Elite spec idea: "vampyr"

Zekent.3652

A spec based in a "vampire"

Role: Support, Hybrid, Offensive offtank.
Skills: Bloody Wells.
Weapon: Offhand focus.
Adrenaline: becomes a bursty bloody effect, life steals on hit and gives barrier per blood bar consumed.
New F2: Explodes you generated barrier or heals you and your allies.

It's an elite spec that covers warrior lacking parts, mid range, pulls, support, hybrid and teleports. Like, warrior right now is the class that looses a lot of potential if you choose to be hybrid, far more than the other classes, and they just give a better use to stats like celestial.

Explaining: 

1: Traits:
1.1: the first line (1 1 1) should be focused in the offensive facet.
1.2: the mid line (2 2 2) should be focused in the support part, like cleanses, stab and alac after a well use, etc.
1.3: the bottom line (3 3 3) should be focused in the tanky or extra/variant part, for "situational" momments.
1.4: minnor traits: bleeding generates barrier to you and nearby targets and does more damage, all of your attacks generates bleeding, for each 5 stacks of bleeding on your target you get extra stackable damage on them (power and condi with a limit).

2: Skills:
2.1: life steal damaging well that makes pulsating bleeding, chills foes.
2.2: stunbreak, barrier and stab to allies, dazes and damages foes.
2.3: teleport, chains foes and cleanses conditions, can be used twice if you teleported to a target, foe or ally.
2.4: corrupt enemies boons, turns allies condis into boons, super speed.
2.5 (Heal): AoE lifesteal + barrier that turns into regen once ends, heals allies.
2.6 (Elite): Covers you and your allies in blood, giving them a barrier and instant heal, you can wait for their barrier turning into HP or explode the barrier and deal big AoE damage, even if your F2 is on CD.

3: Weapon skills: here's my favorite part, this is the part that makes this spec staying with the warrior essence, masters of weapon.

3.1: Your focus adapts your weapons and can be turned into an special offhand weapon of your choice (with bloody edgy effect).
3.2: adapting your weapons (mainhand and 2handed only): it turns your moving skills into teleports (with bloody edgy effects), your CCs into pulls (also soft CCs like axe 3 or gs 4), your blocks absorbs a part of the received damage into HP.
3.3: special offhand weapons:
-As sword: sword 4 pulls, sword 5 blocks and does AoE dmg on activation.
-As mace: mace 4 deals good fast damage with a pull, mace 5 becomes unblockable and teleports to the target after the projectile hits or reaches the spot.
-As shield: shield 4 becomes a teleport with marker, pulls on landing, shield 5 generates pulsating barrier to your nearby allies the more you still in the blocking stance.
-As warhorn: wh 4 taunts while still does its original effect, wh 5 heals allies while still doing its original effect.
-As axe: 4 pulls in a cone area, axe 5 cleanses condis to nearby foes.

I was thinking about another toolkit focused weapon spec with hybrid damage, 2 handed axe, but i'm not sure how could you fit a support role with a 2handed axe and probably no core weapon swap, getting away from the warrior essence by loosing core weapons combos, that doesn't sounds too "master of weapons" lmao.

And that's it, it could be better for sure, it's ofc open for feedback.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Confused 5

TLDR: This spec uses wells and barriers into offensive or support way, depends on you, also improves the warrior lack of actual GOOD teleports, improves/changes weapons to stay in the warrior's essence, not like bladesworn, loosing their weapons combos in exchange for a questionable clunky toolkit for competitive gamemodes.

• Confused 2

On 8/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Good feeback 👍

Here is some more detailed feedback:

Thematic

A vampire based elite spec is just too much necromancer to really work as a warrior elite spec. The whole blood thematic and all, fine, but avoid calling it outright vampyr, that's a necromancer thing. Like how Harbinger took the alchemy theme from engineer, yet they didn't call it "Alchemist", but Harbinger instead and made it have a very strong necromancer flavour still.

Gameplay and Kit

First things I noticed: your proposed skills are extremely overloaded.

For example, one single well you propose has: AoE stunbreak, barrier, stability + damages and dazes foes. That is quite alot of stuff to put on one single ability, don't you think? I would forego the offensive uses (damage and daze to foes) and just keep the supportive aspects (AoE stunbreak, barrier, stability) and it would STILL be an extremely powerful tool.

Focus also seems to be made overly complex for no real reason. You give an offhand weapon to warrior, yet you make it have different skills you can choose from, giving warrior access to a total of 10 new weapon skills. That's also kinda ridiculous. It also doesn't fix one of the major problems warrior has when it comes to support builds: a support focused mainhand.

Warrior already has warhorn for supportive offhands. It would make more sense to give warrior another weapon like staff or shortbow, which can provide them with a complete weapon kit for supportive gameplay, including mainhand skills (auto attacks and skills 2/3).

Also too much heal and barrier crammed into the skills in general. Either the amounts of these heals and barriers will be ridiculously tiny (which I doubt is your intent), or this spec will be extremely busted.

Facit

Some interesting ideas for a support warrior elite spec, but this suggestion needs tons of work and polish.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2

I think something like Reaver from Dragon Age would be more appropriate. I think they're both thematically similar but Reaver is more archetypically friendly. There could a way to make it work for warrior. In Warhammer, Khorne the blood god, is the chaos god of wrath, violence, murder, war, battle and blood.

You may be on the right track. They could revitalize the arms trait line much like so many people want in order to synergize arms with a new blood espec.

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I think something like Reaver from Dragon Age would be more appropriate. I think they're both thematically similar but Reaver is more archetypically friendly. There could a way to make it work for warrior. In Warhammer, Khorne the blood god, is the chaos god of wrath, violence, murder, war, battle and blood.

You may be on the right track. They could revitalize the arms trait line much like so many people want in order to synergize arms with a new blood espec.

