What do you like the most about eod?

What do you like the most about eod?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like the most about eod?

• The new pvp mode
    • The new pvp map
    • The new runes and sigils
    • The frequent balance patches
    • The rework of traits with 300 second cooldown
    • The functioning report system

2 hours ago, Nova.4608 said:

The fact I did not buy it.

I am quite grateful for and really liked the design choices that led to that outcome, really.

Same.

Anet like: 30 of the 50 player left in a gamemode in maintenance mode didn't buy the expansion? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Where is the option for "nine more reasons for players to be fed up sPvP"?

In my opinion, sPvP should be put on a four weeks cycle: one week core-only and then one week each for core + one of the expansions' elite specializations.

And in this idea it's never only elite specializations, because free players don't have access to any of them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

How the hell is 300s rework beating functional report system?

I am disappointed in this community.

Prob cause you have to actually be enjoying the state of your given class to even queue and experience the... erm, "joy" of needing to interact with the report system for anything more nebulous than racial slurs.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 5

I love how it got me to revisit the rest of the game. Not for any particular reason, just because the content is more fun. One day I'll finish the EOD story and explore the last two zones. But I'm glad I was reminded of how masterfully the core game and hot were made. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Prob cause you have to actually be enjoying the state of your given class to even queue and experience the... erm, "joy" of needing to interact with the report system for anything more nebulous than racial slurs.

Please write in your signature the name of the account who originally made that quote.

I really really actually want to know who that was.

That's right up there with "Rev is class favored by best players".

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524

2 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Please write in your signature the name of the account who originally made that quote.

I really really actually want to know who that was.

Lmao Im 99% sure a mod will snipe me for naming and shaming but i replied to it with "I'm framing this one"

And thus-

Here it is

Immortalized until I find something better

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

Some of my favorite things about EOD that aren't in this list:

1. How Eles are now 90% immune to all projectiles.
  2. How they added way too many additional anti-projectile skills to every class.
  3. People still complaining about projectiles in the forum.
  4. Massive mobility creep that turned the game into a zerg meta, almost entirely eliminating classic job roles and replacing them with "Supports" and "Guys that deal damage".
  5. How Dragon Trigger #2 hits half the pvp map when used and ignores all physics in the game.
  6. That moment when Arenanet's design team forgot the idea around general class balancing and granted God Tier buffing to Shadow Arts and Thief's ability to spam even more blind.
  7. But the best part about where we are in EOD is how botched Glicko has become over the years with lower and lower population, along with how there is absolutely no moderation vs. obvious win trading or throwing of any kind. Sometimes the cheating is so obvious that it doesn't even feel like you're in a pvp match, it feels like you're watching a larping session.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I just love the general stagnation after release more than anything. 

So much time to sit on my skiff and play my ping pong fishing mini game, in between tracking down vendors for lures and specific bait of course. 

At least I have my 1600 gem Jade bot skin to keep me company when I request a waypoint. 

18 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Where is the option for "nine more reasons for players to be fed up sPvP"?

In my opinion, sPvP should be put on a four weeks cycle: one week core-only and then one week each for core + one of the expansions' elite specializations.

And in this idea it's never only elite specializations, because free players don't have access to any of them.

It is week 4: i can not play pvp currently, cuz i dont have EoD... what a shame.... but atleast we have this one week where everyone is playing core guard and core necro....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

It is week 4: i can not play pvp currently, cuz i dont have EoD... what a shame.... but atleast we have this one week where everyone is playing core guard and core necro....

You can play core in week 4.

Edited by Fueki.4753