Just Dodge Lol

Shao.7236

9 minutes ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

I mean hammer Rev has like the worst animation among all of the weapon, must feel awful to play

The only thing that's awful is CoR to an extend, everything else is quite deliberately designed in such a way that it can work with the right flow.

Say if you use Phase Smash offensively, you're wasting what is essential a full counter if you get focused. My best advice is playing with Hammer like it's a Ranger longbow, don't contest node, get your free damage instead and push with Staff for node if you get the chance.

Likewise, I can only provide footage on Stream to show that it works, but only you have to be clever which is where the satisfaction comes from. Arguably Field of the Mist is extremely strong and balances out with the AA.

Edited by Shao.7236

4 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Hammer rev in pvp.   Hard stop.  There is the failure

And of course you're going to throw assumptions where I have been more successful than anyone could ever wish for with it.

Keep it coming and don't watch content I provide. And b4 lul silvers, I'm always plat with ease every seasons.

• Like 3
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, Shao.7236 said:

And of course you're going to throw assumptions where I have been more successful than anyone could ever wish for with it.

Keep it coming and don't watch content I provide. And b4 lul silvers, I'm always plat with ease every seasons.

You can be plat with most builds tbh

1 minute ago, Guirssane.7082 said:

You can be plat with most builds tbh

If I had to say the only thing that hammer rev can struggle with is builds that can just sit inside your hitbox and make all skills cancel on CD, there rest is just EoD cringe waiting to be balanced.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

It’s weird, but you can’t dodge the animation of DS, you have to dodge the little explosion before it. The timings are off on it, but the little explosion is the same for all slashes, so it doesn’t matter if they use melee or dash, the timing is actually the same. Hope that helps some 🙂 

also, as everyone else has pointed out, hammer rev won’t win vs blade most likely, blade is too stacked atm, and is quite easy to play. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Op runs hammer and staff rev and complains about Bladesworn.     Just mind boggling 

It's funny how you can get everyone to forget how broken something is just because you're playing something different and yet succeed with it, this community is really easy to bait.

23 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

It’s weird, but you can’t dodge the animation of DS, you have to dodge the little explosion before it. The timings are off on it, but the little explosion is the same for all slashes, so it doesn’t matter if they use melee or dash, the timing is actually the same. Hope that helps some 🙂 

also, as everyone else has pointed out, hammer rev won’t win vs blade most likely, blade is too stacked atm, and is quite easy to play. 

I've beat bladesworn before on Hammer and Sw/A, this has hardly anything to do with the build, BS is straight up carrying plebs at no risk full reward. Anyone with a quark of common sense collectively agrees. There is nothing okay with the design of Dragon Trigger slash extending for so long.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 6
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

It's funny how you can get everyone to forget how broken something is just because you're playing something different and yet succeed with it, this community is really easy to bait.

I've beat bladesworn before on Hammer and Sw/A, this has hardly anything to do with the build, BS is straight up carrying plebs at no risk full reward. Anyone with a quark of common sense collectively agrees. There is nothing okay with the design of Dragon Trigger slash extending for so long.

Yes, blade is a low floor build that is in the upper tier of the meta. That’s not a good thing. I have a more extensive post on this on my profile if you care, to read more 😀

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

You lost to a bladesworn with a less then ideal rev build.   Why do you keep posting??

Lost a 1v2 I would have survived if it wasn't for this self carried jank trigger slash with my less than* ideal "insert profession" build. I'll keep posting and play what actually takes a degree of thinking and have actual fun.

I'll keep posting the objective truth that EoD content is bloated af and anet can't manage it outside the private discords. Actually got this just for you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The point: guys there is an undodgeable attack in the game. The retort:

7 hours ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Hammer rev in pvp.   Hard stop.  There is the failure

5 hours ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Op runs hammer and staff rev and complains about Bladesworn.     Just mind boggling 

3 hours ago, Lysico.4906 said:

You lost to a bladesworn with a less then ideal rev build.   Why do you keep posting??

I am now running for president of the forums. If I get elected, my first decision will be to delete it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Lost a 1v2 I would have survived if it wasn't for this self carried jank trigger slash with my less than* ideal "insert profession" build. I'll keep posting and play what actually takes a degree of thinking and have actual fun.

I'll keep posting the objective truth that EoD content is bloated af and anet can't manage it outside the private discords. Actually got this just for you.

So basically base revenant can fight bladesworn but there's still complaints about dragon boost having a tricky timing to dodge

Yeah okay, not trying to sound rude but if BsW gets nerfed, 100% everything else should get nerfed too

Me personally I'd prefer  if everything was just nerfed to core level 2015 pre-HoT

But hey at least the OP proved that other stuff is just as stupid (including Revenant)

Srs that class is just as annoying too.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Is it me or I see a video where the OP is sniped from behind while chasing helplessly a bladesworn?

yup.... and then he keeps on bragging how much success he has with Hammerrev....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Is it me or I see a video where the OP is sniped from behind while chasing helplessly a bladesworn?

When you already dodged a s

one hit skill once in the same animation you don't get hit anymore... right.

He dodged that one it only 3 times sadly.

at that range and direction he dodged you usally dodge it 4 times if you acoid it.

The most broken part about this is that you cant mixe up the timing of your dodge compared to the skill and have to stay in a tigjt window. This makes this skill much harder to avoid when its already unblockable and ignores blind due to traits.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The video quite clearly shows OP evading dragon trigger then still getting hit by it and people are going out of their way to ignore that by drawing attention to literally anything else. 

What OP was playing or whatever gameplay is visible that you might have issue with that does not directly relate to what they are pointing out is irrelevant. Why are y'all acting so strange about it?

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

The point: guys there is an undodgeable attack in the game. The retort:

I am now running for president of the forums. If I get elected, my first decision will be to delete it.

yep the forum in a nutshell: you talk about A but they respond to B. Those same ppl would be like "why is Anet nerfing B when we are complaining about A. They are so imcopetent".

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1