Whats the point of "pure DPS" elite specs now?

Ashgar.3024

Once the game launched on steam , once they've done all the stuff they need , i hope they can focus more on the balance aspect of the game , pve is atm a joke , and i have been told that pvp , wvw are a mess too . We will see today , people are gonna try , hardcore guilds are gonna camp the raid training golem and in a few days , something's gonna come out and i hope it will not be a new afk mech build (they are so many , flametrhower afk , afk bomb dropper , mace alac afk , pew pew afk,....)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/8/2022 at 9:26 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

48k should be the absolute ceiling, if something breaks that ceiling it should be nerfed. 

My issue is there is going to be people who cheese skills and exploit something that is theoretically possible to achieve and make some meta build that achieves things the devs didn't intend so it gets nerfed. Yet the .05% of players who were exploiting that will just move onto the next gimmick while everyone else suffers the consequences of those nerfs. It's that kind of mentality is what caused gw2 to never truly blow up and will continue to be a niche game with content droughts if you push so many away. God forbid someone joins the game and can only afford zerker armor and gets to experience content they realize they could be better at by learning a more difficult build/profession.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, thorrand.6548 said:

My issue is there is going to be people who cheese skills and exploit something that is theoretically possible to achieve and make some meta build that achieves things the devs didn't intend so it gets nerfed. Yet the .05% of players who were exploiting that will just move onto the next gimmick while everyone else suffers the consequences of those nerfs. It's that kind of mentality is what caused gw2 to never truly blow up and will continue to be a niche game with content droughts if you push so many away. God forbid someone joins the game and can only afford zerker armor and gets to experience content they realize they could be better at by learning a more difficult build/profession.

Well, Anet's new philosophy is to apparently give such builds leeway if they really are that hard to pull off so that the normal Joe players are not harshly penalized for the sins of the overly skilled/macro users.