Does anyone actually enjoy their Class?

JayMadIV.8721

I'm browsing the forum and just about every class forum is filled with "ANET doesn't know what their doing, *insert class* is completely useless and not worth playing now" and whatnot.

I'm not here to argue about "constructive criticism" or whatever. Ya'll can fight about that on your own

I just want to know, is there a class that is generally liked overall, and players feel like it is actually in a good, fun, effective place?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, JayMadIV.8721 said:

I'm browsing the forum and just about every class forum is filled with "ANET doesn't know what their doing, *insert class* is completely useless and not worth playing now" and whatnot.

I'm not here to argue about "constructive criticism" or whatever. Ya'll can fight about that on your own

I just want to know, is there a class that is generally liked overall, and players feel like it is actually in a good, fun, effective place?

Such a thing does not exist. Even with Guardian, which is arguable one of the 2 best overall professions, they ended up bickering over the scepter aa chain noise of all things.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I like the class or better build I play as otherwise I wouldn't be playing it. But your:

13 minutes ago, JayMadIV.8721 said:

Is a completely different set of questions as it asks for "public opinion" on a multitude of subjects at once to which the answer is: no.

• Thanks 1

I love Base Warrior. Alot.

Its just i wanna enjoy the class in more aspects but im lukewarm about all 3 elite specs.

I enjoy Spellbreaker but cant use it anywhere because its not good, except some niche openworld scenarios.

I dislike the Berserker Mechanic and still think it was released in HoT in an early Beta/Concept Version.

I immensely dislike Bladesworn because of i despise being rooted. Among other reasons.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I enjoy the classes I tend to play a lot (mesmer, revenant and some ele), with me finding many of the others decent fun, but not so remarkable.

One thing to note re peoples' comments, however, is that people who are just quietly getting on with playing and have a moderate opinion are less likely to post than someone who has a strong opinion esp. if they think that something needs to be changed.

Sure, there might be the occasional "OMG this is amazing" post from delighted people but, by and large, "general, but mild contentment" isn't something many people are going to feel like they need to mention.  The same will go to a degree with ambivalence or even mild discontent - the extremes tend to generate more posts.

• Like 1

I've always mained Core Warrior and always enjoyed playing it, however doing so in any form of competitive pvp (Which is my main go-to) is simply impossible, unless I put in thrice the effort for less than half the results compared to quite literally any of the other classes. Minus core Ele which has been maimed just as much by Anet.

So yes, I do enjoy playing my class. I simply do not enjoy what the game has become and haven't played for more than a few days without taking 7+ month long breaks since Path of Fire released nor have I bothered to throw money down the drain to buy EoD.

Edited by Nova.4608
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JayMadIV.8721 said:

This is too subjective.  I enjoy ranger.  Have been ranger main in pretty much every MMO I've tried that has a ranger-type class.  Been playing ranger since basic edition D&D.  Is it in a good place?  The ranger sub-forum would say no, probably quite vehemently.  But I enjoy it for the content that I engage with.

8 hours ago, JayMadIV.8721 said:

The shorthort answer is No. 

The long answer is people like myself who do enjoy let's say Mesmer and any changes made to it get a reputation for defending Arena Net and then get called names untill we leave the forums.

Stick to the concensus that Arena Net doesn't care about game balance and my once OP class is ruined. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, just tell them my warrior brother.

Oh, you wish to know if the glory of the warrior? Then let Warrior share with you just how great Warrior is. You see, Warrior stands on the battlefield baring all. Warrior relies not on the foolish crutches that the weaker kin build for themselves so they may attempt to reach towards the heights warrior obtains from Warrior’s mere existence. No. Warrior has no need of foolish illusions or underhanded invisibility. Warrior lives in a place beyond the Mists and virtues. The death dare not cross warrior, and Magic is but a fiction before warriors strength. Forsake your inventions, take your mouth off the teet of the bosom of Mother Nature and wander out past the fire, into the land that Warrior inhabits. A land that is shrouded from the gaze of fate and lies beyond the grasp of destiny. So, my brothers in war, remember that we are the ones who stand above all others. We break the chains of fortune and forge our own path. We are the one who is served by the gods and carried to battle by the dragons of yore. 

