Vendors for Dragonstorm and other Metas and adding Watchwork chest to Marionette

Do you like this idea?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

Hello Tyrians,

There is an issue I have come across in some of the Meta and instanced group content such as Dragon Storm and the Marionette.

Many people I am sure have been trying for a very long time to get frostsaw, minis and the eye infusions from Dragon Storm. Many people I have seen complain about getting more than one frostsaw, while others have tried over a year every day to get one of these drops. I wanted to see what people thought of a merchant in Eye of the North being created and special tokens for Dragon Storm and the Marionette in which you can buy the special dropped items or even exchange a duplicate like the frostsaw into tokens so that you can buy what you want as well as having random drops. This idea has  been implanted in the game before with things like the statuette vendor for the Black Lion Chest special weapons and drops.

I’d also like to put forward the idea of placing the new item Watchwork Chest (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Watchwork_Chest) and the watchwork weapons into the marionette as a random drop for completing the marionette and possibly create a ascended version of the dagger/sword that the marionette holds as an item that drops as well and possibly a watchwork infusion or brass infusion that would drop to get more people to play the marionette. To at least add the watchwork chest and weapons as a random drop would make it better to actually play this awesome meta.

Of course, much like the Dragonstorm suggestion a new token for playing Marionette would drop and you could eventually buy these items from the merchant in eye of the north to allow people to buy it after so long.

What does everyone think? Anything else you would want to add to this whether it be a meta that needs this sort of mechanic or items you’d like to drop or be from the vendors that were suggested?

Edited by ElijahFitzroy.5762
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Re: Dragonstorm, would allowing you to trade in X amount of Memories of Aurene for some of these things be too evil? That would be the most obvious contender, I think, from the standpoint of "currency you get every time" and fits in with Anet's mode of "allow someone to do gems to gold very expensively to get this." Or maybe Memories of Aurene + Tyrian Defense Seals so it's not completely exposed to $$, just partially.

I ask if it would be too evil, cause then you'd have to choose between selling them for gold, keeping them for legendaries, or keeping them for this stuff, which might cause the value of them to go up even more (if more people are hoarding them and putting them into a vendor) and would be a clear tradeoff in terms of value you're getting out of the meta for time spent.

*I am using the term evil somewhat facetiously here, but I use it cause this way could be making you choose in a way that is undesirable (cause tradeoffs), but still creates an option

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Re: Dragonstorm, would allowing you to trade in X amount of Memories of Aurene for some of these things be too evil?

This went from an "implement a bad luck safety net" thread to a "just let me buy it for moneyz without playing the content" proposal in no time -all while pretending it's some sort of "trade off" 😄 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I was thinking more of a new token rather than the memories of Aurene. Something to encourage people to play dragonstorm and the marionette. A friend suggested having also the prismatacite ore be one of the items that you need to spend with the token since prismatacite is already given to you with dragonstorm and it only has use in making the dragon slayer weapons.

So with that I thought maybe the new token and prismaticite would be a good way to purchase these items. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ElijahFitzroy.5762 said:

I’d also like to put forward the idea of placing the new item Watchwork Chest (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Watchwork_Chest) and the watchwork weapons into the marionette as a random drop for completing the marionette and possibly create a ascended version of the dagger/sword that the marionette holds as an item that drops as well and possibly a watchwork infusion or brass infusion that would drop to get more people to play the marionette. To at least add the watchwork chest and weapons as a random drop would make it better to actually play this awesome meta.

It will be better to put Urn + New Comfetti (like exist in the chest of the 4-Winds) + existing imfusion . They are the most sought out items and they waste less resources to create new ones for an old content

While using the Watchwork Weapons for another content , will have 2 areas of the games where have very sexy rewards

We avoid any future scenarios where people try to argue that 1% of the areas of the game should be for them and then tell the company 3 months later ,  that casuals are not doing the content for lack of rewards and we should buff it so they have a monopoly on a 8.000gold item

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

It will be better to put Urn + New Comfetti (like exist in the chest of the 4-Winds) + existing imfusion . They are the most sought out items and they waste less resources to create new ones for an old content

While using the Watchwork Weapons for another content , will have 2 areas of the games where have very sexy rewards

We avoid any future scenarios where people try to argue that 1% of the areas of the game should be for them and then tell the company 3 months later ,  that casuals are not doing the content for lack of rewards and we should buff it so they have a monopoly on a 8.000gold item

That is certainly an idea if they don't want to make something new and different for the Marionette fight. Though I think some people might have a complaint if you can buy the infusions with currency from this fight. They certainly could be a random drop in the content for those that seek out infusions.

With the eye infusions in dragon storm I might suggest allowing 1 to be bought from the vendor since between the achievements and the merchant you could have 2 dragon eyes to make one set. while any others would have to be a random drop.

Otherwise if any infusions can be bought from the merchant they would have to be a very very high price in the new currency/token in order to not have people that have bought the infusions before not to get upset. 

• Like 1