Why exclude WvW player Mount Skins from the Mount Packs?

So I noticed the

1. "Spooky Mounts Pack",
  2. "Mad REalm Mounts Pack",
  3. "Mad King Mounts pack",
  4. "Exo-Suit Mount Skin Pack"

Are all missing warclaw skins.

I feel, as an exlusive WvW Player, that I am getting hosed when it comes to mount skins?

Are pve players the only important players?

Do the packs come with warclaw skins and it's just not noted?

I was actually thinking about purchasing the Mad King pack but not now. No moneys for you. lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Randin.5701 said:

For at least some mount packs, it's because the packs were created before the warclaw was. I'm not familiar enough with all the packs off-hand to say which that applies to, but there you go.

Regardless of when they were created, thats not really an excuse. They should be updated for current mounts before being sold on the trading post.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

From what I understand, Anet contracts out some of the art for the game, including (at least some of the time) mount skins. So this could be why you wouldn't see them going back and filling out missing mounts for a style. To be clear, not trying to make an excuse for them. It annoys me too to see a mount pack that is incomplete. But that could be why. I mean, maybe it's possible despite that for them to go back to the same artist and ask them to do the style again for missing mounts. But it may be more logistically difficult if it's not in-house, making it just enough of a hassle for them to consider it not worth the cost.

• Confused 4

Notice also, that for some of those skin sets whose packs do not cover all of the mounts (like Branded) Anet has already released complementary skins... in some of the later mount licenses. Now imagine all potential issues that could happen if someone has the old pack and bought the new license in order to complete the set, and Anet has decided now to switch that one skin from the license to the old pack.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

The horrible rng system for mounts is a pretty bad way to sell mounts without people getting something they won't use. It'd be nice if at least they had like, random Mount skins sold by like, Warclaw skin boxes at least, griffon boxes, etc. 

otherwise, you can only choose to buy from a raffle pack for a mount you might not even use. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

Regardless of when they were created, thats not really an excuse. They should be updated for current mounts before being sold on the trading post.

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

There was no Warclaw mount when those skin packs were created and introduced into the game.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Im getting tired in this new age „we are being excluded“ „ no one likes us“ „others seem more worth“ speeches.

These are pixel skins in a game with 300 viewers on twitch in NA prime time kitten.

If you feel discriminated in an electronic computer game you should log off for at least 6 month and look for therapy.

buy or buy not and stop this lousy mimimi in todays world.

god kitten.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

51 minutes ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

But why?

The skyscale isnt in the packs either... because they where created before those mounts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

So I noticed the

1. "Spooky Mounts Pack",

I feel, as an exlusive WvW Player, that I am getting hosed when it comes to mount skins?

I was actually thinking about purchasing the Mad King pack but not now. No moneys for you. lol

Mad Realm (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Realm_Warclaw) and exo-suit (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exo-Suit_Warclaw) skins were added at a later date since, as many people have pointed out, the warclaw was introduced after the initial release of the packs. 

You should also note, that not all of these have a skyscale, roller or indeed turtle skin included. 

I don't disagree that there is some inconsistency with how they released later versions and they should consider raising the price for the packs if they are going to bundle in a warclaw skin.

On the other hand, many people don't want to pay more for the bundle because the extra skin isn't one they will use. 

IMO : just wait until they release the warclaw versions and get the individual skins you want, don't worry too much about packs. 

• Like 1

They've made warclaw skins to match some of the packs and released them as part of mount licences:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Branded_Warclaw_Skin

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exo-Suit_Warclaw

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Realm_Warclaw

They've also done the same with skyscale and beetle skins and may do it with turtle skins too. They just don't change what's in existing packs after they've been sold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

So, you suggest that players that want to fill out their Mount theme should have to purchase the entire pack again...just to get the Warclaw/Beetle/Skyscale/Siege Turtle skin?  I'm not sure that would go over well with the playerbase. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the problems with the warclaw is that whenever a "4 legged special mount" was released, it was made as a Jackal. That habit still seems to be sticking around and we saw a lot of tension over the white tiger due to this.

We now have the situation where skimmers compete with skiffs - there were no skimmers in the recent canthan mounts pack. Neither is a particularly good situation.

Edited by chronometria.3708
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

If they added the new mounts, then they would have to raise the price of the pack.  Then people would complain about the higher price.  Also, players with the old pack would want the new skins (most likely for free) and complain about that.  It's best to just leave the packs alone.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, chronometria.3708 said:

One of the problems with the warclaw is that whenever a "4 legged special mount" was released, it was made as a Jackal. That habit still seems to be sticking around and we saw a lot of tension over the white tiger due to this.

We now have the situation where skimmers compete with skiffs - there were no skimmers in the recent canthan mounts pack. Neither is a particularly good situation.

Well, special skin warclaw exist too. 

And about the white tiger, while there is a feline jackal skin, there is also a canine warclaw skin. 

The right sentence would be that warclaw have less special skin than jackal or raptor, for exemple. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

The horrible rng system for mounts is a pretty bad way to sell mounts without people getting something they won't use. It'd be nice if at least they had like, random Mount skins sold by like, Warclaw skin boxes at least, griffon boxes, etc. 

otherwise, you can only choose to buy from a raffle pack for a mount you might not even use. 

If you don't want to gamble, get select licenses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Which are 3x the price. Therefore adding warclaw skins to a pack for the 90% or more of players who don't actively use war claw actually puts the modelers and consumers in a odd position where adding unused skins for a user to a box that costs modeling fees might actually lower the value from a meta gaming perspective while another player wants more skins for em, etc. 

