What if stealth dealt damage per second to those in it?

Loke.1429

On 8/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, Loke.1429 said:

I know you are just being salty, but if they wanted they could make it stop doing damage at 33% hp or something. Either way it was just an example. Also rather suprised how many people bother to put negative emoticons and not engage in discussion.

Welcome to the Gw2 forum, there might not be a dislike button but the confused faces does the trick. Honestly suggesting anything new is hard, you really have to post about it very often to make people seriously consider it.

I mean I was one the players who said Virtuoso was viable at Beta/EoD launch and it took them getting top Benchmarks for anyone to take me seriously and even then they claimed the selfish DPS card as to why it still bad.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 9:52 PM, Loke.1429 said:

I've been thinking about how attrocious the perfect stealth mechanic really is in this game, and how to easily balance it more reasonably. What if stealth had a built in negative condition, which made high stealth uptime punished? E.g. 350 damage per second while in stealth or something not too rediculous.

What stealth needs, is a counter, wight now its almost impossible to counter a stealth thief or mesmer, why? because they have too much of it, theres a buff that shows after stealth finishes, wich is revealed, how many builds can afford to have that skill, and how much does that buff lasts.

if a thief, with its huge stealth and movility gets revealed because i used a sill right and got to hit him, then i should be able to make use of the oportunity, but he just jumps somewere and in a blink hes steath again, i get it, its a thief, it would be dead without stealth, but revealing stealthed enemies is too dificult and not enought rewarding, thats all there is to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/15/2022 at 8:15 PM, Rogue.8235 said:

Anyways, stealth needs to be a 1-3 second window of invisibility, not longer. 

I wouldn't mind a change that removes the stacking of the stealth buff. Just make it so the newly applied stealth overrides the current stealth like the old version of superspeed. This way you can still prolong your stealth, but it will take alot more skill, effort and skills. 

That being said, stealth seems pretty balanced for pvp due to the balancing effect of capture &hold mechanics and WvW roaming has 2 more problems which are just as bad (mobility & immob stacking) that should be dealt with simultaniously.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Another branching issue is that thief relies on some form of stealth for defense and recovery. It also doesn't help that acrobatics, a traitline that was useful for in-combat defense and recovery was nerfed since Daredevil came to existence.

Which is a design flaw of the game imo. Imo the ability to get out of a fight when things get hot is the biggest bullkitten in this game. Certainly not exclusive to thieves, though they're one of the biggest profiteurs of this "playstyle". The moment some1 picks a fight (or gets drawn into one), the only possible outcome should be one (side) wins, the other loses and not "oh my, I might killified, I better run, so I can try again in 15 seconds"... 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3