Suggestion for ArenaNet - Add a sixth guild slot or Alliances only Guild Slot.

Suggestion for ArenaNet:
Make a 6th guild slot available that is for alliances. The problem I had with World Restructuring Beta is that all of my guild slots are full, and unexpectedly I was asked to join a guild alliance that my regular WvW guild and Friendly Guilds on our server had made in order to make sure we were all able to play together. Since I no longer had that option, I had selected my main WvW guild in the restructuring list of guild selections. Initially on the first night, it looked like I would get in with everyone else, and then got changed to a different team about 10 minutes later, yet the panel still showed the names different. When I logged out and back in, everything was refreshed, and I was not able to play with my WvW teammates because of the alliance guild they had made specifically for this reason, which I was left out of because I had no more guild slots available and didn't want to leave any of the guilds I have already spent time invested in to. It's just a suggestion. I will not be playing much in the beta because I've been separated from my teammates and there's really no reason to play when it's temporary for a week. I'll happily rejoin my teammates after this week is over, which means you lose valuable beta player data from someone like me who played almost every night for 3-6 hours.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I like your idea for the sixth slot, one just for the alliances. There was a simple work around for your situation though, that my WvW guild was suggesting ahead of the beta. Anyone who didn't have a free slot for our alliance's umbrella guild was told they could temporarily leave the WvW guild to open a slot and then rejoin that guild later, after the beta.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

I like your idea for the sixth slot, one just for the alliances. There was a simple work around for your situation though, that my WvW guild was suggesting ahead of the beta. Anyone who didn't have a free slot for our alliance's umbrella guild was told they could temporarily leave the WvW guild to open a slot and then rejoin that guild later, after the beta.

Yeah, that had come up to, but I think I would have lost some influence points or however that works out. It just seems a little unfair to have to do all of that.

• Like 1

Alliances are not in this restructure beta. 

With alliances implement, this wouldnt actually be a problem since it wouldnt need a 6th slot: Your "guild alliance" would have created a new 500 man alliance, then invited your WvW guild with however many slots was required.

This is exactly the point of alliances.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I think Chichimec found the solution for your problem (leave wvw guild, join alliance for beta, rejoin wvw guild)

Lots of information to read about how the Alliance system will work on this blog post: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-update-june-2022/

More specifically to your concern about a 6th slot, here is a mock-up of how you'll be able to select your wvw guild and which alliance it is part of: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/c0cbcGuildSelect_01.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 4:47 AM, ManiacMika.9851 said:

I think Chichimec found the solution for your problem (leave wvw guild, join alliance for beta, rejoin wvw guild)

Lots of information to read about how the Alliance system will work on this blog post: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-update-june-2022/

More specifically to your concern about a 6th slot, here is a mock-up of how you'll be able to select your wvw guild and which alliance it is part of: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/c0cbcGuildSelect_01.png

Was going to wait till after we get thru this one, but sooner rather than later might be a good idea on a thread of the Alliance UI tool concepts. 

• 2 weeks later...

i just want to be able to play with my different guilds, most of which are large or capped guilds. So being able to enable a guild to run with is perfect for me. I just want the functionality of if my guild mates are opposite me , I can choose to join them instead of being on the enemy side.

9 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

i just want to be able to play with my different guilds, most of which are large or capped guilds. So being able to enable a guild to run with is perfect for me. I just want the functionality of if my guild mates are opposite me , I can choose to join them instead of being on the enemy side.

Oh you can in the way Anet proposed it, just select your other guild as your WvW guild and you'll automatically be on their side in 1-8 weeks depending on how far into the shuffle you are. 

What, you want it to happen instantly? Yes joining whatever side at any time would work great.

Or you could just skip that and use multiple accounts.

Edited by Dawdler.8521