(PvP) Remember when this class was played by actual warrior mains?

Zekent.3652

Not a secret that this is the most unpopular spec amongst pvp warrior mains, and mostly just played by meta abusers, most of warrior mains keeps saying that this is the most boring warrior spec, asking for a fix to the class.

But yeah, buff tactics again xD!

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Junksworn should have gone to Engineer. It was clearly made with Engineer in mind, not Warrior.

If it had gone to Engineer, there'd have been a lot of less green eyesores and Warriors might have gotten an elite specializations that (at the very least) respects their theme.

But real Warrior mains aren't allowed to have nice things.

We aren't even allowed to have our patron deity anymore, since Arenanet even went out of their way to arbitrarily make him a villain and had us kill him.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Love the gatekeeping  of what constitutes "real" warrior mains.

Core class and 2 of its elite specs are pretty much the same exact thing with 1 added mechanic tacked on

Anet finally creates a new elite spec that ACTUALLY changes the class mechanic and playstyle akin to what other classes elite specs do while simultaneously having great synergy with core class abilities and traitlines = "this isnt a REAL warrior"

Seems your definition of "real warrior" is to be stuck in 2012 to perpetually whine about being outdated and powercrept and act like you're superior for being the underdog hipster

"If i win its because im uber skilled, if i lose its just because im not abusing the meta like all these posers, my ego stays forever preserved"

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

NGL that was kind of awesome since my main is a human warrior.

Mine was a human Warrior before the post-PoF Berserker dework, too.

These days, I play my human fire Elementalist most, which also was a Balthazar aligned character. And it's also a play style not favoured by current Arenanet, because Attunement flipping is all that is on their mind when it comes to Elementalist.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The frustrating pain points that always gets me is people identifying as sudden warrior mains, will argue warrior is in a good spot and they don't know why people are complaining and saying its bad, while ignoring everything else that isn't Bladesworn. Bladesworn is fine and dandy and effective, though there's plenty of people that dislike the concept, there was much the same for Spellbreaker on its release. Though the main draw of Bladesworn ire is that everything about playstyle(subjective to taste), some people wanted like a new role, like support baked into E-spec and not a weeb gun samurai with a different flavor of DPS role. PvP/WvW side sustain is reduced to spamming shout heals, while the rest of the sustain or defensive options for the rest of the warrior specs were decimated and doomed to languish in uselessness, but somehow that sustain is fine now despite being stronger than what was previously had. Crazy stuff.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Lucentfir.7430 said:

The frustrating pain points that always gets me is people identifying as sudden warrior mains, will argue warrior is in a good spot and they don't know why people are complaining and saying its bad, while ignoring everything else that isn't Bladesworn. Bladesworn is fine and dandy and effective, though there's plenty of people that dislike the concept, there was much the same for Spellbreaker on its release. Though the main draw of Bladesworn ire is that everything about playstyle(subjective to taste), some people wanted like a new role, like support baked into E-spec and not a weeb gun samurai with a different flavor of DPS role. PvP/WvW side sustain is reduced to spamming shout heals, while the rest of the sustain or defensive options for the rest of the warrior specs were decimated and doomed to languish in uselessness, but somehow that sustain is fine now despite being stronger than what was previously had. Crazy stuff.

Yup, cause people just want to hate on those who express their frustrations for things online and call them haters. 

On top of acting like there exists some form of gatekeeping, that is not actually set by players of one class, but of all classes. 

Logic dictates that someone who mains a class and has been playing it for thousands of hours in all gamemodes, knows the ins and outs of it and is aware of every strength and weakness, is by all means, more knowledgable than the guy who picks a spec for it's "theme" and starts going on in a crusade of defense for their lovely spec. 

