Friendly Reminder to select your Guild for WvW Alliance beta

Ronin.4501

You must make your guild selection by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on August 11th.

If you're unsure of how to select your guild, open the WvW panel (B key if you haven't adjusted your keybinds) and go to the lowest tab on the left side of the panel: World Restructuring BETA. Click on the tab and make sure the guild you want to be linked with for the beta is checked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Which is exactly why I posted this in the first place after remembering all the complaints the previous betas. 😆

To be fair, not everyone reads banners and not everyone reads forum posts. I think they need to add an alert like they do for living story that something big is afoot when they do these. We will still have some people that will complain but it would help alert peeps that something of this scale is dropping in. Still +1 for dropping peeps another reminder. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

To be fair, not everyone reads banners and not everyone reads forum posts. I think they need to add an alert like they do for living story that something big is afoot when they do these. We will still have some people that will complain but it would help alert peeps that something of this scale is dropping in. Still +1 for dropping peeps another reminder. 

I was thinking about that too, but the question I had is two-fold: When do you post these alerts (as in, every time a player logs in during the 2 weeks prior, or every time a player enters WvW during the 2 weeks prior? And unfortunately neither is a guarantee the player will pay any attention to them), and also what do you post notifications for? I heard a LOT of complaints recently after Anet reworked several of the keybinds and players were caught unaware. But if Anet posted a notification in-game for every change they make, we'd be seeing a wall of notifications constantly, and at some point a lot of us would be asking how to TURN OFF those notifications lol.

I think realistically the best thing to do is not rely so much on Anet posting these notifications but rather having the guilds make these announcements, as the complaint is the players want to run with their guilds and didn't select said guild. And even then, how many players actually read the MOTD from their guild when they log in anyways? I think this is one of those situations where no matter where and how often you spam the message, some people just aren't going to pay attention regardless, and they're also as likely to be the ones to complain afterwards. You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't lol!!