Instanced content needs its own UI

Instanced content (fractals/ raids/ strikes) needs their own menu at the top of the screen like pvp/ wvw/ hero panel have.

These are amazingly fun end game content for the game, but I still see new players getting to lvl 80 and quitting because they can't figure out what the end game content is. Even a legendary weapon UI could be cool, I've seen some lvl 80 players that don't really know about that either.

The menu for the instanced content can even show where the challenge motes are, which raids have emboldened mode, and what the strike and fractal dailies are. Get these things straight into the players hands and remove the hoops new players have to jump through to figure them out.

Pls add anet, this is my #1 hope for the steam launch.

Edited by artcreator.4859
  • Like 10
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

How about we don't change GW2 UI into WoW with all raid addons UI?

Imagine conflating making it easy for players to tell what Instanced PvE content there is and it's group sizes, entrance locations, summary of paths, wither you have or have not cleared it or finished the daily and drop/vendor rewards by adding a menu like PvP/WvW do with coving the screen with Addons that tell you what the boss is about to do and kitten.

It always astounds me how GW2 the game marketed to casuals and for being accessible has people come out of the woodwork to defend old outdated systems that needlessly hide essential information that even "Endgame" focused games have decided were good idea's. 

Just go to a third-party Wiki for all essential information bro! Ain't that just the most accessible thing?

Edited by TheSeraphim.7413
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TheSeraphim.7413 said:

Just go to a third-party Wiki for all essential information bro! Ain't that just the most accessible thing?

That "third party wiki" is fully integrated into the game. I don't mind if it is put into Hero panel, or Social menu, but not more UI buttons. We dont need more buttons on screen for menus.

• Confused 2

On 8/15/2022 at 2:06 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I would say not just instanced content, but everything from Wiki: Event Timers should probably be displayed in game, too, not only for convenience but it would help new players out immensely.

That would be amazing. Tbh, for some reason I have this image in my head associated with the world boss portal device of an in-game window (like full UI not just a text popup) where you see events displayed and can port to them. Maybe it was a mockup somebody in the community made years ago, or just my imagination considering what it could be like. Idk, kinda weird. I wish there was something like that and for everybody.

Such a window could link to LFG too, maybe have a button that brings up the LFG window and takes you to the map category associated with the event. Possibly with a ? type UI tip as well to explain what taxiing is.

Edited by Labjax.2465

7 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Tbh, for some reason I have this image in my head associated with the world boss portal device of an in-game window (like full UI not just a text popup) where you see events displayed and can port to them.

such item already exist and it has option to show what boss is going active in chat

• Confused 1