If anything, what these people do is projecting their hate and all-knowing demeanor on others cause the thing they like is actually bad and might be taken away from them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Core class and 2 of its elite specs are pretty much the same exact thing with 1 added mechanic tacked on

Anet finally creates a new elite spec that ACTUALLY changes the class mechanic and playstyle akin to what other classes elite specs do while simultaneously having great synergy with core class abilities and traitlines = "this isnt a REAL warrior"

Seems your definition of "real warrior" is to be stuck in 2012 to perpetually whine about being outdated and powercrept and act like you're superior for being the underdog hipster

"If i win its because im uber skilled, if i lose its just because im not abusing the meta like all these posers, my ego stays forever preserved"

Literally never said that about bladesworn, bladesworn is just a spec considered boring boring for most of warrior mains, and 1 trick carried.

That's a big straw falacy right you posted there lmao, people like you loves to use fake quotes to put words to someone's else trying to make your point stronger lmao.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Zizekent.2398 said:

Literally never said that about bladesworn, bladesworn is just a spec considered boring boring for most of warrior mains, and 1 trick carried.

That's a big straw falacy right you posted there lmao, people like you loves to use fake quotes to put words to someone's else trying to make your point stronger lmao.

Read the rest of the thread, people are quite literally saying those things, and in many other threads.

They aren't fake quotes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, tunococman.7324 said:

Let me add one more thing btw

Current Bladesworn players aren't "real Warrior mains" these are FOTM kids who think z-axis teleports and "spammy" playstyles are balanced.

If were talking about "Warriors" that deserve to complain, its the people who want to play Core and want Berserker to be good. People who actually enjoy real casting times to have actual pay offs.

I still believe that if BsW is gonna get nerfed, nerf other obnoxious specs as well

But unyielding dragon that STUNS AND DOES DAMAGE/barrier spam/shout specs in general and historically/daring dragon stability spam + god tier mobility if you figure out how to use daring dragon which people haven't caught on yet isn't "real Warrior" playstyle and is a different kind of annoying "spammer-like Guardian/Mesmer/Ranger/Tempest/Harbinger or w/e Necro spec" that gets away with spamming/easy win conditions, and has a lot of fail safes.

TL;DR It's okay for Warrior to have at least one "good build," so I can at least cheese other classes back. But because of the powercreep, why even pick any other build other than the broken stuff.

That's basically what the Warrior mains subconscious right now. So yes they have the right to complain because of PIDGEONHOLING and ANET's constant nerf to telegraphed attacks such as Hammer AND anet's historically incompetence via frenzy nerf during 2013.

We have the right to complain because anything that isn't bladesworn is telegraphed and outdated and not fun to play. And bladesworn isn't even the only good side noder really, Harbinger/Mechanist/Some obnoxious ranger spec can do the same thing.

But to be fair, "real Warrior" died on HoT 2015.

Just one example 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

"Gatekeeping" he says! Meanwhile ignoring the fact that there is no gate!

As far as "changing the class mechanic", oh they changed it, alright! They destroyed it! It is a spec carried by self-healing because that is really the only way to make it relevant due to its inherent limitations. Now let me ask you this question since this is the hill that you choose to make your stand in: What will you say when bladesworn is inevitably nerfed for the next expansion? Will you still defend bladesworn as passionately as you do now on these forums?

Because my guess I you won't. That's ok. Reality will hit you soon enough.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Yup, cause people just want to hate on those who express their frustrations for things online and call them haters. 

On top of acting like there exists some form of gatekeeping, that is not actually set by players of one class, but of all classes. 

Logic dictates that someone who mains a class and has been playing it for thousands of hours in all gamemodes, knows the ins and outs of it and is aware of every strength and weakness, is by all means, more knowledgable than the guy who picks a spec for it's "theme" and starts going on in a crusade of defense for their lovely spec. 

If anything, what these people do is projecting their hate and all-knowing demeanor on others cause the thing they like is actually bad and might be taken away from them. 

