Steam is on the Road

Hello aber devs,

Steam is on the Road, many Players and Player groups (Friends that Play videogames toghether) could Join Our wonderful Community and compete in different Game modes as Teams.

But oh wait, Guild Wars 2 allows only to q With 2 Players at max? Sad will Not fill the decreasing Community that is loosing Players since years (basicly when it got removes).

But that shouldnt be a Problem, activate 1-5 q on ranked, so everyone can participate With x(max 4) amount of Friends and can have fun, or solo Players can have fun With more Players in the Pool.

At's are cool but nothing for the big majority of Gamers out there. Unranked is okay but yo neither get rewarded as good or have a Goal to Work for (yes some don't Care about Rank and only want to get better etc, but many rly so enjoy this).

Pls anet think about it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

I can get on board with increasing party sizes and rewards for ATs/Unranked, but not for making Ranked pretty much a photocopy of Unranked.

The average SoloQ player would very much enjoy a larger pool of players. What they aren't going to enjoy is being a SoloQ against a full team of 5, that sounds like more of a miserable experience for the SoloQ players rather than a fun one.

We already have a glimpse into what that is like with DuoQ and all the match manipulation and blowout matches that come with and that's just with 1 other person.

What they should really do is join the year 2022 and split Ranked into Teams and Solos arenas since they're very different. That would also allow more than just 2 people to queue together in the Teams mode without making every Solo player on my team want to quit & afk before we've even left spawn.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

What they should really do is join the year 2022 and split Ranked into Teams and Solos arenas since they're very different. That would also allow more than just 2 people to queue together in the Teams mode without making every Solo player on my team want to quit & afk before we've even left spawn.

This.

While team pvp should ideally let you queue with who you want for ranked, there needs to be a provision for soloists that lets them do team queue with no premades (not even duos), or something that allows them to demonstrate personal skill. (If classes were balanced Id suggest 1v1 arenas here.)

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This.

While team pvp should ideally let you queue with who you want for ranked, there needs to be a provision for soloists that lets them do team queue with no premades (not even duos), or something that allows them to demonstrate personal skill. (If classes were balanced Id suggest 1v1 arenas here.)

Thank

Yeah 1v1's could be fun and if the standard 5v5 solos is successful, that could be a good opening for SoloQ-friendly miniseasons like 1v1's.

Of course that would take dev time which I don't think PvP is going to get, but with basic 5v5 SoloQ conquest; that's already been done before, its just a matter of putting it back in, only this time as an option rather than forced.

6 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I can get on board with increasing party sizes and rewards for ATs/Unranked, but not for making Ranked pretty much a photocopy of Unranked.

The average SoloQ player would very much enjoy a larger pool of players. What they aren't going to enjoy is being a SoloQ against a full team of 5, that sounds like more of a miserable experience for the SoloQ players rather than a fun one.

We already have a glimpse into what that is like with DuoQ and all the match manipulation and blowout matches that come with and that's just with 1 other person.

Splitting the ranked q in solo and Team will Just endup in less people in the Pool.

I have already to wait for every Game 5 minutes, i don't mind Splitting them but in the First place we Need a playerbase that can sustain both q's. And its really unlikely that, that will happen With solo/Duo.

Splitting it now will make both ques dead.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Splitting the ranked q in solo and Team will Just endup in less people in the Pool.

I have already to wait for every Game 5 minutes, i don't mind Splitting them but in the First place we Need a playerbase that can sustain both q's. And its really unlikely that, that will happen With solo/Duo.

I think forcing people to get stomped by premades would make it more dead, personally. While I think finding a group and working with them should be baseline skill needed for pvp, recall players in general hate forced group content.  Raids and strikes are starved. There has to be some kind of provision for the solo heroes out there, while they're getting those groups worked out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Idk about that specifically. I don't think the timing is all that important, the sooner they introduce more queue options the better.

I can only speak for myself, but I would come back in a heartbeat the moment that i'm able to play solos competitively again. 

I've spent too much time and money on this game not to. I even ate the official guild wars 2 pizza from Pizza Hut one time.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I think forcing people to get stomped by premades would make it more dead, personally. While I think finding a group and working with them should be baseline skill needed for pvp, recall players in general hate forced group content.  Raids and strikes are starved. There has to be some kind of provision for the solo heroes out there, while they're getting those groups worked out.

I See the Problem With premades "stomping". But you could do work arrounds for that. Let the 5 man q prior Other 5 man groups and If its Not finding a Match against some 5 man groups With Same Rating in X minutes, Look for pug Players with a Higher avarage Rating to Fight against, lets say even 100 Rating Higher.

As far as my expierience was since release is, that better Players gonna win. If the 5 pugs are 1600 Rating and the 5 man's are 1500 the 1600 Group should Most of the time win.

I don't want to make a horrible expierience for soloqers, i am one of them, but the current state IS the worst for soloqer ever has been.

Eu is as dead as na was 2 years ago and na is probably even way worse dead.

Heck at First mota we Had 1730 was top 100, now is currently R1 1700 ish

duoQ´s are actually fine.... alot of games do it like that....

if they every going to implement 5man Q´s again, they also have to make sure that you "mirror" your enemys.

your team has a 3man and a duo.... so does the enemy...    enemy is 5-man? so are you.   simple as that. Thats the only way to do it.

(watch people jump in and tell that the playerbase is to low and we wil have 20 minute Queues)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

duoQ´s are actually fine.... alot of games do it like that....

Dukey games do this. Overwatch and the likes.

Pretty much every other good competitive game out there has a split between solos and teams. Most even have a split between specific party sizes because they recognize that in order for their game to be competitive, it has to actually be competitive. That means fair.

if they every going to implement 5man Q´s again, they also have to make sure that you "mirror" your enemys.

your team has a 3man and a duo.... so does the enemy...    enemy is 5-man? so are you.   simple as that. Thats the only way to do it.

