Just Dodge Lol

Shao.7236

I mean setting aside irrelevant points about gameplay, this ultimately comes down to dodging in the right direction, as one already hinted at. 

Multi-hitting skills that go in a line can't reliably be avoided when you dodge in the direction the skill goes.

This actually isn't even BS specific. Off the top of my head I can list Rev mace 3/staff 5/hammer 2. You just have to remember to dodge to the side.

Also lol "hAmMeR rEv iN pVp. hArD sToP" if there's anyone I trust to make Rev hammer work it sure as hell is Shao

Edited by GeneralBM.5781
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Multi-hitting skills that go in a line can't reliably be avoided when you dodge in the direction the skill goes.

This actually isn't even BS specific. Of the top of my head I can list Rev mace 3/staff 5/hammer 2. You just have to remember to dodge to the side.

Not wrong, although what seems to make it be broken is the final hitbox which lasts for a long time while having a really really large radius, considering it hit from behind. It's also way way faster than the compared skills. I do know what you mean since I've had Mace 3 hit people at the peak but that's only if they react with the evade on the first pulse.

4 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Is it me or I see a video where the OP is sniped from behind while chasing helplessly a bladesworn?

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

yup.... and then he keeps on bragging how much success he has with Hammerrev....

I'm omw to defend my node, the untamed hasn't been in frame for pretty much the entire duration. It's only fair to assume that it was an ambush played at long range and part of regular gameplay.

No matter, there was a 100% chance to survive if that Slash hadn't hit for how considerably close the heal was pulled off and I had other skills to sustain with after.

2 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

No matter, there was a 100% chance to survive if that Slash hadn't hit for how considerably close the heal was pulled off and I had other skills to sustain with after.

my inner Revenant just cringed really hard looking at this footage...  Shiro heal was coming off cooldown in 2 seconds, yet you switched to dwarf and dwarf heal was ready yet you didnt do it. You couldve healed to complete full.... yet you decided to do some "Staff 5 Evade dancing", altho there was nothing to evade...

i just think its completly bonkers how you chase someone with 50% hp, altho you shouldnt be there in the first place. But instead of using your 2 healskills which were ready... you evade when there is nothing to evade. then you get rapidfired and instead of using the 2 dodges that you had ready... you start to cast a 1 second Heal...  

didnt use the 2 heals and didnt use the 2 dodges.... and then starts a thread called "just dodge"... yeah...

and you keep on braggin how "clever" you have to be to play this build and how much success you have... 

and im just like: he could NOT have played this situation any worse than he did... WHAT A CLEVER GAMER!

i just cringed really hard.... im sorry.  I am always like this... dont worry....

back to topic: any skill that you dodged and as a result gave you the "evade" message, shouldnt hit with later parts of the skill. Like the DT does . it just shouldnt do that. I agree.

but then i remember that Revenant staff 5 is DOING EXACTLY THE SAME... Either it has to be consistent, aka. revstaff 5 should also not do it... or we just have to learn that dodging in the trail of damaging skills hurts....   i mean.... in a way... it makes sense...   but on the otherhand it feels cheap to dodge a skill only to get hurt by it at the end of the dodge.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

but then i remember that Revenant staff 5 is DOING EXACTLY THE SAME... Either it has to be consistent, aka. revstaff 5 should also not do it... or we just have to learn that dodging in the trail of damaging skills hurts....   i mean.... in a way... it makes sense...   but on the otherhand it feels cheap to dodge a skill only to get hurt by it at the end of the dodge.

Rev staff #5 is a multi hit skill. Hence why people still sometimes get CCed with stab on.

@Sahne.6950Do you feel personally aimed at? Is that why you feel the need to dissect what would have no matter what happened be better if it wasn't for the main reason why this post exist? Considering you're talking like you knew a Ranger that is literally out of frame the entire time is free casting. That is plain funny and ridiculous.

Your inner "Herald" shows that you don't play Core and be missing like 4 different things at play here that were a much better decisions than waiting 2 seconds that could have gone much worst from the CC that would not have been prevented with Stability. I've not only got a certain unblockable Weakness with bonus barrier and still got crit hit by the most "fair" skill that ate through all my sustain then still being pressured while he still had weakness as I was healing. I could have got away clean and easily with daggers way after to poke at range with while Dome would have allieviated much of the pressure as I can and would have resumed with Field of the Mists shortly after if going to base wasn't needed.