It's also a function of society. So-called "big brained" folks saying: "Screw the experts...maaaaaan!!" (Soooooo edgy..../sarcasm)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

I am not a PvP player, so I withold my judgement a bit but:

The name of the mechanic is different but flow is pretty much adrenaline. You hit things, get flow. What normally gives you adrenaline gives you more flow or higher "flow rate". The only thing new here is that your burst is tied now to a convertion to another ressource (I leave that to anyones own judgement if that is fun and gameplay changing). In the end you just have 3 different bursts instead of 1 (2 on spb), which you cant access by normal means. Fancy enough alright.

What great synergy are you talking about though? The only great synergy I see here is ammunition, mainly shouts. Not like you use kick or throw bolas to recharge them with tactical reload lol. And its arguably the worst interaction with it. Shout spam wasnt fun on spellbreaker and it sure as hell isnt now on bladesworn. But for some strange reason ANET likes it now on bladesworn and people who think that spamming no cast time skills is fun, too. As a reminder the change history on VS. Pay attention to the nerfs and when the buffs started again:

Patch [hide]Changes
June 28, 2022
  • Increased healing attribute scaling from 1.2 to 1.32 in WvW only. Increased healing attribute scaling from 0.75 to 1.0 in PvP only.
March 29, 2022
  • Increased heal attribute scaling from 0.5 to 0.75 in PvP only. Increased heal attribute scaling from 1.0 to 1.2 in WvW only.
February 23, 2021
  • Reduced heal scaling from 0.64 to 0.5 in PvP only.
December 01, 2020
  • Reduced healing coefficient from 1.0 to 0.64 in PvP only.
February 25, 2020 Competitive content update:
  • (Competitive split) Reduced healing coefficient from 1.2 to 1.0.
October 15, 2019
  • Fixed an issue that caused this trait to heal for less than the listed amount. Fixed an issue that caused this trait to have incorrect information in the combat log.
October 01, 2019
  • This trait no longer grants adrenaline when using shouts. Instead, it grants healing power equal to 13% of power.
February 22, 2017
  • The effect of healing power on this trait has been increased by 20%.
June 23, 2015 Specialization update:
  • Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
  • Added: Reduces recharge of shout skills by 20%.
  • Added: Shouts grant you 5 adrenaline.
October 15, 2013
  • Increased the base healing by 25%.
  • Increased the scaling with healing power stat from 80% to 90%.
February 26, 2013
  • This trait has been fixed to properly affect allies within a range of up to 600.
August 28, 2012 Game release:
  • Vigorous Shouts has been added to the game.

I know you dislike any guy here criticizing this spec because you seem to enjoy it, good for you. But dont overvalue it just because of your bias. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

It's also a function of society. So-called "big brained" folks saying: "Screw the experts...maaaaaan!!" (Soooooo edgy..../sarcasm)

"Experts" 🤣

Sure a lot of time with something could qualify you as an expert, but it could also indicate someone with very strong biases and a closed mind

Im not going to put much stake on the opinion of someone that only eats plain chicken nuggets every day for 10 years straight when im looking for input on a homemade chicken dish with exotic ingredients 

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

I am not a PvP player, so I withold my judgement a bit but:

The name of the mechanic is different but flow is pretty much adrenaline. You hit things, get flow. What normally gives you adrenaline gives you more flow or higher "flow rate". The only thing new here is that your burst is tied now to a convertion to another ressource (I leave that to anyones own judgement if that is fun and gameplay changing). In the end you just have 3 different bursts instead of 1 (2 on spb), which you cant access by normal means. Fancy enough alright.

What great synergy are you talking about though? The only great synergy I see here is ammunition, mainly shouts. Not like you use kick or throw bolas to recharge them with tactical reload lol. And its arguably the worst interaction with it. Shout spam wasnt fun on spellbreaker and it sure as hell isnt now on bladesworn. But for some strange reason ANET likes it now on bladesworn and people who think that spamming no cast time skills is fun, too. As a reminder the change history on VS. Pay attention to the nerfs and when the buffs started again:

