Probably noob question but...

Yogurt Goblin.5934

5 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

There is a world restructuring beta ongoing right now, which places players into new teams for the duration.

If you are not talking about this week in particulat, then your world is most likely linked to another world and in most instances only the "host" world's name is displayed. The scoreboard still displays both names.

So last week I was on my home server all fine, but today it has changed to another one, and from what I can tell my world isn't linked to the one I am currently on.

5 minutes ago, floppypuppy.5789 said:

Why shouldn't it be?  Servers are just technological load balancing.

When its competition you need the idea of a team.

because I've never seen this before and what it the point in home servers in the first place if they can can just move you about without you knowing?

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

So last week I was on my home server all fine, but today it has changed to another one, and from what I can tell my world isn't linked to the one I am currently on.

because I've never seen this before and what it the point in home servers in the first place if they can can just move you about without you knowing?

As UmbraNoctis explained above, there is a beta going on this week for WvW where everyone has been placed on a new "server" aka shard. If you were a member of a guild, you had the opportunity to select that guild for the beta, but otherwise EVERYONE for this week is on a new "server".  Don't worry though, it's only a week. You'll be returned to your original server for next Friday's reset.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-world-restructuring-beta-4-begins-on-august-12/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1