This would be more fair, but DuoQ already isn't like this in Gw2. Many games actually have a DuoQ on only one team and even if they could mirror; this is 5v5, there is still going to be at least 2 soloQs in every game

(watch people jump in and tell that the playerbase is to low and we wil have 20 minute Queues)

it just overly complicates things rather

A solos/teams split would be easy and it would give us the true soloQ experience we're looking for, when we want to SoloQ of course because with split queues you get to make that choice.

this is nothing compared to the level of disapointment when they find out that dude that afk'd their games 3 times in a row won't get banned or that the game had bot problems that is not a thing now because the bot service moved to another game and not because the company took action.

My content is all in portuguese but I make sure to release a youtube video pointing out all those problems in english and post everywhere it could be seen, maybe the devs take action if teapot join the train

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Scrap the failed Esports mode and add 15 vs 15 unranked BGs only. Stronghold is basically 75% of the work done already.

No other solution will increase participation rates.

PvP in it's current state will harm the Steam release more than it helps.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Scrap the failed Esports mode and add 15 vs 15 unranked BGs only. Stronghold is basically 75% of the work done already.

I think hotjoin should see a return also . As mentioned above a lot of the issues stem from people trading wins/people not being able to vet their team and ensure everyone they're paired with wont throw. I don't think forcing people to group harder is the solution. 

I keep saying this but 1v1 with 2v2/3v3 off seasons, a ranked team queue and a ranked pug mixer would probably be the best solution. Could even take a page out of BHVR's treatment of Dead by Daylight and incentivize joining whatever queue is slow with a couple extra champ bags/track pips or something. Make the queue that needs more players glow on the UI probably.

One thing I can agree with is that if PvP doesnt have some momentum heading into steam it is going to be a major pain point for people that want to do competitive, especially once they see how much the game's combat lends itself to making exciting pvp that isnt just gear checks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

If that's what people want, I guess.

For me 15v15 would be nothing more than a passing fancy to play here and there. If it was a gamemode, wouldn't want it to be the only one.

It would be too overloaded with effects to tell what is going on, and while the chaos might do my battered and bruised attention span good for a game or two, I feel like it would get mind-numbing pretty quick.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

I cannot wait until the Steam release. I will LAMBAST pvp when I make that review. Deservedly so. gw2 does not deserve a NICKEL for pvp considering their epic disastrous botch over the years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I think the steam release is going to prove one thing or another.

a lot of issues will be gone for a while cuz we'll have a healthy player base again, but once ppl start quitting again it'll will be worse than now

let your rating drop to s3/g1, 50% of the games are decided by which team get the most afkers, this ppl not getting banned are reason number 1 new players don't stick around, i've seen plenty ppl coming to this forums after playing 3 days in a row with the same afker and come here to find out that report system just doesn't work, they never come back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I cannot wait until the Steam release. I will LAMBAST pvp when I make that review. Deservedly so. gw2 does not deserve a NICKEL for pvp considering their epic disastrous botch over the years.

You need to wait a few weeks after release to do this. Early reviews get a * by them

15 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

It would be too overloaded with effects to tell what is going on, and while the chaos might do my battered and bruised attention span good for a game or two, I feel like it would get mind-numbing pretty quick.

Proper 15vs15 would be AB in WoW that has 5 nodes far away from each other so you're rarely in an actual 15vs15 battle.

Edited by Kozumi.5816

43 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Pvp community is so small that bad reviews coming from here won't really matter.

New steam player opens up gw2 for first time. Makes rev, uses mace 2 (mace is starter wep for rev) - sees weird animation and wonders wtf is this kitten? And thats just a beginning of his journey with all the bugs weird hitboxes etc. Pvp playerbase is not needed at all and steam users can be brutal unlike fanboys gathered here/reddit

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

That's because the reddit shadow bans overly negative people.

Isnt that an Utopia! 

Cull the badmouthing bunch by banning them. Very demicratic for internet communities ngl! 

In any case, there will always exist the gobblers who undeniably support anet. Sheep like that are the first obstacle to overcome, not shadowbans. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

New steam player opens up gw2 for first time. Makes rev, uses mace 2 (mace is starter wep for rev) - sees weird animation and wonders wtf is this kitten? And thats just a beginning of his journey with all the bugs weird hitboxes etc. Pvp playerbase is not needed at all and steam users can be brutal unlike fanboys gathered here/reddit

i don't think so, in terms of mmo there's almost no competition

wow that's only alive cuz ppl that played the game on its prime can't let it go

FF with sub fee

I don't know how lost ark is

aside from that every mmo launched in tha last 10 years is either a total failure or turned pay to win

• Confused 2

On 8/9/2022 at 3:54 AM, Avatar.3568 said:

I See the Problem With premades "stomping". But you could do work arrounds for that. Let the 5 man q prior Other 5 man groups and If its Not finding a Match against some 5 man groups With Same Rating in X minutes, Look for pug Players with a Higher avarage Rating to Fight against, lets say even 100 Rating Higher.

As far as my expierience was since release is, that better Players gonna win. If the 5 pugs are 1600 Rating and the 5 man's are 1500 the 1600 Group should Most of the time win.

I don't want to make a horrible expierience for soloqers, i am one of them, but the current state IS the worst for soloqer ever has been.

Eu is as dead as na was 2 years ago and na is probably even way worse dead.

Heck at First mota we Had 1730 was top 100, now is currently R1 1700 ish

I'm sitting at 1509 rating rank 94 NA

It would be nice if they actually try it out before steam release, too late for that i guess, we'd gonna see how it was with very low pop

testing those things in mini season would be way better than 2v2 and 3v3

i really wish we had that, to see how miserable it would be