@Eugchriss.2046People get CC'd only if it's a single stack of Stability hence why I always say that not all Stability is equal. This is because the way Anet has it is that if you have no extra stacks, the cooldown per second to remove stacks doesn't exist. So unless you have boon strip that can remove it all or an extra effect like Brutality that takes one away as you CC'd. It normally won't work.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Op not that good on rev so demand (insert class here) be nerfed.        Really his whole 10 posts in a nutshell 

It's not about him being good or bad, nor him playing an op class or not. It's about getting hit by a skill you dodged. learn to read kitten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Lysico.4906 said:

Op not that good on rev so demand (insert class here) be nerfed.        Really his whole 10 posts in a nutshell 

Lysico being stuck in a bootloop of not being able to directly address the issues with [dodges attack, still gets hit] is objectively funny and you can't tell me otherwise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

LOL the amount of hitboxes crammed into that skill is hilarious

Yeah, it's even worse if it's at melee, impossible to dodge, at least at ranged you can just dodge forward.

Awful design.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

bs = bugsworn from now on.

Nice. So now we have:

1. Hamburgers
  2. Willblenders
  3. Bugsworns

Needs more EOD memes. Someone get on this please.

12 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Time for a classic.

https://imgur.com/a/437YRNY

The first week that Scourge released, that was actually happening exactly like that picture.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, Shao.7236 said:

And of course you're going to throw assumptions where I have been more successful than anyone could ever wish for with it.

Keep it coming and don't watch content I provide. And b4 lul silvers, I'm always plat with ease every seasons.

Lmao you're quoting a gold 2 rifle scrapper no stunbreak 1 spammer. It's actually hilarious watching these people judge someone elses build as bad, when they are playing a literal trash build themself. Keep doing your thing OP and ignore sheep like this guy that flock to braindead builds like rifle scrapper and flamethrower scrapper 1 spam ape builds who think they are great when they slap noobs with it.

Edited by Koensol.5860
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Do you feel personally aimed at? Is that why you feel the need to dissect what would have no matter what happened be better if it wasn't for the main reason why this post exist? Considering you're talking like you knew a Ranger that is literally out of frame the entire time is free casting. That is plain funny and ridiculous.

Your inner "Herald" shows that you don't play Core and be missing like 4 different things at play here that were a much better decisions than waiting 2 seconds that could have gone much worst from the CC that would not have been prevented with Stability. I've not only got a certain unblockable Weakness with bonus barrier and still got crit hit by the most "fair" skill that ate through all my sustain then still being pressured while he still had weakness as I was healing. I could have got away clean and easily with daggers way after to poke at range with while Dome would have allieviated much of the pressure as I can and would have resumed with Field of the Mists shortly after if going to base wasn't needed.

im sorry, didnt mean to attack you or anything....   i just think its cringe, how you post a video of you getting dunked on... and then you bragg how "clever" you have to play.....

when the real topic is about DT hitting people even after they dodge. which is a know problem and doesnt require a video of you getting dunked.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

im sorry, didnt mean to attack you or anything....   i just think its cringe, how you post a video of you getting dunked on... and then you bragg how "clever" you have to play.....

when the real topic is about DT hitting people even after they dodge. which is a know problem and doesnt require a video of you getting dunked.

Nah this feels especially disingenuous when certain posters (including you) immediately go to talking about the surrounding gameplay when the title clearly focuses on the dodge issue.

You say "the real topic is about DT" well why didn't you show that? your first post in the thread is literally tunnel-visioned on irrelevant gameplay. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Nice. So now we have:

1. Hamburgers
  2. Willblenders
  3. Bugsworns

Needs more EOD memes. Someone get on this please.

The first week that Scourge released, that was actually happening exactly like that picture.

Rom coined "Untrimmed". I don't know why, but it amuses me.

1 hour ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Nah this feels especially disingenuous when certain posters (including you) immediately go to talking about the surrounding gameplay when the title clearly focuses on the dodge issue.

You say "the real topic is about DT" well why didn't you show that? your first post in the thread is literally tunnel-visioned on irrelevant gameplay. 

I wanted to talk about the DT which i eventually did...

But when i read that  someone brags about how "clever" he is playing, when all i was doing in the last seconds was shaking my head at the gameplay. i just cant stop it. I have to point out what really happend...  autism kicking in i guess.

if he would have just said: yeah i kittened up, but thats not the point here, its about the DT hitting me. it would be all fair and square. we had a laugh and move on.

but hes like: i could have done this and that and this and everything ive done was right, you have no clue....   when in reality he just passed 2 heals just to do his evade dance, while chasing someone onto the farnode without ever looking left and right... then he gets rapidfired and instead of dodgin he starts a 1 second channel at 3k hp..... but keeps on insisting that it was all played to perfection and i have no clue.

Yeah your right, that was so rude. I sincerely appologize.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1