no sound out of Bluetooth speaker

I'm using a Bose sound bar Bluetooth to my pc; there's sound when using YouTube and such but not when playing gw2; there's sound out of my headphones also if I change the sound settings within gw2.

funny thing, if I had YouTube running in the background and played gw2, there's game sound from the Bluetooth speaker, If I pause YouTube then the game sound also stops; If I mute YouTube but keep the video running then there's still game sound.

I've unpaired the speaker and paired it again, no joy. I've even gone back to a restore point thinking I might have installed dodgy drivers, no joy.

Anyone got any idea what else I could try to get the sound back?

I've found that the "audio device" option (under "Sound Options") sometimes toggles back to the system's default, particularly if you plug in/turn on a speaker after booting GW2 up. It's worth looking in the sound option and just re-selecting the audio out you want. Sometimes selecting another output option, then back to "Default Device" can resolve the issue. Good luck~

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Demonhead.7584 said:

I've found that the "audio device" option (under "Sound Options") sometimes toggles back to the system's default, particularly if you plug in/turn on a speaker after booting GW2 up. It's worth looking in the sound option and just re-selecting the audio out you want. Sometimes selecting another output option, then back to "Default Device" can resolve the issue. Good luck~

I've tried default, trying different devices, If I chose headphones I hear sound out of the headphones, change it back and no sound.