Trying to enjoy ranked, but.....

Sahne.6950

...some kid keeps limittesting on your homenode.

Just a few clips from yesterdays rankedmatches, to showcase Bruisertempest.

i got "instant-karma´d" and die at the end, cuz i was /laugh´ing xD

The only thing that can beat this build is my two hardcounters. A good Sc/p specter, because its beam bypasses my 2 defenses shock and magaura at the same time, and Condirevs(i am fighting one in the clips so you can see it) the chillspam slows down my rotations so i cant cleanse fast enough and all his attacks bypass my 2 defensive auras.

besides those two, nothing can get me off a node! Even in 3v1s i will simply kite around the node wasting everyones time and still dont die....     I am having mad success with this build, so far i have not lost a single match with this!

New FotM Sidenoder?👀 thoughts?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Trying to enjoy your metabuild, but.....

Meta is made for and with competitive lvl gameplay so ofc in the lvl of gameplay shown in that video, your build and some meme build like rifle mech sometimes get better result. Your build wouldn't carry a single game in plat 3 plat 2 . No offense. For example the cata you beat 1v1 was using wrong weapon, wrong heal, and even if was meta cata, clearly didn't know how to play the spec. A proper hammer cata main would 100-0 that tempest build, and that's why cata and bs are the meta sidenoders. Not tempest

18 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

Meta is made for and with competitive lvl gameplay so ofc in the lvl of gameplay shown in that video, your build and some meme build like rifle mech sometimes get better result. Your build wouldn't carry a single game in plat 3 plat 2 . No offense. For example the cata you beat 1v1 was using wrong weapon, wrong heal, and even if was meta cata, clearly didn't know how to play the spec. A proper hammer cata main would 100-0 that tempest build, and that's why cata and bs are the meta sidenoders. Not tempest

Those 3 games were all in g3. I am on game #15 with 1496 ratingpoints currently and still climbing without a Single loss outside of 2 in my placements. 

We'll see how high i can go with this build. i peaked p2 with builds that were weaker than this one tbh.  

You should give this a go, youd be surprised.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Thanks 1

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Trying to enjoy ranked, but.....

All of your opponents in that video are performing at g2'ish standards, maybe some of them lower. If you want a good showcase video for a build, you need to highlight footage of your build going against known top players or at least known good players. You should also go out of your way to specifically feature the build vs. all other builds currently in use in the meta.

vs. Bladesworn, Willbender, Vindi, Untame, Mech, Specter, Virtuoso, Harb, Cata <- People will want to see the full tour of the build's performance vs. at least this list, if they take the time to watch a build demo compilation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

All of your opponents in that video are performing at g2'ish standards, maybe some of them lower. If you want a good showcase video for a build, you need to highlight footage of your build going against known top players or at least known good players. You should also go out of your way to specifically feature the build vs. all other builds currently in use in the meta.

vs. Bladesworn, Willbender, Vindi, Untame, Mech, Specter, Virtuoso, Harb, Cata <- People will want to see the full tour of the build's performance vs. at least this list, if they take the time to watch a build demo compilation.

Yeah your assumption of g2 is not far off. Those 3 games were shortly after my placements. Those were g3 games. Im still ranking in. Currently i am 15 games/2losses at 1496ranking. The few seasons where i pvp (i am a wvw-guy) i end up in plat after a few games. 

I am doing a shitton of duells with this build. From the builds you mentioned, a good sc/p specter will beat me 100%of the time, as the beam completly bypasses both my shock and mag aura at the same time.

But the other matchups favor you simply because of the ammount of projectiles that these builds use. 

if you want to see more matchups and fair "/bow" fights, i will try and get more footage after the weekend.

we could also have a little duell sessions so you can see whats going on, but i think your NA right?

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 8/13/2022 at 2:31 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

Yeah your assumption of g2 is not far off. Those 3 games were shortly after my placements. Those were g3 games. Im still ranking in. Currently i am 15 games/2losses at 1496ranking. The few seasons where i pvp (i am a wvw-guy) i end up in plat after a few games. 