Patch [hide]Changes
June 28, 2022
  • Increased healing attribute scaling from 1.2 to 1.32 in WvW only. Increased healing attribute scaling from 0.75 to 1.0 in PvP only.
March 29, 2022
  • Increased heal attribute scaling from 0.5 to 0.75 in PvP only. Increased heal attribute scaling from 1.0 to 1.2 in WvW only.
February 23, 2021
  • Reduced heal scaling from 0.64 to 0.5 in PvP only.
December 01, 2020
  • Reduced healing coefficient from 1.0 to 0.64 in PvP only.
February 25, 2020 Competitive content update:
  • (Competitive split) Reduced healing coefficient from 1.2 to 1.0.
October 15, 2019
  • Fixed an issue that caused this trait to heal for less than the listed amount. Fixed an issue that caused this trait to have incorrect information in the combat log.
October 01, 2019
  • This trait no longer grants adrenaline when using shouts. Instead, it grants healing power equal to 13% of power.
February 22, 2017
  • The effect of healing power on this trait has been increased by 20%.
June 23, 2015 Specialization update:
  • Updated this trait to reflect the introduction of the specialization mechanic.
  • Added: Reduces recharge of shout skills by 20%.
  • Added: Shouts grant you 5 adrenaline.
October 15, 2013
  • Increased the base healing by 25%.
  • Increased the scaling with healing power stat from 80% to 90%.
February 26, 2013
  • This trait has been fixed to properly affect allies within a range of up to 600.
August 28, 2012 Game release:
  • Vigorous Shouts has been added to the game.

I know you dislike any guy here criticizing this spec because you seem to enjoy it, good for you. But dont overvalue it just because of your bias. 

To be fair, the buffs back to shouts did come after ArenaNet acknowledged that warrior support was something they wanted to bring back. They might have made those shout buffs even if it was spellbreaker using them. But, of course, shout builds work better with bladesworn nowadays.

2 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

To be fair, the buffs back to shouts did come after ArenaNet acknowledged that warrior support was something they wanted to bring back. They might have made those shout buffs even if it was spellbreaker using them. But, of course, shout builds work better with bladesworn nowadays.

Fair enough

4 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Look, you're clearly a fan of Bladesworn and I won't deny you that, however you can't keep going around acting like there aren't inherent issues with how it feels to play, or how it is being played now that absolutely contribute to its current state of power and the egregiously abhorrent state that the other Specializations have been left in because of it.

No one is arguing that Bladesworn isn't strong, but it is also only strong because of certain "cheesy" aspects that allow it to shine through despite the clunkiness of how it feels to play in competitive modes. The amount of sustain that it maintains is one of the defining things that carries it through competitive modes.

Warrior had similar sustain at other points in its life, back before Healing Signet and Adrenal Health perpetual nerfs where its passive healing was actually to these same levels of strong. Guess what happened with that? Nerfed. Same thing happened with Might Makes Right heals on Spellbreaker and how it interacted with Magebane Tether. Guess what happened with that? Nerfed. All for good reasons, mind you because yeah it was very bloated self sustain, but lets not pretend that it somehow isn't a problem here or that it doesn't carry the build (because it does and it did for the others) and also lets not pretend that in those two prior examples ANet did not do much to compensate for that loss in healing so it, both times, resulted in Warrior progressively falling further and further out of meta or even viability.

To play devil's advocate for what I think others are saying, when they say "it isn't a real warrior" they mean that Warrior in all past iterations has flowed very well in how it plays. The weapon swapping and executing of burst skills all actually felt good to use and to play and to hit with. Bladesworn does not feel this way. It feels far clunkier and not rewarding when landing anything which is why the fact that it subsists almost purely based on its strong self healing capabilities is so frustrating for people. Thats also likely why when Healbreaker was, for the briefest of moments post Feb 2020 balance patch, a thing in competitive modes people were equally dissatisfied.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

The gobblers otw to try and convince the people with tens of thousands of hours on warr that Shoutsworn is a healthy and interactive addition to the class. 

Anet sheep. 

I don't mean to be harsh but anet does seem to spend more tim/money/effort convincing other players that warr is good than spending time/effort/money in making relevent changes

• Like 1