Gyroscopic Acceleration should grant Superspeed at the start of a well.

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

This is one of those small QoL things I was thinking of.  The biggest advantage to running Scrapper is the self-quickness that it is able to provide.  In practice, I noticed an issue going with the self-quickness build (Gyroscopic Acceleration, Free Space, Kinetic Accelerators).  Shredder and Blast Gyro are used for damage, while Bulwark and Purge are used for more niche situations.  When engaging enemies, you're supposed to open with Shredder and Blast to do maximum damage, but you won't receive quickness until after they're done.  Against anything less than an elite enemy, they're dead by the time this happens.

I am very well aware that there's superspeed on the function gyro and the utility toolbelt skills.  However, using these skills does take time.  The beginning of every fight starts with Thunderclap, then the self-buffing phase where I get quickness, then the wells, and then I start using other skills.  This takes a surprising amount of time, all for me to get quickness from the Gyros after the enemy is already dead.  

Now, I don't know of any balance considerations that this would entail for WvW and PvP.  If having more instantaneous group superspeed via the gyros poses a problem, I see no issue with having split function on the trait.  However, for the purposes of overworld play, dungeons, non-boss fractals, and solo-roaming this would be a great QoL adjustment for Scrappers.  

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
small correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The toolbelt skill of Blasting Gyro, Bypass Coating is an instant cast super speed skill. The toolbelt of the heal skill, your heal skill itself and function gyro apply super speed with as low a casting time as half a second. There are really more than enough things to get that instant quickness going.

Not going to discuss your actual suggestion, you just seem to be lacking insight on what options you actually have by the way you're arguing.

1 hour ago, Endaris.1452 said:

The toolbelt skill of Blasting Gyro, Bypass Coating is an instant cast super speed skill. The toolbelt of the heal skill, your heal skill itself and function gyro apply super speed with as low a casting time as half a second. There are really more than enough things to get that instant quickness going.

Not going to discuss your actual suggestion, you just seem to be lacking insight on what options you actually have by the way you're arguing.

No, I just have a scattered brain.  I called the toolbelt skills utility skills by mistake in the second paragraph.