Suggestion: Make Gem Store Item That Lets You Change Character Underwear Color and One For Holding Hands

57 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

You're decades too late. People have been using MMOs to meet people for... god, I don't know how long. Prob since they started being a thing. I think there have even been MMOs where people can get married, but don't quote me on that. Could be confusing RP marrying with it being supported in the game.

Well you can marry in FFXIV.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

You're decades too late. People have been using MMOs to meet people for... god, I don't know how long. Prob since they started being a thing. I think there have even been MMOs where people can get married, but don't quote me on that. Could be confusing RP marrying with it being supported in the game.

You joke but with the WoW declining quality crisis. FF14 having like 10x the population just because someone on earth slightly heard about it and never heard of gw2 or thought it died 10 years ago. There's legit people who spend 10$ a month just to use FF14 as a housing designer

Even though you can do like the same thing in like a Roblox Bloxburg for free or maybe 2$ if you wanted. . . .

(Don't watch the whole thing ofc, just like a minute or two if you want. It's 30 minutes long. But honestly yeah. A few people build really detailed stuff that's like more detailed than their irl house in video games. Coming from wow i never saw the appeal? But i guess for ff14, it has a reputation for being 10x population of GW2 not-WoW mmorpg where you pay 15$ a month to uh. Play notWoW and roleplay in houses and whatever so called "Cat maid rp" is... Which the only thing i've heard about in gw2 is that charr don't want to be flipping cat maids and will maul your face off and fire you into their warband if you try to stick one into a suit. 

Edited by Sunchaser.9854
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Riiiight.

Whatever you say.

Still no!

Just like others have mentioned. 

There's no real need for this really, is there?

Still, I must say it wouldn't be a hard thing to do though.

Changing colours would be an easy and quick thing to do and slap it in GS.

However, there must be a reason ANet hasn't done this yet.

Don't misunderstand me though.

I'm not up against it.

I even used sarcasm in my reply.

I just find it somewhat unusual to ask for that in GW2, considering there are so many Sims out there.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Riiiight.

Whatever you say.

Still no!

Just like others have mentioned. 

There's no real need for this really, is there?

Still, I must say it wouldn't be a hard thing to do though.

Changing colours would be an easy and quick thing to do and slap it in GS.

However, there must be a reason ANet hasn't done this yet.

Don't misunderstand me though.

I'm not up against it.

I even used sarcasm in my reply.

I just find it somewhat unusual to ask for that in GW2, considering there are so many Sims out there.

I don't know, I'm just responding to your use of the phrase "dating sim." I helped run a guild in one MMO for a few years. The amount of relationship drama I saw, some of it stories I just can't tell... I can't say if it's like that in most guilds in MMOs in general or if ours was an anomaly, but it was so prevalent people using the game that way. So considering what I've seen, I find it a bit odd to use the phrase "dating sim" like it has no relevance to an MMO.

As to the specifics of what OP is asking for, I think it's hilariously mild compared to some of the reactions. We almost never have any reason to see the character's underwear anyway and neither it nor holding hands is inherently a romantic thing.

• Confused 3

On 8/9/2022 at 12:53 AM, memausz.7264 said:

Also I want one that lets two players conduct a holding hands animation with /holdinghands - (make the two characters smile while doing so).

Its my understanding that making in-game models interact with each other in such a fashion is insanely difficult for Arenanet to pull off just for things like cutscenes, much less regularly in-game as an emote between player characters.  You're color changing underwear request might have a vague chance in comparison but I don't think a hand-holding emote has a prayer.

7 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Its my understanding that making in-game models interact with each other in such a fashion is insanely difficult for Arenanet to pull off just for things like cutscenes, much less regularly in-game as an emote between player characters.  You're color changing underwear request might have a vague chance in comparison but I don't think a hand-holding emote has a prayer.

Exactly this right here.

... because after the holding hands, you'll ask them to do a kissing animation... and then what, next?

Guild Wars is mostly about the fighting.

Now, I'm not trying to narrow it down.

People did get married in game, way back in GW1.

The game already gives you the freedom to RP if you wish.

There's even a RP dedicated LFG.

I'm not being stubborn or a bigot. 

I just think that they should invest time and resources in fixing things such as Druid, and Mirage. 

WvW, etc...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gw2 rp is pretty dead since its probably 10x lower pop than other mmorpgs statically, or at least prime numbers. And while I've heard a couple people try it apparently lfg is full of trolls since its set to autoaccept instead of auto-accept join toggle on/off  like other games, and gw2 pretty much has a 15 year old design on lfg systems from the medieval ages. 

• Confused 1