Spellbreaker pve buffs seems good

Zekent.3652

• Zekent.3652 changed the title to Spellbreaker pve buffs seems good

Funny thing is that people say that the greatsword changes are relevant for SPB. Cant say so myself. Because of attackers insight you want a lot of cc. If you play dagger/axe and greatsword, you only have one stun on dagger3. With kick and bullscharge you got two more. Nowhere near enough to upkeep 5 stacks of attackers insight.

Just rework this trait. Its not good and screws all builds over. Imagine a world where you dont need to spam cc every 5 seconds in order to deal damage. Then we can play greatsword and enjoy those tasty F1s

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Spellbreaker utilitys skills are just bad.
Ask yourself a question execpt for the elite skill (mostly used in wvw) what utilitys from spellbreaker is ever used ?

Heal skill -> the litteral worst heal skill in the game (make it boon steal)
feather foot-> now uslees thanks to banners rework (a good thing)

imminent threat-> not worth , wasted potentiel (give it ammo or something)
 Sight beyond Sight -> the anti-thief tool by exellence , with no other use outside of competitive
 Break Enchantments-> worst version of full counter

they have no real use in pve and really nich place in competitive they need a rework to open them to pve real bad.
also no trait are linked to them. Why ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I would agree with the sentiment here, incremental buffs to spell’s core kit is the correct approach, but the Urias on spell need some help. They are pretty weak. Especially natural healing, which is almost like an amalgamation of To The Limit and Mending, but worse than both. 

It could be used to fill a unique heal role that warrior doesn’t presently have, such as a heal-over-time similar to troll ungent (though this is now kind of filled by Blade’s combat stimulant). It could function something like;

Natural Healing: heal yourself and clear conditions and strip enemy boons for 7 seconds (7 pulses, 1 per second)

Health per pulse: 1200

Conditions cleansed per pulse: 1

boons stripped from enemies per pulse: 1

The numbers remain the same, but this would give Natural healing a unique niche as a heal by expanding spell’s boon strip (or make it boon steal if you really want to make it very useful) and providing a more metered approach rather than the large-packet heals warrior currently has. It also doesn’t strip your own boons because that’s stupid. Also by stripping enemy boons, it starts to synergies with boon-strip traits and provide actual synergy between the different aspects of the kit. 

The point isn’t it being this exact idea, the point is that there’s different ways of healing that fill different niches on other classes that warrior does not have. Natural Healing is just a redundant, large-packet heal with an extra negative tacked on and it would be very nice if it functioned differently. 

10 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Funny thing is that people say that the greatsword changes are relevant for SPB. Cant say so myself. Because of attackers insight you want a lot of cc. If you play dagger/axe and greatsword, you only have one stun on dagger3. With kick and bullscharge you got two more. Nowhere near enough to upkeep 5 stacks of attackers insight.

Just rework this trait. Its not good and screws all builds over. Imagine a world where you dont need to spam cc every 5 seconds in order to deal damage. Then we can play greatsword and enjoy those tasty F1s

It's also a conditional Precision buff in a world where they deleted most of the unique stat modifiers in the game, including fractal potions to standardize the gear you use in all game modes. Spb consistently rolls in it's grave.

• Like 2

Can i ask something? How do these buffs change spellbreaker in pve realistically? i see some numbers on knife is nice i'm kinda confused about the thing where you give power if its enough might gen to desire spellbreaker  if it really offers enough dps and buffs to be wanted?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Can i ask something? How do these buffs change spellbreaker in pve realistically? i see some numbers on knife is nice i'm kinda confused about the thing where you give power if its enough might gen to desire spellbreaker  if it really offers enough dps and buffs to be wanted?

We'll see the benchmarks after the patch hits and find out, which will be off because FC won't proc on the golem. Arcing Slice -> FC -> Arcing Slice -> swap -> Breaching Strike will be pretty strong though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Hi, as main mesmer (I run in all game modes with it )  I made a warrior (5 months ago ) after 10 years playing gw2 .

I did finish all sories ,core ,hot ,pof and eod ,LS ,metas and open world (this build not for fract ,raids ,strike ,wvw ,pvp).

I guess the changes will help ppl like me who play spellbreaker for OW only.

