to trigger this effect. If the trait should be changed, I would suggest it just scale with number of carapace somehow. 

Really, it would take more than lowering the threshold on this trait to make the whole line more interesting to take outside of Harb if the goal is diversity. 

The thing is though, harbinger can bust the stack amount anyway at 25 stacks of carapace, id even wager if they raised it to 30 they could bust and almost have a 100% uptime with the right stats and build, it already is a spam for the harby builds. 

What other builds can reach 25 stacks and how often could they maintain them. I've tested a few, not many can do it and if they are able, they can't do it very often. That pretty much makes it a weak grandmaster trait outside of the Harbinger, this is why I made the suggestion for Anet to consider. 

It would be nice for other builds to be able to more access the corrupters fervor GM trait, outside of the harby. It would make it nice for other builds.

On 8/7/2022 at 3:18 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

I think you're the one who don't understand that this trait is already very popular as it is and it is not the number of stack required for this trait to apply it's effect which is the bottleneck to people taking the death magic traitline or the trait itself.

All in all you suggest to buff an already very strong trait (possibly the strongest of the death magic trait line) for the sake of "diversity". Do you perhaps fail to see that unholy sanctuary would lose even more of it's already poor appeal if corruptor's fervor effect was made easier to gain? For the sake of a small gain of "build diversity" relative to a single trait, you're potentially "killing" the appeal of all the builds that would use a concurrent trait instead.

Players are going to play what they want. There is no way you can say what other players are going to want to play, there are many options and many builds available.  You are clueless dude; I'm not going to respond anymore to you. Sorry for your misunderstanding.

14 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

The thing is though, harbinger can bust the stack amount anyway at 25 stacks of carapace, id even wager if they raised it to 30 they could bust and almost have a 100% uptime with the right stats and build, it already is a spam for the harby builds. 

I bet that's correct, but that's not a reason to lower it. 

What other builds can reach 25 stacks and how often could they maintain them. I've tested a few, not many can do it and if they are able, they can't do it very often. That pretty much makes it a weak grandmaster trait outside of the Harbinger, this is why I made the suggestion for Anet to consider. 

I don't know but the fix isn't to lower it to 15. If the trait should be made more applicable to other specs, the effect it provides should scale to carapace, not have a threshold. 

It would be nice for other builds to be able to more access the corrupters fervor GM trait, outside of the harby. It would make it nice for other builds.

If the goal here is making the GM trait more useful for more builds, lowering the threshold is a pretty bad way to do that because it's arbitrary. Frankly, the trait is pretty badly designed in the first place. It doesn't reward condi application in a consistent way. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:52 PM, Crazy.6029 said:

If you can't explain why you want to make a change then you shouldn't be asking for one.

13 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Any build that runs Antitoxin Ruin basically, I could do it with Trailblazer Core Necro, Celestial Corrupt Reaper, and probably a condition/hybrid scourge if I had to. I will say you might be right about these build having less uptime then a harbinger.

38 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I bet that's correct, but that's not a reason to lower it. 

I don't know but the fix isn't to lower it to 15. If the trait should be made more applicable to other specs, the effect it provides should scale to carapace, not have a threshold. 

If the goal here is making the GM trait more useful for more builds, lowering the threshold is a pretty bad way to do that because it's arbitrary. Frankly, the trait is pretty badly designed in the first place. It doesn't reward condi application in a consistent way. 

Ok, fair enough. It does have a very strange application. If I apply 20 stacks to one target and then switch to another target for 5 stacks, the pulsing benefit won't trigger. I'm not sure if that is a bug or it is intended. If it is intended, then with the carapace having a 30-stack maximum, that made it really weird to track because I was watching the stacks and when I would put 20 for 1 target, switch to another for 5 and it wouldn't trigger it, but I would soon be a max carapace stack count so, I was left with no option but to let the stacks drop down substantially and then reapply them in order to get the pulsing benefit. So, if this is intended then that would make the requirement to get the pulsing benefit 25 stacks of carapace per target.  Something seems off or the requirement is too high imo.