enough is enough

1. you would be right, if it would have been a mistake, but it wasnt! it was a beta test, so i have tested by purpose, what happens to people without a guild. i never thought, that the consequences were so bad for these people! i was also surprised, that the rules to form populations were missing essential parameters. this should be a good reason for critigue on devs, right?!

2. i cant provide a proof now, because i didnt make a backup of my second posting. it should be clear, that i wasnt still in "venting mood" as you like to call it, after one week of beta running and a few days of not playing wvw, right 😉? ... so, there can be only one reason for such a redefining, banning and deleting (=censorship).

3. "Discussion of moderation is not allowed." - dont you think, this is a welcomed carte blanche for any measures? and do you really seriously belief, that any customer service worker has the authority to take action or to discuss the topic with a moderator? i even think, that the customer service does not have the time or channel to do so!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, nafeesh al dija.8972 said:

1. you would be right, if it would have been a mistake, but it wasnt! it was a beta test, so i have tested by purpose, what happens to people without a guild. i never thought, that the consequences were so bad for these people! i was also surprised, that the rules to form populations were missing essential parameters. this should be a good reason for critigue on devs, right?!

This was not made clear in your opening post. Again you might want to be more clear on what you are trying to communicate and how you do that.

Granted, you were likely in an emotional state.

2. i cant provide a proof now, because i didnt make a backup of my second posting. it should be clear, that i wasnt still in "venting mood" as you like to call it, after one week of beta running and a few days of not playing wvw, right 😉? ... so, there can be only one reason for such a redefining, banning and deleting (=censorship).

It makes no difference. Again, it is on YOU to make sure your post can not be misinterpreted.

There seems to be a theme here where you are trying to shift responsibilities.

You did not select a dedicated WvW guild (for what ever reason you might have done so). You made your opening post. You made subsequent posts. You are in charge of how they are worded and that they are in accordance with forum rules. You've been in charge of every step of your experience this far both in game as well as on the forums.

3. "Discussion of moderation is not allowed." - dont you think, this is a welcomed carte blanche for any measures? and do you really seriously belief, that any customer service worker has the authority to take action or to discuss the topic with a moderator? i even think, that the customer service does not have the time or channel to do so!

What I think is irrelevant. Those guidelines are in place and you can take them or risk sanctions. This is not a democracy here. Anets house, their rules.

What I think personally? I think someone had a bad experience for a limited amount of time. Decided to vent and now can't let it go while not wanting to accept some of the responsibility lies with their own actions.  That's how this thread comes across. That's just me though. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

concerning 1:

i was in an emotional mode at this point, so i stopped myself from writing too much, which might cause bad feelings or a misunderstanding/ misinterpretation.

concerning 2:

the explaining words were missing in my first posting - but were following with my second. this follow up posting was very clearly formulated as well as my third also deleted posting. only somebody with a special aim or order would redefine it to get a reason for banning and deleting.

concerning 3:

i know this now, but i feel free to question it here and it is a welcomed point to discuss in social media. thanks. it might also be helpful to know these processes for other gamers here too - to shift problematic questions to other social media plattforms, if people fear consequences.

Edit:

your added/ eddited last passage shows, that it might be really necessary to shift discussions of special topics to other plattforms - because you seem to like talking very eloquent, hiding your own thoughts and providing only positions inline with anet policies, like a professional ... like an anet employee would do, using an anonymous account 😉

Edited by nafeesh al dija.8972
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nafeesh al dija.8972 said:

Current system:

1. Player A wants to play with Player B and Player B wants to play with player A: Less likely

2. Player A wants to play with Player B but Player B does not want to play with Player B: More likely

New system:

3. Player A wants to play with Player B and Player B wants to play with player A: More likely

4. Player A wants to play with Player B but Player B does not want to play with Player B: Less likely

Nothing else is really important on a grander scale that makes sense to the developers.

Most concerns posted here seems to boil down to point number 2. It is players who feel entitled to play with players who do not necessarily want to play with them and create guilds with them. The whole "have to create a guild" is a minor concern that people seem to use more as a paper tiger than anything else.

Betas:

Development and betas happens in stages. You can critique a developer for how they handle betas. However, you can't really critique a developer for not including things in a beta that they have already stated will not be included in the beta. It becomes another example of where you are likely concerned about something entirely different. For example, it would be perfectly fine to critique the developer for not having progressed further in the time it has taken to actually include those things in a beta. If you put it like that you would probably have close to 100% of the players here agree with you. It isn't splitting hairs: It is actually quite important to distinguish between what is in this beta and that we are not at a later beta after this much time. Words can be hard (english isn't my native language either) but they can be very important for making people understand, agree or disagree with you.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Thanks 2

@OP

I can empathize with what you're going through on trying to find proof.

