Remove Ranked

xblankk.4207

Remove Ranked  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Ranked

• Yis
    • Nah

39 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

So basically if you don't enjoy the idea of competitive sPvP, nobody should be able to?

We've never had a competitive sPvP option to begin with. That's why there aren't any competitive players here. The fact that casual-drawing freebie rewards only exist in Ranked is comical proof of which, and while its easy enough to agree with those rewards being more accessible from different modes, in no way does that justify losing Ranked.

That in itself would be a massive gate for competitive players, leaving their only remaining option as ATs.

very #relatable

I think you misunderstood my post, or you didn't read the post this was a reply to. I didn't say to remove leagues and divisions, but to merge ranked/unranked and make the competitive ladder available to all players and across all maps/modes by default (except custom arena, of course).

Having an unranked mode splits the population for no reason.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

27 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I think you misunderstood my post, or you didn't read the post this was a reply to. I didn't say to remove leagues and divisions, but to merge ranked/unranked and make the competitive ladder available to all players and across all maps/modes by default (except custom arena, of course).

It just doesn't make a lick of sense to me regardless, and it still seems like a deletion. Of the casual playerbase, if not the competitive one.

And if competitive players make up "1% of ~500 people" then why would you make 100% of 500 people play that way?

27 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Having an unranked mode splits the population for no reason.

Its not for no reason and it hardly if at all affects the population.

Its to give the other 99% an outlet for chiller, casual games that can be played in bigger parties. There's nothing stopping the 1% of Ranked Enjoyers from playing both either, once the rewards are made inclusive for all gamemodes that is.

That's where the real population divide is. In the rewards. Pips are a casual reward that only exist in the competitive mode, which sucks for both casual and competitive players because it forces them to play the opposite of how they would like to if they want virtual shillings for their efforts.

And I say all of this ignoring the other glaring issues that would come with merging the arena's.

Have you: Ever gotten into a Ranked game versus two of the very top-rated players in a DuoQ while your team is full of random SoloQs?

Imagine that, but with 5 of the very top-rated players versus a bunch of random SoloQs. Fun and fair for sure 🙃

• Thanks 3