I am doing a shitton of duells with this build. From the builds you mentioned, a good sc/p specter will beat me 100%of the time, as the beam completly bypasses both my shock and mag aura at the same time.

But the other matchups favor you simply because of the ammount of projectiles that these builds use. 

if you want to see more matchups and fair "/bow" fights, i will try and get more footage after the weekend.

we could also have a little duell sessions so you can see whats going on, but i think your NA right?

Don't let people get you down about the build, if it is good from gold to p2 it means it covers the majority of players, p2 and above are like what 250 players that never play at the same time.

That being said there is an issue if the intention of the build is to be something for gold/new players since it is ele and a sidenoder. Generally the game is decided by mid node fights in those brackets and by taking tempest to the sidenode it is kinda axing the support for your team while the other team might get support tempest and by being ele it requires more time investment to get the muscle memory on how it works so it is not exactly newb friendly build. 

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Don't let people get you down about the build, if it is good from gold to p2 it means it covers the majority of players, p2 and above are like what 250 players that never play at the same time.

That being said there is an issue if the intention of the build is to be something for gold/new players since it is ele and a sidenoder. Generally the game is decided by mid node fights in those brackets and by taking tempest to the sidenode it is kinda axing the support for your team while the other team might get support tempest and by being ele it requires more time investment to get the muscle memory on how it works so it is not exactly newb friendly build. 

hey!

It doesnt get me down ❤️ i am currently in p1 with 1567 points and still cimbing, so far i have lost 1 game, but we had a afk:/ 

This build is in no way meant for newer players, if you dont get your stun->root->stun combos right, you will not kill anything in a meaningful time, thus being nothing but a bunker. Build requires to have experience with Tempest, and most notably knowing your matchups. If you manage to use your reflects offensively and reflect the enemy burst, thats when you will gain meaningfull counterpressure, to quickly secure kills. You also have to bind people in your firefields and overloads... this is by no means easy ,especially against opponents that know your kit and what your trying to do to them.

regarding the topic about midfights and opposing team having a support tempest: This is actually what is the best thing here. This build will completly shutdown the enemy Eart/water/tempest support. As you can load him up with condis and most notably roots faster than he can cleanse, you can wipe the enemy support tempest or atleast have him burn Obsidianflesh and mistform in mere seconds with this. The second he starts to overload, i use Earthsignet,Firesignet,Earth3 and then start earth overloading on him, resulting in 10+ seconds of root. During your overload, the root will be hidden under bleed and cripple, making it impossible for the other tempest to cleanse it. After the Earthoverload, the root will be on the top priority to cleanse, so immediatly go into fire and lay my fire 4 under him, the repeated burnstack application make cleansing the root yet again borderline impossible, especially if your cheeky and go into water to apply chill with 3 and 4. The only thing he can do now is use Obsidianflesh or/and Mistform..... otherwise he will be a sitting duck in your firefields for 10 seconds... . The fact, that in most games you have a support tempest on the other team, actually favors you, as he can not deal with your immobilize pressure. If i find myself in the same fight as the tempest, i will make it my sole mission to pump immob on him. If you have him immobed and your teammates are not sleeping, your 10+ second of root is everything you need to kill him. If the enemy tempest is playing the Firebuild... This is where the problems start... but luckily 80% of tempest run Earth/water/tempest, even when your team is having multiple condibuilds.

This build also works just as good on the midnode. As most of the damage is aoe and additionally all of your defenses scale by number (reflects,invulnv) , but i actually have the most success when i simply waste peoples time on the Sidenodes, altho especially in DuoQ i will just bunker on midnode with my buddy that is playing support guardian.

In the rare occasion that we are facing a "power-only" enemyteam i will play the earth/water/tempest support, because against a fullpower team earth-support tempest is unmatched.

Edited by Sahne.6950