Festival of the four winds Acheivement Barnstorming the cliffs

MrSaffer.4305

Hi, 

I just wanted to say how dumb i think it is that you can only use the griffen to gilide with after paying 20 silver and not acheive the (MY) last acheivement because i dont have the mastery for the griffen yet.... Hire the mounts so that you can test them they say?.... well a griffin that cant dive is like the bunny with no power jump or a beatle with no speed boost (Dragon Bash beatle rental has speed boost no mastery needed). PS i glide just as well with my glider than the griffen rental maybe even better. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, MrSaffer.4305 said:

well a griffin that cant dive is like the bunny with no power jump or a beatle with no speed boost (Dragon Bash beatle rental has speed boost no mastery needed).

1. Indeed, a griffon that can't dive is like a bunny without a power jump. Those're given by masteries.

2. Beetle speed boost is not a mastery, so that parallel is false. Beetle masteries are 1) launch foes on engage skill; 2) burst through designated walls with enough speed; 3) regain endurance by "jumping" in air (performing sick air tricks). Dragon Bash beetle rental does not provide any of these masteries, even the third which is very useful for regaining speed after the Svanir cave jump.

The griffon rental isn't really there for the two adventures so much as for the rest of exploring the cliffs... and to get a small taste of beginner griffon, like the other mounts.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MrSaffer.4305 said:

I just wanted to say how dumb i think it is that you can only use the griffen to gilide with after paying 20 silver and not [get the final] acheivement [I need] because i dont have the griffon mastery . . .

I hear ya, buddy. With the vast majority of things I feel that ArenaNet did a nearly perfect job with GW2, and am usually the one defending them from flaming and griping. But on this I have to agree with you 100%. It's ridiculous that you can "rent" the mount but not be able to enjoy any of its benefits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well that's not fair to make that a major component in completing to get the weapon for the 25 achievements. I've done 2 other achievements and they didn't even count. Not everybody has a griffon yet. Or a skyscale. I just got my skimmer a few months ago. You have the Queen's area, why can't that count towards the achievements? I've got 23/25 completed and worked my butt off for days/nights to do it. I had to have a friend help me with the fliers and the crystals for ones I couldn't reach because I didn't have a skyscale. This is a FESTIVAL for EVERYBODY! It's supposed to be FUN! And EVERYBODY should be able to participate! You took that away. This is my first time at the festival. I've enjoyed all the other festivals and events you had put on for your special holidays & whatnot since December. This is the first one I can't complete because it's not fair. I'm working towards my jackal, griffon and skyscale before the festival. Why bother having one to rent if it can't be used in the competition? Waste of money. I needed the bow at the end because it's way better than the one I have now and can't get it because I don't have a griffon. That's discrimination!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You can fully get everything except the barnstorming achievement. I remember I did the permanent meta achievement without thte skyscale - griffon is enough. It is just a bit harder. In the wiki there should be maps for the locatoin of those crystals you need to collect for one of the achievements.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that sounds pretty awful. "Here is a subpar version of the griffon to give you a taste of what it can do and the achievements you can't get with it lol, have fun thinking it's a mediocre mount."

Like I would not want to get the griffon if I got a test run of it and it couldn't do the amazing things it's capable of. That would make me think it's a mount that's not worth the 250g and collections.

Edit: And to put a finer point on this, believe it or not, seeing a video of someone zooming around with griffon in queensdale was one of the main reasons I came back to the game and gave it another chance. I've been a bit disappointed, if I'm being honest, how few opportunities there are to use a griffon that way organically, but it's still an amazing mount to have and it does its design a disservice for a rental version of it, meant to be used for the griffon challenges there I can only assume? (otherwise why the rental option) to be locked into gliding and flapping.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I didn't really understand the point of this griffon rental, but I guess that's a way to allow f2p player to have a aerial view of the cliff, since they can't have glider too. 

But yeah, it's common to rental to be the base version of the mount.

I guess it may also help for the cristal hunt, so that's not that pointless, actually. 

But not that useful for someone with a glider, thought

• Like 2