WvW Skirmish claim tickets

Dynamo.5709

Can it be that every chest give us the same amount of  WvW Skirmish claim tickets ?
for the ones that work and dont have all the time to play it is difficult to get to the last 2 chests, thus prolonging the required time to get important things.

im not saying that i want the legendary armor set in less than 22 weeks, im saying that i want it in 22 weeks not 60 weeks

ty

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

He doesn't want more tickets, he just wants them given out evenly throughout all skirmish chests. That's a big difference.

And that's why I said "Then". 

Because skirmish tickets have the problem that people who need them don't get enough and people who don't need them anymore get something worthless. 

We need to tackle both problems because if we only speed up OPs problem, more people end up with the second one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Because skirmish tickets have the problem that people who need them don't get enough and people who don't need them anymore get something worthless. 

We need to tackle both problems because if we only speed up OPs problem, more people end up with the second one. 

Does a full time WvW player really have the problem of not being able to spend Tickets? After the three sets of Legendary armour and outfitting all his WvW alts with Infusions, making 2 Confluxes and filling the other trinket slots with Mistbands etc.?

There are Obsidian Weapons Mist & Mistforged weapons to buy...

Edited by Gorani.7205
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Does a full time WvW player really have the problem of not being able to spend Tickets? After the three sets of Legendary armour and outfitting all his WvW alts with Infusions, making 2 Confluxes and filling the other trinket slots with Mistbands etc.?

Eventually you full time wvw players will get them. Adding some chest with random drops and chance of cosmetic infusion would be nice.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The grind to cap per week is probably really daunting for any new player first stepping in, who are likely looking at around 20 hours of playing exclusively WvW to get to that point. 

I've seen a few people say "well you're not really meant to cap every week." Problem with that logic is it just turns what would be an 8 week grind for Warbringer or something into a 20 week grind because of how heavily weighted the tickets are to the back end. 

And yeah, technically you get roughly the same tickets per pip throughout the track, but it's the amount of time required to do so that's the issue. 10-20 hours a week in a single part of the game is an unbelievable ask that's maybe only matched by raids, which are more rewarding than WvW by a mile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

The grind to cap per week is probably really daunting for any new player first stepping in, who are likely looking at around 20 hours of playing exclusively WvW to get to that point. 

wvw armor is not for weaklings.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, Dynamo.5709 said:

Can it be that every chest give us the same amount of  WvW Skirmish claim tickets ?
for the ones that work and dont have all the time to play it is difficult to get to the last 2 chests, thus prolonging the required time to get important things.

im not saying that i want the legendary armor set in less than 22 weeks, im saying that i want it in 22 weeks not 60 weeks

ty

The only problem with this that if your personal cap on tickets is inability to play enough hours to finish all of the rewards, you won't get many more by changing it either.  In order to change it, every tier would have an equal number of tickets available.  In order to do that, every tier would probably look like diamond currently looks, which at 10 pips takes about 3 hours to complete.  Meaning, even more people wouldn't get the extra pip every week from finishing wood because it would take more time to complete it than they play wvw.

On 8/11/2022 at 2:53 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

YES I have all those things (did 4 sets of armor before the wardrobe change) and have 65K tickets that are essentially useless..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Ubi.4136 said:

The only problem with this that if your personal cap on tickets is inability to play enough hours to finish all of the rewards, you won't get many more by changing it either.  In order to change it, every tier would have an equal number of tickets available.  In order to do that, every tier would probably look like diamond currently looks, which at 10 pips takes about 3 hours to complete.  Meaning, even more people wouldn't get the extra pip every week from finishing wood because it would take more time to complete it than they play wvw.

It would depend on how many chests you open, I guess the track, each one tier would have more than the wooded but less than diamond.

Let's say you get halfway, There are currently 1450 pips to be had, and 365 tickets per week. So halfway would be 725 pips. 134 Tickets, should get wood, bronze, silver gold and two chests into platinum. For equal tickets in chests, you'd get 182 tickets.  Quite a big difference.

Of course, it would really change things at high and low ends of it. As it is  if I get 100 pips in a week, 17 tickets. At equal boxes I't get about 25.  Then for higher levels, in mithril and diamond you may end up with less per chest than it is currently.

1 hour ago, Ubi.4136 said:

The only problem with this that if your personal cap on tickets is inability to play enough hours to finish all of the rewards, you won't get many more by changing it either....