This build can stand realy well in open world for noob warriors like me :).

It can go duel daggers or axe I just change sun and moon style trait on duel daggers.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhflJwOYXsJWJOST6vcA-zRIYRUzXGBmCRUBmcACZP8WG1MCA-e

1 hour ago, voodoo.7412 said:

Hi, as main mesmer (I run in all game modes with it )  I made a warrior (5 months ago ) after 10 years playing gw2 .

I did finish all sories ,core ,hot ,pof and eod ,LS ,metas and open world (this build not for fract ,raids ,strike ,wvw ,pvp).

I guess the changes will help ppl like me who play spellbreaker for OW only.

This build can stand realy well in open world for noob warriors like me :).

It can go duel daggers or axe I just change sun and moon style trait on duel daggers.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhflJwOYXsJWJOST6vcA-zRIYRUzXGBmCRUBmcACZP8WG1MCA-e

Well. If there is one thing SpB is good at then being immortal in ow PvE. 

Especially in large groups. 

• Like 3

I feel like this might be good:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEhjlJwoYTMMWJOyK6veA-zRIYRUzXGBmCRUBmMNCYZDA-e

Enter combat > pop all 3 signets >arcing slice  > breaching strike > dagger 3, 4, 5 > dagger autos until you can weapon swap and do arcing slice and 100b.

You immediately tether a target (+15%), gain 2 stacks of Berserker's Power (+14 %),  get +7-14% crit dmg from precise cuts, possibly +10% vs boon less foes from sun and moon, inflict 20 stacks of vuln, gain +300 ferocity from signet mastery....

All while crit capping with fury and might capping easily and having +20% attack speed with double daggers.

You could also take OH axe instead (more dmg but lose the sustain from Sun and Moon) or OH mace for more CC. 

Could be good 🤷‍♂️

On 8/16/2022 at 12:23 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Well. If there is one thing SpB is good at then being immortal in ow PvE. 

Especially in large groups. 

That would maybe put you equal with reaper too bad. Anet needs to overhaul more to make sure This spec can tank or something with a role i get the feeling this spec reaper were meant for tanking.  Both shold get proper support options to be full on tank or choose another line to  do DPS. I feel like if you could then you would really putt he test to the immortality of spellbreaker plus support tools.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

That would maybe put you equal with reaper too bad. Anet needs to overhaul more to make sure This spec can tank or something with a role i get the feeling this spec reaper were meant for tanking.  Both shold get proper support options to be full on tank or choose another line to  do DPS. I feel like if you could then you would really putt he test to the immortality of spellbreaker plus support tools.

Maybe im missing something here but where does Reaper get Spellbreaker level of sustain from? 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Maybe im missing something here but where does Reaper get Spellbreaker level of sustain from? 

It sustains well in reaper shroud its the reason everyone and their mother compalins that reaper shouldn't do equal to others.

Either way i'd like to see if spellbreakers get those tools to be a true tank.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

It sustains well in reaper shroud its the reason everyone and their mother compalins that reaper shouldn't do equal to others.

Either way i'd like to see if spellbreakers get those tools to be a true tank.

The moment there are people around you, spb self healing goes through the roof. 

Let's look at the new dagger auto. 

2 might x 5. Double that with Phalanx Strength. That's 20 might stacks. 

20 X 69 = 1380 healing. Now we add Force full greatsword. 

Another might stack (50% chance). 

Thats another 345 added. 

Add healing from Sun/moon style. 

Easy 2k+ healing from a single autohit. 

AND THAT AGAINST A SINGLE TARGET! 

The moment you can hit multiple target, good luck dying. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You know what they should maybe do? add back the statistics but for spellbreaker only make its buffs really count so that you have a really built in support/tank spec and finally have decent stuff.

If there was a possibility of adding unique stuff to each spec make warrior stand out from other specs such as bladesworn and berserker.

Knowing them though? they will prob just put everything in bladesworn feels bad man.

Edited by Axl.8924

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

The might and healing is def covered but doyou get anything other than healing and might gen?

Well as you know it is a OW build so you share might gain might and heal yourself and small healing to allies.

So yes it is a good tanking build as you will not notice high HP drops to almost immortal as long as you hit and the more allies the better.