It's difficult if not impossible to provide any proof because you need to post your critical insight & then wait for time to prove your hypothesis right.

Here's a thread (posted 8/27/2022) that attempts to do that & now I'm waiting for 5 years to elapse.

Read through all the links to get a sense of how deep & detailed it documents what I thought were true, but lacked proof at the time I wrote the article.

Don't forget to click the [ Exapand ] arrow at the top to see an older post (posted 8/20/2020) which provides the "proof" you're looking for. . . imho

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/79749-world-linking-7312020/page/4/#comment-1742658

Currently I only have 452 posts as of this post.  I'll try to not to spam this newer forum community since joining over 5 years ago on September 19, 2017.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Confused 1

Pairing different language servers was a bad idea to begin with. I'm glad that I'm paired with an English server again.

My opinion: Put the WvW alliance system live and polish it as it is being played. AreanNet has proven times again that they are able to put beta-quality updates live and fix it as issues are reported. Examples are the DX11 renderer and some of the expansion releases that had game breaking issues that were fixed quickly.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Pairing different language servers was a bad idea to begin with. I'm glad that I'm paired with an English server again.

My opinion: Put the WvW alliance system live and polish it as it is being played. AreanNet has proven times again that they are able to put beta-quality updates live and fix it as issues are reported. Examples are the DX11 renderer and some of the expansion releases that had game breaking issues that were fixed quickly.

Yeah but then people cry about not having enough people, not being linked, or not being able to win t1 when they're bottom of t5.

🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 8:15 AM, Malus.2184 said:

Right now guilds are just placed where they pledge. There's no language markers to them so it's pure luck if they end up in an Alliance with a language they can understand. And while there are exceptions, like dual-language guilds, they're rare.

You would think anet could make a basic chat box translators for the game based on any number of online translators. Simply have your flag USA marked and the flag you want to translate to- Brazil(you'd manually check from a drop down list). You type your message in english and the game translates it to portuguese and double stamps both your english message and the translated version. It would best work if anet groups 1-3 languages together in alliances, but map chap at any given moment might be a majority 1 language or maybe a mess, i wouldn't know. I've only seen these 2 primarily in NA.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

You would think anet could make a basic chat box translators for the game based on any number of online translators.

The difference is that such a feature would be an auto translator and while they're easy to use they're insanely complex, especially one that would hold multiple languages and translate on the fly. A program of such complexity would require a lot of space as there's a difference in application between a program where you type in stuff to get a translatation and one that translates live.

• Like 2

it would be more ez if anet starts with the promissed feature that guilds could choose wich language they want to be paired with ... a simple click like for wich guildmissions they wanna do... but as they not even startet with possibility to choose allaince guilds and every beta the befriendet guilds are somewhere else... i dont believe they are really interested how it works out for ppl in wvw... and i dont talk about some streamers and their friends sending them wishes for a hooligan mode where everything is ez no brain needed and fullblobbs can ez run over minority publics... anet pls start really listen to the average player... your "balancepatches" together with this will only kill wvw... for the brainless blobbs theres edge of mist map... if alliance goes on like this it wont be where you promissed us to go in next 10 years ... this reset you pissed of many players... ( and pls fix bugg deleting chosen guild ^^) 

On 8/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

To develop the main point of this thread, the language is totally a issue for the communication in map chat, because abbreviations and acronyms can be really differents between language/courntry communities. So the scouting can be really difficult. For example, in french, inner = P2 and outer = P1 and just that can already bring a lot of misunderstandings, and delay reactions 😞 .

What is the reason for these codes? Could you please point to an english website with these codes explained and do you know if spanish speaking players use the same codes? I remember some time ago someone wrote some (probably) spanish name (instead of pinging it) with a similar code in map chat but he/she did not respond to questions in english about it.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:42 PM, nafeesh al dija.8972 said:

was dropped in a bowl with international players,

can't chill with wvw after work and chat with my pple in my language,

i terminate beta after a few min,

do whatever you like with wvw, i dont care anymore,

(says a veteran wvw player on lvl 9000)

lvl 10000 here .. as u said, you are right

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:42 PM, nafeesh al dija.8972 said:

was dropped in a bowl with international players,

can't chill with wvw after work and chat with my pple in my language,

i terminate beta after a few min,

do whatever you like with wvw, i dont care anymore,

(says a veteran wvw player on lvl 9000)

The Great Alliance System(tm) we have all been waiting for, folks! lmao

According to the forum know-it-alls, this was supposed to generate "content". Well, it looks like the "content" is leaving lmao! Bwahaha...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

The Great Alliance System(tm) we have all been waiting for, folks! lmao

According to the forum know-it-alls, this was supposed to generate "content". Well, it looks like the "content" is leaving lmao! Bwahaha...