Using another game's lore as a means of building around this game's classes doesn't make much sense, eh? This game already has a bunch of established lore and settings, no need to bring other games into it.

As for feedback, I agree with Kodama in regards to being poorly themed and overloaded on skills. Also, wells don't really seem like a good concept on warriors, considering we already have to deal with Banners and shouts. I'd like to see those fixed up and worked around before conceptualizing a new elite spec around support. I don't really think it's worth-while to post other concepts in a thread that's already trying to propose one, as it just creates a jumbled mess of recommendations.

Though I do agree with the concept of Warrior needing a support elite specialization, that much I'm absolutely certain of, and I don't think you're entirely off-key with the idea of a barrier healer. We don't need another support off-hand weapon though, Warhorn already fills that role, and we have a lack of 1 2 and 3 as support skills, so introducing a scepter, staff, or even main-hand pistol as options for supporting would certainly benefit the class more directly.

3 minutes ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

Using another game's lore as a means of building around this game's classes doesn't make much sense, eh?

This is wrong. Guild Wars is in the fantasy genre of games and in the fantasy genre of games there are classes, professions, vocations, etc. that follow archetypes. Established lore doesn't mean there can't be more added especially when it's all under the same umbrella of fantasy.

Rigidity can come in handy when upholding viewpoints but sometimes it's okay to become more lax and open to other takes.

8 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Here is some more detailed feedback:

Thematic

A vampire based elite spec is just too much necromancer to really work as a warrior elite spec. The whole blood thematic and all, fine, but avoid calling it outright vampyr, that's a necromancer thing. Like how Harbinger took the alchemy theme from engineer, yet they didn't call it "Alchemist", but Harbinger instead and made it have a very strong necromancer flavour still.

Gameplay and Kit

First things I noticed: your proposed skills are extremely overloaded.

For example, one single well you propose has: AoE stunbreak, barrier, stability + damages and dazes foes. That is quite alot of stuff to put on one single ability, don't you think? I would forego the offensive uses (damage and daze to foes) and just keep the supportive aspects (AoE stunbreak, barrier, stability) and it would STILL be an extremely powerful tool.

Focus also seems to be made overly complex for no real reason. You give an offhand weapon to warrior, yet you make it have different skills you can choose from, giving warrior access to a total of 10 new weapon skills. That's also kinda ridiculous. It also doesn't fix one of the major problems warrior has when it comes to support builds: a support focused mainhand.

Warrior already has warhorn for supportive offhands. It would make more sense to give warrior another weapon like staff or shortbow, which can provide them with a complete weapon kit for supportive gameplay, including mainhand skills (auto attacks and skills 2/3).

Also too much heal and barrier crammed into the skills in general. Either the amounts of these heals and barriers will be ridiculously tiny (which I doubt is your intent), or this spec will be extremely busted.

Facit

Some interesting ideas for a support warrior elite spec, but this suggestion needs tons of work and polish.

This is some good feedback right there.

And yeah, the more i was writting, the more i was saying "this is like too necro, a warrior necro, lets change it a bit".

I was about to put boonstrip on this, but then that could just be another nail in Spellbreaker's coffin LOL.

1 hour ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

This is wrong. Guild Wars is in the fantasy genre of games and in the fantasy genre of games there are classes, professions, vocations, etc. that follow archetypes. Established lore doesn't mean there can't be more added especially when it's all under the same umbrella of fantasy.

Rigidity can come in handy when upholding viewpoints but sometimes it's okay to become more lax and open to other takes.

I'm not saying you can't build on what we have, I'm saying that using Khorne as a guideline for building Warrior up in this game is a bit silly when we have things in this world we could use to build a theme. If you want a blood-sport themed Warrior, then you just need to look into having something possibly Abbadon themed, a new faction built up around blood magicks, or a jungle-themed barbarian style of class. Unfortunately, as was stated in Kodama's post, this theme better suits a Necromancer, especially considering they already have a lot of leeching and bleeding options, and on top of that, using wells to build barrier on Warrior would just turn this into another Spectre, but the wells are red instead of sandy yellow.

1 hour ago, Kalthea.4326 said:

I'm not saying you can't build on what we have, I'm saying that using Khorne as a guideline for building Warrior up in this game is a bit silly when we have things in this world we could use to build a theme. If you want a blood-sport themed Warrior, then you just need to look into having something possibly Abbadon themed, a new faction built up around blood magicks, or a jungle-themed barbarian style of class. Unfortunately, as was stated in Kodama's post, this theme better suits a Necromancer, especially considering they already have a lot of leeching and bleeding options, and on top of that, using wells to build barrier on Warrior would just turn this into another Spectre, but the wells are red instead of sandy yellow.

I'm not defending the OP's "vampyr", I'm saying its a good direction thematically as it has been implemented before in other fantasy games.

And let's get one thing straight. The once "non-magical" class was given burning damage and magic wind. There is nothing off the table now. I quit the game for two years after hearing a game dev say about berserker, "warrior gets so angry that he manifests fire".

Everything is up for grabs at this point as long as the genre doesn't change too drastically.

23 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I'm not defending the OP's "vampyr", I'm saying its a good direction thematically as it has been implemented before in other fantasy games.

And let's get one thing straight. The once "non-magical" class was given burning damage and magic wind. There is nothing off the table now. I quit the game for two years after hearing a game dev say about berserker, "warrior gets so angry that he manifests fire".

Everything is up for grabs at this point as long as the genre doesn't change too drastically.

I've personally always considered warrior to be a magick class. There's no chance it isn't, when you consider rampage, shout healing, banner boons, and yeah, berserker, especially spellbreaker, and bladesworn teleporting. I've just considered warrior to be the practice of using magick to enhance yourself instead of projecting powers outward.