Alliances are an improvement

Riba.3271

Honestly alliances are fun: lot of action and everyone gets kills since people can't stack empty servers and leave some servers underpopulated. Alliances also allow guilds splintered across servers to group up in WvW together without large investment.

Somehow our beta linking doesn't have any other voice commanders though? Am I really forced to socialize and recruit some? 😱

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

I was able to give it a proper try, for the first time, last night during the Beta.  And yeah, it was pretty neat.  I actually got into the map I chose early enough that I was in a short queue (which took long enough, but wasn't hours long).

I'm hoping to get a little bit better results tonight, though, since a few more of my guildies weren't able to get as lucky as I was and had to wait in long queue's last night.  That way I won't have to stick to running with the zerg blob all night.

I'm just glad that my teams name isn't something lame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I'm stuck for the week with an alliance conformed of literal noobs fighting MAG's cloud and another Alliance with another cloud...

An alliance is just a collection of guilds up to the same max size as a single guild. There are no alliances in this beta test. You can essentially make a fake alliance by putting a number of friendly guilds into a holding guild for this beta. If you joined such a guild that is just a bunch of literal noobs you made that choice and if you joined no guild you also made that choice. Not to drag you down or anything, I'm just trying to help you navigate the system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, subversiontwo.7501 said:

An alliance is just a collection of guilds up to the same max size as a single guild. There are no alliances in this beta test. You can essentially make a fake alliance by putting a number of friendly guilds into a holding guild for this beta. If you joined such a guild that is just a bunch of literal noobs you made that choice and if you joined no guild you also made that choice. Not to drag you down or anything, I'm just trying to help you navigate the system.

I don't have a guild and if being in  guild means fighting a bunch of literal noobs then why bother. I want real fights, not a blob rolfstomping noobs with 0 resist. No matter what side I end being, both options suck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Just now, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I don't have a guild and if being in  guild means fighting a bunch of literal noobs then why bother. I want real fights, not a blob rolfstomping noobs with 0 resist. No matter what side I end being, both options suck.

Well, if you're in a guild (or squad) and you choose not to fight other guilds (or squads), well, that's you making yet another choice.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I'm stuck for the week with an alliance conformed of literal noobs fighting MAG's cloud and another Alliance with another cloud...

So... all the people who refuse to put the basic effort in to organize get tossed onto the same team??? 

If true that would be Magnificent. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, enkidu.5937 said:

And why and for how long whould those randoms and new players let them get farmed by private alliance choo-choo-baggy-trains ?

Ransoms and new players will be mixed in with worlds that alliances are a part of.  Find a guild in one of those alliances that they like, and join.

Or don’t, get a continually random experience which you either like or dislike.  It becomes up to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Ransoms and new players will be mixed in with worlds that alliances are a part of.  Find a guild in one of those alliances that they like, and join.

Or don’t, get a continually random experience which you either like or dislike.  It becomes up to you.

ofc, and imo most of them will quit soon after alliances are (theoretically) released

its such a bad idea from the Devs to force the people now to either join a player-controlled guild or get farmed by those 😗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, enkidu.5937 said:

ofc, and imo most of them will quit soon after alliances are (theoretically) released

its such a bad idea from the Devs to force the people now to either join a player-controlled guild or get farmed by those 😗

It doesn’t….  

I believe that you don’t understand what works restructuring  does.  

It forms new worlds.  Approximately 40% of a world will be alliances.  The remainder will be solo guilds and individual players.  It’s not going to be 12 worlds of JUST alliances, farming 12 other worlds of just randoms

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

And based on all the confused reactions our posts are getting, making an effort doesn't sit well with a lot of players responding to this thread. 😉😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

And based on all the confused reactions our posts are getting, making an effort doesn't sit well with a lot of players responding to this thread. 😉😇

🤷

There are vocal opponents.  Unfortunately some of those people don’t want to actually read the original nor follow up threads to actually understand it.  My initial reaction was opposition.  Asking questions and understanding it made a difference.

Of course, until it’s ACTUALLY realeased, we won’t really know the details but…

I think there are a lot of players that live having access to PUG commanders that they know, and can join randomly, but don’t want to worry about what goes into it.  

I think we will actually see more commanders coming back.  Not a ton, but more.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

At least for casuals it will remove some incentive/motivation to play: The "server". You always might end up getting mached with totally random players not ... not knowing anyone anymore. With the link ... at least you had the people from "your" server. Though linking already made it a bit worse than back then at release where we still hat single servers only.

So for me personally it won't rise ot the level of PvP - will still stay 3rd in the ranking of game modes. Not really a step in the right direction. The game mode itself needs improvements and it feels like they are trying to just not do them ... feeding the players only with that alliance beta trying to sell it as something big.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

At least for casuals it will remove some incentive/motivation to play: The "server". You always might end up getting mached with totally random players not ... not knowing anyone anymore. With the link ... at least you had the people from "your" server. Though linking already made it a bit worse than back then at release where we still hat single servers only.

So for me personally it won't rise ot the level of PvP - will still stay 3rd in the ranking of game modes. Not really a step in the right direction. The game mode itself needs improvements and it feels like they are trying to just not do them ... feeding the players only with that alliance beta trying to sell it as something big.

Honestly, you aren’t the target audience.

The mode has survived because of a large population of dedicated players.  

If you are concerned about playing with people you know, most of the servers have created ‘community’ guilds that you could join.  If opening and using a guild slot for something like that for you, isn’t something that you are willing to do, then it isn’t that important to you.   And that’s ok.  

But people who like to play with certain players will have that opportunity if they want it.  And new players can be recruited to those groups if they end up liking it.  Currently, you can’t recruit into many worlds because they are full, unless you move frequently.  That won’t be an issue going forward.  

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

And, I know you know this, (🙂) they aren’t confused.  They just don’t like it.  😉

Oh look you two couldn't handle the truth so now you confuse emote me. Just waiting for you to, "it wasn't me". Confuse this comment too if you are weak. See what I did there? I so clever.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7

43 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

Oh look you two couldn't handle the truth so now you confuse emote me. Just waiting for you to, "it wasn't me". Confuse this comment too if you are weak. See what I did there? I so clever.

Lol.  I’ve gotten 5 on the one above you Justine. I haven’t given a reaction in this thread yet.  🙂. I don’t stress over it.  

And now I am farming them!!  🤣

Edited by Strider Pj.2193
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

As a person who's been camping the same server for 10 years it saddens me to see the community getting ripped apart. That being said, wvw has been losing players for years now and a lack of wvw seasons & serverswapping guilds already tore apart most communities in the server. 

I still feel like moving to the Alliance system is a step in the right direction. Wvw being serverspecific in a game that has abolished the server system doesn't make sense. I Just hope this update will draw PvE/PvP guilds to wvw since they're finally able to group up now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1