Staff & Axe Nerfs

LKEY.9567

On 8/25/2022 at 3:10 PM, Axl.8924 said:

QUestion to mesmer mains where exactly is mirage DPS atm on condi? i'm asking because i'm kinda despairing a little. I hate it when anet murders elite specs and designs so you have to play the newest spec.

It's high but it's probably the most complex rotation in-game due to Ambush-Clone management, bugs and overall flow. It has high dps and it's probably near top but if you are not good player, you won't go nowhere near it's capability. 

10 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Another consideration with mirage is that it has Jaunt as part of the standard build. While normally that's a 'press for more confusion' button, there are times when having a teleport with charges can be a big help with mechanics.

Not sure what you mean tbh. You mean some times you need to hold it to use for mechanics like in pvp/wvw how u need to save for inadequate escape (2 use short distance = doh haha). I think when speaking about Jaunt its always good to remind everyone that Mesmer really has no other elite Mirage could even make use of outside perhaps Moa which just generally is poor compared to other elites across the game which is why Mesmers just use each specs leet. Basically Timewarp got downgraded to useless and was never redone.

On 8/28/2022 at 2:48 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Another consideration with mirage is that it has Jaunt as part of the standard build. While normally that's a 'press for more confusion' button, there are times when having a teleport with charges can be a big help with mechanics.

I do not think this should be counted against mirage’s dps, but yes, if you know what you are doing, you should be able to avoid much of the income damage through evades and jaunt. It is one of the beauties of mirage. However, if you go unga bunga that will not work.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 3:17 AM, Moradorin.6217 said:

Not sure what you mean tbh. You mean some times you need to hold it to use for mechanics like in pvp/wvw how u need to save for inadequate escape (2 use short distance = doh haha). I think when speaking about Jaunt its always good to remind everyone that Mesmer really has no other elite Mirage could even make use of outside perhaps Moa which just generally is poor compared to other elites across the game which is why Mesmers just use each specs leet. Basically Timewarp got downgraded to useless and was never redone.

Yeah, it's short range, but sometimes it's enough, and sometimes it makes mechanics that hinder your regular mobility a lot easier to deal with. For instance, if you have the green on Dhuum that coincides with the suck? Jaunt to your soul and then to the green, easy peazy. But at times when you don't need it for that, just jaunt onto the boss for a little extra damage.

On 8/30/2022 at 7:28 AM, otto.5684 said:

I do not think this should be counted against mirage’s dps, but yes, if you know what you are doing, you should be able to avoid much of the income damage through evades and jaunt. It is one of the beauties of mirage. However, if you go unga bunga that will not work.

Oh, I don't think it should either. It's more of an interesting feature to have that's occasionally useful for specific mechanics.