Worth it to wait or just bite the bullet now?

Yogurt Goblin.5934

Wondering if its worth biting the bullet and just focusing on one of the more used classes (guardian or engineer) and give up on my current main, or just continue what I'm doing now? which for context is just logging in to get all my daily things I want and then leaving to play a game where playing the style I want is actually fun for me.

I am just going through the motions until (I hope) Anet properly balances the game and where I can truly play any class I want, in any role, in any game mode. But what do people think the chances are of them actually doing this? and if so what kind of time scale do you reckon?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Wondering if its worth biting the bullet and just focusing on one of the more used classes (guardian or engineer) and give up on my current main, or just continue what I'm doing now? which for context is just logging in to get all my daily things I want and then leaving to play a game where playing the style I want is actually fun for me.

I am just going through the motions until (I hope) Anet properly balances the game and where I can truly play any class I want, in any role, in any game mode. But what do people think the chances are of them actually doing this? and if so what kind of time scale do you reckon?

Taking the safe assumption you main Druid (which isn't even that bad, arguably better than Support Mec on fights that require crowd control). Ranger and Engineer share the same Ascended gear so you can fairly safely "meta-slave" on Engi even while waiting for Druid to get buffed to your liking.

• Like 1

Would you rather :

-play something you like and have fun doing whatever you're doing while learning some class mechanic ?

-blindly follow what is meta even if it means having to do drastic change in between ?

I see so many people claiming to reroll on another character because it is "Anet favorite class" then either getting bored or being forced to play the said class because they invested so much into it that it's not worth rerolling back. If all you're doing is finishing your dailies and log off, then no I dont see a point in changing class.  

• Like 4

If all you want to do is doing the dailies, you don't need to adapt to the developer's favourites. Most dailies are doable with all professions.

But do yourself a big favour and discard that hope. It's not going to happen.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ashgar.3024 said:

Taking the safe assumption you main Druid (which isn't even that bad, arguably better than Support Mec on fights that require crowd control). Ranger and Engineer share the same Ascended gear so you can fairly safely "meta-slave" on Engi even while waiting for Druid to get buffed to your liking.

This is exactly the thing I was thinking of, I have the character slot for it and I can just move all my gear over and have my harrier stats do my support roles and then just waffle through my other builds for engineer. I just really don't find it that fun to play mechanist or scrapper, which is where my dilemma lies.

• Thanks 1

I think you can go Druid Healer with spirits so that you provide enough Alacrity. I just checked on Metabattle ant that's considered meta on raids and strikes. As long as you are healing and providing alac I don't think the same build wouldn't work on non-CM fractals honestly (can't say about it's efficiency or use in CMs since I haven't done them yet).

People are just using Mecha because it's easy to use (and to me quite fun tbh), but if you are properly healing and giving alacrity as a druid that shouldn't be a problem.

Play druid, it's a fine spec, just because mechanist is busted doesn't mean druid isn't meta at all. If anyone questions your choice, tell them druid has better CC, better immob(even if mecha was buffed recently on that front with an out-of-nowhere rifle buff, they can just take it instead of mace/shield) and slightly better push(once again, rifle helps compete well). If you're that worried just setup a mecha pocket pick if it looks absolutely needed. But it won't if you play well. Just hope your sub's quick source is a qfb so they can deal with aegis/stab in your stead.

I think now more than ever you play what ever you want. I was much worse a year ago when HB was in a much stronger position.

I mean half the time i when play Strikes/Fractals i sneak in extra boons or healing to make sure we clear the runs.

Edited by Mell.4873

7 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Just to clarify, all I do now is dailies and stuff, but I want to be able to safely do fractals, strikes and raids in a support role, which I feel is dominated by Guardians and Engineers.

Just because a lot of players play certain builds doesn't mean others are not good or viable. If you are scared of not being welcome in groups for not picking the flavor of the month, just make your own.

Very little content in this game is actually so hard that you have to genuinly optimize your group composition or specific picks. Almost all content can be done by anyone playing anything in roughly matching gear and traits.

I am 100%sure that whatever class that you play there is a build that is pve meta viable and can clear hard modes. For example weaver, best power dps. So it depends on you to get good instead of arenanet to make the optics that u like most the easiest class because u didnt l2p.

IF mechanist of raids ect. is the issue, then hell yeah spend 30minutes make rifle mechanist in exotic zerker gear and l2p on that, for sure (im doing that too having rejoined the game).

If your concern is wvw..u can zerg on any class and u can roam on any class. For gvg..i don't think that u are one of the 21 gvg players in gw2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

if you're not liking what you're playing, cut your losses and switch asap, eventually you'll find yourself overly invested and by then it'll have been too late. also game state in this game transitions very slowly, specially for competitive balance. if thats one of the things you're waiting on don't bother.

ive been going through the motions myself for years, not pretty. i did make it work for myself over the years, but in hindsight it wasn't worth it. and i wish i made the switch to things i enjoyed.

i really wish they eventually introduce class change and race change to this game.

• Confused 1