That only happens if you average the pips per track too, which I don't think the OP has in mind.

Some data based on: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

Status Quo, assuming you get +10 pips per tick for illustration, first hour of playing (after e.g. reset on Friday night); you 11 chances to "tick" (because the first tick does not count):

You have earned 110 ticks which has completed the "Wood"-chest for a total of 17 tickets. After a (non-consecutive) second hour of WvW gameplay, you are at 220 ticks, just short of finishing the "Bronze"-chest and having earned 32 tickets.

Even distribution of tickets across all chests, (365 tickets/35 chests = 10.4 ticket per chest) reward tracks are not evened out; lets divide the tickets like 9/9/9/15 per tier (kind of like the "Gold"-chest); everything else stays the same:
The same example as above would have given the player 69 tickets.

This "super casual WvW"-Player would still need over two years (round about 114 weeks) to finish one set of legendary armour. Under the current conditions he would need close to 5 years!  Remember that the "WvW-main"-Player (who will have a higher tick due to higher rank) will still need only 22 weeks to get all the 7880 tickets for a set. Those players lose nothing compared to the status quo.

Edited by Gorani.7205
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kori Jenkins.9017 said:

I've seen a few people say "well you're not really meant to cap every week." Problem with that logic is it just turns what would be an 8 week grind for Warbringer or something into a 20 week grind because of how heavily weighted the tickets are to the back end. 

And yeah, technically you get roughly the same tickets per pip throughout the track, but it's the amount of time required to do so that's the issue. 10-20 hours a week in a single part of the game is an unbelievable ask that's maybe only matched by raids, which are more rewarding than WvW by a mile. 

Could be worse, before the Leggo backpiece, you could have done like the rest of us and crafted 20-30 Ascended back pieces and then had to do the same journey for the Leggo backpacks. No the rate is fine, play the game mode and in time you will end up with it, or just craft the Ascended ones and swap out if you change up builds.  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Could be worse, before the Leggo backpiece, you could have done like the rest of us and crafted 20-30 Ascended back pieces and then had to do the same journey for the Leggo backpacks. No the rate is fine, play the game mode and in time you will end up with it, or just craft the Ascended ones and swap out if you change up builds.  

I wish salvaging wvw ascended trinkets had given back tickets, not that I need them.  I had 14 full sets of wvw ascended accessories prior to the legendaries being added.

19 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

That only happens if you average the pips per track too, which I don't think the OP has in mind.

Some data based on: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

Status Quo, assuming you get +10 pips per tick for illustration, first hour of playing (after e.g. reset on Friday night); you 11 chances to "tick" (because the first tick does not count):

You have earned 110 ticks which has completed the "Wood"-chest for a total of 17 tickets. After a (non-consecutive) second hour of WvW gameplay, you are at 220 ticks, just short of finishing the "Bronze"-chest and having earned 32 tickets.

Even distribution of tickets across all chests, (365 tickets/35 chests = 10.4 ticket per chest) reward tracks are not evened out; lets divide the tickets like 9/9/9/15 per tier (kind of like the "Gold"-chest); everything else stays the same:
The same example as above would have given the player 69 tickets.

This "super casual WvW"-Player would still need over two years (round about 114 weeks) to finish one set of legendary armour. Under the current conditions he would need close to 5 years!  Remember that the "WvW-main"-Player (who will have a higher tick due to higher rank) will still need only 22 weeks to get all the 7880 tickets for a set. Those players lose nothing compared to the status quo.

Then they can just craft Ascended gear like the rest of us did. Its the same stats and if they can't wait for the daily gates on Ascended then buy the mats of the market. if a player wants the Leggo they need to put in the time.

• Confused 2

On 8/11/2022 at 8:53 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

Been there done that (but no mistbands, because all trinkets are legy). And I have never used tickets to buy infusions, I used laurels instead.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:53 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

At least the ascended versions require also grandmaster marks and to get grandmaster marks in WvW takes a lot longer (for me) than the tickets.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ubi.4136 said:

I wish salvaging wvw ascended trinkets had given back tickets, not that I need them.  I had 14 full sets of wvw ascended accessories prior to the legendaries being added.

I hear you, have bank tabs of armor sets haven't started to breakdown incase they decide to roll back the armory for some reason. I don't think they would but considering the time it took to craft all that paranoia hasn't let me start to break it all down yet.