Not enough to be a major issue. But why would spending resources for a game format less than 10% of players might actively main to give a box a 1/8 chance to contain a skin you never use in pve add? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

Which are 3x the price.

Yeah, because that's the difference between gambling and getting what you want. You want to take a risk for a potentially lower price? You're free to do it, but then at least acknowledge what you're doing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

So in other words, spend money on development costs to make a monetization model that lowers the chance of a wvw player getting a 1/8 of the mount they want. and a 1/8 junk chance for other players. Spend more money making a model that makes it have less value to each consumer. Brilliant logic!!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

So in other words, spend money on development costs to make a monetization model that lowers the chance of a wvw player getting a 1/8 of the mount they want. and a 1/8 junk chance for other players. Spend more money making a model that makes it have less value to each consumer.

Why would the player deserve better gemstore prices/odds to get what they want just because they're playing less of the game?

Don't want to leave it to chance? Then get a select license. Want to gamble? Then don't expect to get what you want. It's really just that simple.

Brilliant logic!!! 

Yeah, "I only play 1/Xth of the game, so I deserve different/better gemstore prices than the others" is indeed a great logic. Which at the same time misses the point of why gambling licenses are "cheaper" in the first place. Hint: it's not because you're supposed to get what you want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

*WvW players feel hosed on skins*

Argues why should players deserve better value, misses content not being made. 

Bud.... You know they don't even EXIST right now right? 😂.. You're asking and proclaiming the echo chamber gospel to a problem that doesn't even exist yet. Probably because wvw players either need to spend 3000 gems gambling for a mount they don't buy. Because a license costs 900 they might not buy. Because all models likely have a similar development cost and marketing companies typically might look for return per investment on monetization. (I literally work with a person who's job it is to monetize their 15000-27000 active player game lmao), sure things might not apply but you're trying to sell yourself as the gospel solution to...

A problem they need to create to exist. Wvw players have less mount choices. Players complain enough about even the pve siege turtle being in strikes and a 5k dps meta failing 4-11 times in a row for them as is. A product that's designed to not give you what you want probably might not be deemed as great a success as not. Game model prices vary but say, 200$-1000$ for a rigged 3d model with dye channels and 5-30 people buying a specific model for 10$ for example might be like okay while another model might sell like 1000s. It's not us choosing what to model, anet decides what to model and if they decide to skip on development because not enough players buy war claw skins or care about war claw skins... You're spending money to add a mount to a gacha box that could very well lower the perceived value to masses over a box with a guaranteed mount they might use. I think I've seen even posts about skin complaints for warclaws or sky scale skins for wvwers before. I think I'd be more interested in mount specific gacha boxes than region themed ones though. 

If There's anything I've seen from the last threads. Mounts are a highly personal choice and some people literally only use one for everything. Especially single mount users. So there could probably be a open market waiting to be tapped on skyscale/warclaw/griffon /raptor /beetle boxes, if they so wanted, or just jackal skins for doge. 

Im going to save some time and just assume your next response will be to read 0% and just reply "Duh use mount select skin" and the response will still be the same. If the skins don't even exist or get developed in the first place, they literally aren't even rolls lol. Warclaw users as of now are the people who can't Get skins developed and its probably a fair chance that it may be lesser return on investment when pvpers don't seem like the cosmetic fashionscaping type usually on their 1 feet high Asura camo gnomes. 

"just buy license for mount that don't exist" yada yada. 

• Confused 4

12 hours ago, Nokturnal Lunacy.3186 said:

So I noticed the

1. "Spooky Mounts Pack",

Honest question here, even if the warclaw was added to those packages, why would you want to buy a whole pack consisting of almost entirely PvE skins if you never play PvE?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Sunchaser.9854 said:

*WvW players feel hosed on skins*

Argues why should players deserve better value, misses content not being made. 

...what? You were complaining about the value of rng licenses. Now you're (apparently?) suddenly pivoting back to OP's complaint about "x mount skin not being part of y skin pack". Why certain mounts don't have skins in packs made in the past is already explained in the posts above. It changes nothing about you trying to build an argument that players playing limited content of the game (in this case: just wvw) somehow deserve better chances at the skin gamble licenses and that's exactly what I was talking about. What's not clear about that?

Want to greed out on skin value by buying "cheaper" licenses just because they're made with gambling in mind? Then do that. If you want to pick a skin, just get the select license like many other players do. 🤦‍♂️

You're asking and proclaiming the echo chamber gospel to a problem that doesn't even exist yet.

Where exactly did I "proclaim the echo chamber gospel"?

"The problem doesn't exist yet", but you want "the problem to become reality", which is why I am already commenting on it. What's wrong with that?

Probably because wvw players either need to spend 3000 gems gambling for a mount they don't buy.

Or maybe they can just buy a 1200 gem license and pick what they want? 🤔 Again, you need to stop running away from acknowleding what gambling is, why these gambling licenses are cheaper and why you want to gamble in the first place.

If the skins don't even exist or get developed in the first place, they literally aren't even rolls lol. Warclaw users as of now are the people who can't Get skins developed and its probably a fair chance that it may be lesser return on investment when pvpers don't seem like the cosmetic fashionscaping type usually on their 1 feet high Asura camo gnomes. 

"just buy license for mount that don't exist" yada yada. 

Select licenses don't exist? Right.

Warclaw skins are developed. The main packs they're not included in are the ones from the time before warclaw mount existed. It's the same with other mounts, like the beetle.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2