The content wasn't even that good. Cloud zerging and stressful. I had today in Primetime also sometimes rubberbands and ye i miss my mates and my language.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The WvW restructuring as a whole did nothing to improve the general experience for European players that don't play on international servers and I will explain to anyone whos first language isn't German, French, Italian or Spanish why that is.

I've been playing on Kodash, a server that is exclusively German, for as long as the server existed and not a single time did I run into any commander, any party, any zerg that communicated anything in any language besides German. In one aspect, Germans are like the French: they understand English and they can communicate in English, they just don't want to.

WvW has always been a safe haven for Germans in the past, because at no time ever were German-speaking servers teamed up with non-German-speaking servers, which means that German players never had any reason to learn and get used to the English names and abbreviations for anything in WvW. For example, many German players wouldn't even know what "HBL" stands for and even I just learned that after this massively catastrophic failure of a restructuring attempt went live.

I don't expect anyone outside the European megaserver or even on international European megaservers to understand this major problem, but it goes way beyond my understanding how ArenaNet, or, more speficially, Floyd Grubb not only failed to address this, but also completely ignore it in their latest official statement regarding future plans for the WvW restructuring. Instead, he talks about even more profession rebalancing attempts, which, at this point, we all know are going to be another massive failure anyway because the people in charge only play and care for guardians and engineers and nothing else and thus, should have been fired a long, long time ago.

I tried to locate the official statement in question on the English forums, but I could only find it on the German forums, so I'll link that instead. https://de-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/9168-feedback-zum-beta-event-zur-welten-umstrukturierung/#comment-59538

According to Floyd Grubb, the two biggest issues were 1) players getting assigned to the wrong team (which just can't be the case, since you have to select your team manually and if you somehow manage to screw that up, you only have yourself to blame) and 2) players getting assigned to a different team upon changing a map. Nowhere in the entire post did Floyd Grubb address the language barrier problem with a single word and I'm absolutely furious about this.

ArenaNet have been advertising WvW as one of the cornerstones of the game, a game with millions of players from all across the globe and yet, by some miracle, they somehow managed to screw up servers only ever getting teamed up with servers that focus on the same language. I could go on about this for hours, but I think I already made my point clear and why I'm not exactly expecting much from the people that screwed up with the latest expansion to the game and profession rebalancing attempts for months.

And with this, I'm out.

Edited by Calais.6348
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

49 minutes ago, Calais.6348 said:

I don't expect anyone outside the European megaserver or even on international European megaservers to understand this major problem...

It goes both ways, it will also be problem for many players who do not speak French, German or Spanish.

For example when alliances are a thing say my guild gets put on a "world" where the two alliances are German, what are we as non-German speakers meant to do outside of guild raids, it will be pointless joining Discord as it will understandably be in German, it will be even worse for solo players.

Alliances will finally kill off this game mode.

Edited by Sylosi.6503
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

On 10/17/2022 at 5:14 PM, Sylosi.6503 said:

It goes both ways, it will also be problem for many players who do not speak French, German or Spanish.

For example when alliances are a thing say my guild gets put on a "world" where the two alliances are German, what are we as non-German speakers meant to do outside of guild raids, it will be pointless joining Discord as it will understandably be in German, it will be even worse for solo players.

Alliances will finally kill off this game mode.

Yup. And as a native from a Spanish-speaking country, I'm just going to say this: que desástre! (What a disaster!)

• Confused 1

On 10/17/2022 at 10:14 PM, Sylosi.6503 said:

Finally time for us all to learn Esperanto then! 🙂 🙂

• Haha 2

On 10/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, Zok.4956 said:

What is the reason for these codes? Could you please point to an english website with these codes explained and do you know if spanish speaking players use the same codes? I remember some time ago someone wrote some (probably) spanish name (instead of pinging it) with a similar code in map chat but he/she did not respond to questions in english about it.

This is just for communication and why these specific words? I don't know the origin, just what they mean.

I assume each language have his own code (if not several). 😞