The way the system is currently designed is:

at lower chests the time required/pips required to finish a segment of the chest is less (25 pips per segment at wood, 55 pips per segment at diamond. That's just about 2.2 times the time needed until you actually see any tickets in Diamond). This means that there is a higher chance that you might not finish the current segment of a chest or even the chest final segment (which would basically make any adjustment in tickets/pip gained irrelevant), thus losing out on all the tickets you could have gotten.

This is counterbalanced by having less tickets rewarded per pip. The difference in tickets/per pip sounds worse than it actually is and it evens out to some extent. There is a graph indicating the exact gain rate on the skirmish reward wiki:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

While yes, Wood and Bronze chests are almost 0.7-1 ticket per pip behind, they are also just a minuscule fragment of the entire time spent acquiring pips. Once at Silver or Gold, the difference to Diamond shrinks significantly, while still being far behind required pips per chest segment (Gold being at 40 pips per segment, around 72% of the pips needed compared to Diamond).

What that graph also shows is that over half the tickets per week, close to 200 (192 to be exact, that's 52% of the total 365 tickets possible), are behind the first 5 chests while requiring 820 pips (that's 56% of the total pips required, 1,450 total) while the remaining 173 tickets are behind the last 2 chests for a total of 630 pips.

Now if we were to go by "FAIR" altering the initial tickets to be higher would mean to increase the pips needed per chest segment, which would be a far larger detriment to players with limited time at their disposal and would create far more pressure to have to "finish" that last chest segment or lose out.

Yet changes made don't actually have to be fair or balanced, there could be a change to increase tickets gained in the initial chests or to somewhat even out the disparity in tickets/pip, counting on the fact that later chests simply count as additional reward for the players with more time. That's not really fair, but more player friendly to newer players while counting on the fact that players that spend more than enough time in WvW won't mind.

TL;DR:

The actual difference in tickets/pip is not that large in part due to the fact that especially the two most disadvantageous chests, Wood and Bronze, are completed in a fraction of the time per week needed. Once at Silver and Gold, the ticket/pip difference is far smaller compared to Diamond all the while keeping the chest segment size smaller.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

On 8/11/2022 at 1:53 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

I've got the three sets of armor, the backpack, the infusions, and I'm working on the first Conflux. At this point I'm usually playing enough WvW to max out my Diamond chests by Wednesday every week. So the second Conflux will happen in the not too distant future. It's the legendaries that have given me a goal to work toward there. I've already started wondering what happens after I get the second Conflux and no longer have a specific goal there. I like WvW but do I like it enough to play without tangible rewards and specific goals. Dunno but I guess I will find out after that second Conflux. Oh, I'm not particularly interested in the Obsidian or Mistforged stuff you mentioned.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:38 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Thank you. Anet really does need to come up with something significant to do with the skirmish tickets after one has all the legendaries one wants.

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I did craft 20-30 ascended back pieces. The rate is not fine according to literally anyone other than people who have already done the grind and wasted dozens of hours of their life. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2022 at 2:38 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Just brainstorming here, how about something like: if you are past X rank (a pretty high one to fit with people who'd have extra and avoid newbies accidentally misspending), you can spend Skirmish Tickets to buy Memories of Battle. Considering there's probably a fairly low percentage who'd be at this point and how time-gated Skirmish Tickets are, I don't think it would devalue them much, if at all, and could become another source of gold for those top rank players who have all the WvW items they want.

Backloaded rewards are always crap, especially in a game that usually does the opposite.

I say we should increase the max tickets to 420/week, and also make it so that you earn all your tickets by Mithril.

Diamond will award no tickets but should receive much better rewards. We should get a ascended feast, and small amounts of guild siege at the end of it. Slightly edited skins are boring, give us something more practical.

Reaching Diamond last week should give you a VIP status for more stuff.

We also need a legendary WvW earring and/or amulet.

This should help those people that just want tickets, and also help people that no longer give a kitten about amassing them but play enough to get Diamond chests. There will no longer be any reason to complain about not being able to reach Diamond.

And yes, I have 24k tickets I don't use. And it's not a lot compared to most other people I play with. They need to do something about that and other mounting piles of trash, like Embelms of the whatever.

I mean we could also rework the vendor to be more interesting but that's a lot of effort.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1