It worked for me in almost all OW stuff metas and bounties and also can solo lot of champs.

You cannot sustain yourself well on reaper if you stand face to face with the the claw of Jormag due to the degen of your HP or legendary bounties with the ley line degen while on spell breaker the regen from might you will hardly notice the high degen from those bosses you will not even lose 5% of your HP and of course with the new buffs with offence and defense (jade charges) from EoD it is a God mode on OW and metas and it cannot be compared to reaper in taking + dmg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voodoo.7412 said:

Well as you know it is a OW build so you share might gain might and heal yourself and small healing to allies.

So yes it is a good tanking build as you will not notice high HP drops to almost immortal as long as you hit and the more allies the better.

It worked for me in almost all OW stuff metas and bounties and also can solo lot of champs.

You cannot sustain yourself well on reaper if you stand face to face with the the claw of Jormag due to the degen of your HP or legendary bounties with the ley line degen while on spell breaker the regen from might you will hardly notice the high degen from those bosses you will not even lose 5% of your HP and of course with the new buffs with offence and defense (jade charges) from EoD it is a God mode on OW and metas and it cannot be compared to reaper in taking + dmg.

Its nice its effective as well in open world so you can enjoy i do think warrs deserve to have at least something that is effective in open world too

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Guard Counter gives Protection.

The guard def is good with might gen is a nice touch hmm but is that enough to bring a spellbreaker for stuff not saying you can't use it for fractals its prob doable but is that enough to desire one for bringing it to raids and high CMS or other stuff?

49 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

The guard def is good with might gen is a nice touch hmm but is that enough to bring a spellbreaker for stuff not saying you can't use it for fractals its prob doable but is that enough to desire one for bringing it to raids and high CMS or other stuff?

You would bring a quickbreaker, and if you are doing that Guard Counter is as good a anything, but sadly that protection is self only. But after the 23rd a quicbreaker would bring the following for the group:

• CC
  • quickness
  • fury
  • might
  • swiftness
  • vigor
  • resistance
  • barrier
  • stability
  • aegis
  • superspeed
  • condition cleanses
  • boon rip.

However, what Core, Zerker, and BSW bring is the exact same list minus the boon rip, but also with higher damage.

For Spellbreaker to get a niche for itself in PvE I truly think that Guard Counter needs to grant Resolution as well and to grant it's boons in an area around the Spellbreaker. I also think it needs to grant boons that it rips to allies in the area.

Beyond PvE I think the following also needs to happen:

Sight Beyond Sight should be blind immunity for a duration, along with 100% crit chance for that same duration, make it 2s duration, keep the charges.

Break Enchantments needs to rip more boons that it does in all game modes.

WoD needs to return to it's original form or get a much shorter CD instead.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You would bring a quickbreaker, and if you are doing that Guard Counter is as good a anything, but sadly that protection is self only. But after the 23rd a quicbreaker would bring the following for the group:

• CC
  • quickness
  • fury
  • might
  • swiftness
  • vigor
  • resistance
  • barrier
  • stability
  • aegis
  • superspeed
  • condition cleanses
  • boon rip.

However, what Core, Zerker, and BSW bring is the exact same list minus the boon rip, but also with higher damage.

For Spellbreaker to get a niche for itself in PvE I truly think that Guard Counter needs to grant Resolution as well and to grant it's boons in an area around the Spellbreaker. I also think it needs to grant boons that it rips to allies in the area.

Beyond PvE I think the following also needs to happen:

Sight Beyond Sight should be blind immunity for a duration, along with 100% crit chance for that same duration, make it 2s duration, keep the charges.

Break Enchantments needs to rip more boons that it does in all game modes.

WoD needs to return to it's original form or get a much shorter CD instead.

Honestly i'd love if raid bosses generated boons and had some call for boonrippers then we could make all sorts of classes good at boon rip available and it would also help SPB

I do like some of your suggestions truth be told.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Honestly i'd love if raid bosses generated boons and had some call for boonrippers then we could make all sorts of classes good at boon rip available and it would also help SPB

Its a real missed opportunity.

43 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

I do like some of your suggestions truth be told.

Thanks! Now if only Anet shared your opinion...

• Confused 1