And so when warrior crests over the hill, and gazed down upon the battlefield, the sun shining off of warriors bronzed skin, it is known by all who gaze upon Warrior, that this is what the pinancle looks like. And so, the armies that have gathered in opposition to Warrior are stricken with fear and cowardice, for they know they have crossed a force that is forever beyond the reach of their swords. And as warrior positions warrior’s self in a deep horse stance, legs bulging as they grow to their full size, the armies begin to flee the wrath which they have incurred upon themselves. From this position, warrior launches into the air, like a ray of light escaping the sun, and descends upon the mass of bodies fleeing in desperation. 

And so it is written in the The Book of the Warrior’s Pride; “the field hath been laden with the blood of the insolent. The crimson valley the repentant symbol of the gyltan. When the lesser rise up in opposition of the greater, the greater must lay low the lesser. Hear unto me, thine is the path of the greater, and all who come into being shall be made the lesser”. Thus the warrior stands above all others, as it has been written, and how it shall be. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Yea, I love Revenant.  The state of the class before the June 28th patch was a bit better, but it's still a class I love. 

That being said I've been playing Warrior more lately mostly because it's the class of a character I'm playing a lot with someone else and I'm also really enjoying that class.  Now that I've gotten the rotation down for Bladesworn in PvE, it's become pretty enjoyable and a unique feel.  Condi zerk is solid too and the last patch made it easy to give 100% quick to a group on that build, which has been particularly good in Fractals. 

In WvW, it feels a bit weaker than celestial Revenant builds, but I like the old standard Tether Spellbreaker build well enough.  Tanky spellbreaker builds are particularly enjoyable in large scale fights though.  It's nice to feel like an invincible wrecking ball.

Yes. Several actually. When the game first came out, i created a Mesmer (most unique and intriguing design for me at the time), as well as an Engineer and a Guardian. I pretty much rotated through them and they have about the same game time and world completion with the Mesmer slighty more.

After the Lion's arch attack i had huge problems with loading the game up and in addition to real life i then stopped playing for a while.

When i returned there was HOT and POF. I had quite some catching up to do and then also leveled a Thief, Necro, and Rev. 

Shortly before EOD I then leveled a Ranger, Warrior, and Elementalist. 

Since then I have unlocked all Elite specs and played with them all. 

Which ones do i enjoy?

Mesmer: Virtuoso, Core, Mirage, Chrono 

Engineer: Mech, Holo, Scrapper, i would have to revisit core but they would need to rework kits and skills/traits a bit 

Guardian: Willbender, Core (I played firebrand quite a bit but am firebranded out, Dragon hunter never really worked for me)

Thief: Daredevil, (Deadeye I want to like but you either use pistols to spam or the rifle with all the utilities but then your a bit immobile, Specter i do not like)

Necro: Scourge, Harbinger 

Revenant: Renegade, Vindicator

Warrior: Bladesworn, Spellbreaker, Berserker (let's see how much those Aug 23 changes do to get at least the weapon attacks of SpB and Bsk up to par with BLS. Also, Spellbreaker is great fun solo but as soon as you have a group or fighting a boss full counter loses effectiveness and use).

Elementalist: Tempest, Catalyst, Weaver (Elementalist as with Mesmer is a nice complex playstyle that is rewarding when in the mood).

Ranger: Untamed, Soulbeast (don't like Druid although I must probably give it another go and see how useful it is with all this support/healing focus).

So, yes. I enjoy quite a few classes and specs. I hope that Anet does not remove the uniqueness of each class with this current drive to make every class do the dame, provide the same boons, have the same type of utilities etc. It is nice to switch and see different playstyles. 

17 hours ago, JayMadIV.8721 said:

I've always enjoyed playing elementalist / tempest, the gameplay of the class is very fun to me. It does put a bit of a damper on the enjoyment to read about how its bad in dps or doesn't bring as much support when compared to the 'meta favored' classes, but that doesn't really change the feel of the class. It just makes me more hesitant about trying instanced group content for fear of being deadweight or unwanted.

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Such a thing does not exist. Even with Guardian, which is arguable one of the 2 best overall professions, they ended up bickering over the scepter aa chain noise of all things.

With the exception of FB, guardian is performing poorly in PvE currently. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

For my main (ranger) yes I do. Right now it offers a lot of build variety in PvE (thanks to the recent changes to spirits and weapons) and even in PvP a lot of builds have some good performance. Only druid would need some rework to become a true healer in PvP.

In PvE I also enjoy playing with ele and reaper (more than any other necro specs) but some of the incoming buffs will be welcome.

In pvp I have switched professions every season for the past 2 years and enjoyed the “weak” (varies with meta and patches) builds so I am probably not the standard opinion  (I went with condi herald this season).

Edited by aymnad.9023