Random High GPU Usage Spikes

SOLUTION FOUND : 

This has literally started Today With no explination : 

My GPU will spike to 100% usage while doing Virtually Nothing 

Normally My GPU will sit at or below 50% GPU usage. 

I've tried finnicking the settings, Seeing if anything needed updated, and I'm about to Try looking for a Memory leak that MIGHT be causing it 

help please? this is really stressful and I have no clue where to go now 

Things I have Tried ( To avoid the basic IT help stuff that will not aid me at all ) 

Adjusting Settings 
- Closing out background tasks that also use GPU 
- Clearing My game cache 
- Checking for Viruses on my PC 
- Updating My graphics Drivers. 

Symptoms of issue

When it occurs : 

- The Game becomes Extremely Floaty And Slow, with frequent Mouse movement Delays 

- The framerate stays high, but everything Becomes Glitchy and strange. 

- Mild Audio Glitching Too 

Update Aug 7th , 2022  :

- Something , I suspect the Glitch, caused a MASSIVE memory leak in my PC , I've since Repaired it and restarted my PC. 

- I'm also going to run the -repair tagline in my shortcut so I can put ALL potential issues to bed. 

Solution : It's Most Likely that A Bad Boot-up Resulted in a Memory Leak for My PC, that, when Gaming was done for too long, caused The Above Issue, Running the Windows Memory Leak Patching Tool ( Winkey + R , Enter Tagline : mdsched.exe , Restart and Run program ) Seems to have fixed the issue 

Edited by Witch of Steam.5138
included more clear description of error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This happens from time to time, its usually a new gemstore item they didn't properly optimise, resulting in framerate drops and graphics glitches whenever those players come into view.

I would set Character Model Quality to Lowest to enable generic models, then see if it still happens.

Also, how bad of a Graphics Glitch? 

Because Mine Straight-up Causes My GPU to Slam to 100% 

including if I start other games up or not after it happens. 

• Sad 1

I'm keeping a Log of what's going on here in case someone else has similar issues. 

I've ruled out my GPU going bad ( tell that to my anxiety ) But we'll see if the issue persists today 

Given I've patched a memory Leak, Updated And Reinstalled my drivers, Ran a -Repair of the Client,  AND Ran  pretty much every test I can to make sure My PC's parts are in good health 

She's an older rig but STILL healthy. 

Following this, if the bug comes back up , I'd appreciate keeping this Thread active so Maybe Anet can see it and get ahold of me to help more

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Witch of Steam.5138 said:

I'm keeping a Log of what's going on here in case someone else has similar issues. 

I've ruled out my GPU going bad ( tell that to my anxiety ) But we'll see if the issue persists today 

Given I've patched a memory Leak, Updated And Reinstalled my drivers, Ran a -Repair of the Client,  AND Ran  pretty much every test I can to make sure My PC's parts are in good health 

She's an older rig but STILL healthy. 

Following this, if the bug comes back up , I'd appreciate keeping this Thread active so Maybe Anet can see it and get ahold of me to help more

Just an FYI:  The Tech CS Team won't contact you; if you wish to have discourse with them, you can 'Submit a Ticket' via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:28 PM, Witch of Steam.5138 said:

This has literally started Today With no explination : 

My GPU will spike to 100% usage while doing Virtually Nothing 

Normally My GPU will sit at or below 50% GPU usage. 

I've tried finnicking the settings, Seeing if anything needed updated, and I'm about to Try looking for a Memory leak that MIGHT be causing it 

help please? this is really stressful and I have no clue where to go now 

Things I have Tried ( To avoid the basic IT help stuff that will not aid me at all ) 

Adjusting Settings 
- Closing out background tasks that also use GPU 
- Clearing My game cache 
- Checking for Viruses on my PC 
- Updating My graphics Drivers. 

Symptoms of issue

When it occurs : 

- The Game becomes Extremely Floaty And Slow, with frequent Mouse movement Delays 

- The framerate stays high, but everything Becomes Glitchy and strange. 

- Mild Audio Glitching Too 

Update Aug 7th , 2022  :

- Something , I suspect the Glitch, caused a MASSIVE memory leak in my PC , I've since Repaired it and restarted my PC. 

- I'm also going to run the -repair tagline in my shortcut so I can put ALL potential issues to bed. 

Possible Solution

- Go to your gpu settings set max fps to 60. Ingame fps limiter kinda buggy.

I use Radeon Chill min 30, max 60 works fine

5 hours ago, stormemperor.3745 said:

Possible Solution

- Go to your gpu settings set max fps to 60. Ingame fps limiter kinda buggy.

I use Radeon Chill min 30, max 60 works fine

In my experience it's the complete opposite - dont use GPU limitation if the game has an fps limiter. And definetly dont use both at the same time because that can break things.

This has begun happening to me as well starting today. GPU gets pegged randomly and everything is like a slideshow.  I've played on max settings forever with no issues until today. Restarting the client seems to fix it for a bit. Changing textures from high to low and back again sort of helps. Definitely something up with the client.