Playing Gw2 with only one hand pls help

Hi,

The only thing I can think of would be that you could use your left hand with the WASD keys.

Also, the skill bar can be used with the number keys that you could use your left hand.

1,2,3, corresponds to the skill

That's all I can think of but hope it helps some

If its short term or you can't afford new kit the best option is probably to remap the key board so you can reach everything you need with one hand, which will also take practice to get used to. 

If it's long term and you can afford it then it might be worth looking into something like an MMO mouse with loads of buttons (although left handed ones are rare) or an Azeron keypad so you can have more controls within reach. Or maybe footpedals or something like that. I'm not sure what would be comfortable or practical for you, but there's a surprising range of PC inputs these days. 

• Like 5

I have alot of experience with disabled friends and MMOs.

To play effectively with one hand you need a special mouse or keyboard where there's alot of buttons or keys concentrated in one place since you need at least 10 skills buttons, maybe more. You'll probably also want foot pedals to move around with, so you can focus your hand on casting skills instead of movement. If you do this you'll be able to play the game on the highest level without any problems.

There's no way to play competitively (i.e, in high end PvE) with just a regular keyboard, because you'll always have to hinder your movement to cast skills. At best you can do some kind of autoattack build like Rifle Machinist and just hope for the best, so I recommend getting proper hardware.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

if your fingers are short I suggest moving from the wasd to werd as you will be able to reach the number keys for weapon skills and you can use the qasf for utility, elite and healing skills and zxcv for profession skills.

I broke my right wrist once and the only thing that's not great is that you can't look and move/do skills. You can use a gaming mouse and use it with your left hand it might feel weird for a sec but you'll get use to it if you have one. If you don't I suggest what danikat.8537 said

• Like 2

I actually play the game one handed quite often.  This is due to being cheap and lazy more than anything else, but I've become quite adept at it.

Most people have covered everything you'll need when it comes to paraphernalia (foot pedals, gamer mice, etc).  Another important choice is which builds you should run with.  Each profession has a fairly easy build to run with (except for one) that won't require much diversification of gear nd build for fractals or raids.  I use these builds while wandering around on most professions (I don't play ranger that much).

Elementalist: This one doesn't really have an "easy" build, but Tempest is easiest to play.  The first one is the fire camping Griever Tempest.  Compared to most other one-handed builds this one is a bit high maintenance.  The strategy is to mash all of the buttons off cooldown, except for the heal skill.  You camp fire attunement.  This build does a surprisingly large amount of damage, and it can even fight at range.  The other version is the Lightning Overload spam.  Fresh air means that air attunement recharges any time you crit, which is very often.  Use air overload, swap to another attunement, use one attack, then swap back to air and wait for air overload.  If you want more offense, you can use the lightning hammer, which spams blinds and does good damage on it's auto attack.  Picking up the second dropped one might be an issue though.  This build is easier, but isn't as strong as Griever Tempest.

Mesmer: Immortal Virtuoso is the way to go.  This build looks a lot like regular condi virtuoso, except it runs inspiration and never activates the signet of inspiration.  Ensuring that you use the shatters is the highest maintenance part of this build, but so long as you do the self-healing the immortal virtuoso has makes it capable of face tanking champions while still doing good damage.  

Necromancer:  Nearly any build will work.  Right now I'm running a pure condi harbinger, since harbinger's shroud will just murder everything.  Alternately, you can use full berserker power reaper with minions, which will do a decent job of staying alive.  Just be sure to use Parasitic Contagion on the condi builds and everything will work out

Ranger: Afraid I don't play ranger.

Engineer:  Rifle Mechanist is almost infamous for how low maintenance it is.  This is probably the easiest and strongest build out of all of them to use with one hand. 

Thief: Rifle Deadeye.  The hardest part about playing the game mouse only is that you can't move and attack at the same time.  Well, this build doesn't need to move.  It parks itself at  safe distance, and then proceeds to rocket bullets at an enemy.  I use this for my dailies, as well as with hunting treasure mushrooms.  It's pretty easy to fumble the buttons for mark and the stolen skills, but otherwise this build has high performance for spamming Three Round Burst.

Revenant: The Auto Attack Rev..  You turn on the toggles, then auto attack the enemy to death.  Does pretty good damage and has decent self-sustain.   

Warrior: Immortal Spellbreaker.  This guy caps himself out on might while also getting immense self-heals from it.

Guardian: Trapper Dragonhunter.  This is another profession that doesn't really have a simple and safe way to do things.  However, this is the closest I can come up with.  Just mash traps and the symbol when you enter combat and everything dies very fast.  

• Thanks 4

Ranger: Poison beast li probably the easiest build for soulbeast with bear(black has the best beast abilities) you can tank lots of damage and it's really hard to die while in shortbow. Viper's nest gives you a LOT of health via preditors' cunning. Bear stance has condi cleanse, protect me gives stun break, and entange, concussion shot, and crippling shot does break bar damage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Played a pvp game with someone who had little use of one hand due to a motorcycle accident.  He used foot pedals.  Not sure on the brand but basically using your feet to trigger actions.  Say dodge on a foot pedal? Amazon has a bunch of USB ones for pretty cheap... hmm I could see doing this for myself.

Amazon.com: Foot Pedal PC USB Triple Foot Switch Programmable Computer Keyboard Shortcut Key Customized Combination Key One Key Move for Video Game Office Equiment Control HID (Mechanical Switch) : Electronics

• Like 2

Hi, i have lost most of mi fingers in mi hands, i have just tree complete fingers in mi left hand, so i can't play like a normal person 

But your case is more complicated but not imposible, 

I think the best option is a mouse with integrated keyboard, with that you can do olmost everything if you use action camera

• Like 1