Guild Alliances is actually the Edge of the Mists system on WvW Maps ....

Reborn.2934

"Dear WvWDev put the kot down slowly... !"

Sorry, but the old players  we still remember... what we asked for alliances and what was the EoM in WvW., and if you are new player and you want to have a taste of Edge of the Mist search for EotM video on youtube or watch this video below

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Reborn.2934 said:

"if ... so you are wrong"

no it is not, so try harder and bring a real argument next time please 😂

And yet, you're still wrong if you think world restructure rematches people every week like how EoTM remixes blue/green/red. 

If you cant come up with your own argument then I wont really try that hard either.

Smiley for effect 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And yet, you're still wrong if you think world restructure rematches people every week like how EoTM remixes blue/green/red. 

If you cant come up with your own argument then I wont really try that hard either.

Smiley for effect 🤪

when i say it is not, i mean it because in a BLUE,GREEN,RED Mass PvP World like EotM was, nobody cares what is happenning inside this type of WvW ....

and i repeat it so you will understand better.

NOBODY CARES WHAT IS HAPPENING INSIDE THE BLUE vs RED vs GREEN WORLD, LIKE NOBODY WAS CARING WHAT WAS HAPPENING INSIDE EOTM MAPS.

am i clear now or you want to draw a picture?

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Reborn.2934 said:

when i say it is not, i mean it because in a BLUE,GREEN,RED Mass PvP World like EotM was, nobody cares what is happenning inside this type of WvW ....

and i repeat it so you will understand better.

NOBODY CARES WHAT IS HAPPENING INSIDE THE BLUE vs RED vs GREEN WORLD, LIKE NOBODY WAS CARING WHAT WAS HAPPENING INSIDE EOTM MAPS.

am i clear now or you want a paint too?

If you can make a drawing about how the EOTM is actually regular WvW that just reschuffles teams with smaller chunks every 8 weeks instead of shuffling around larger chunk links every 8 weeks, that'd be swell.

Also inb4 nobody cares what happens in regular WvW anyway.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If you can make a drawing about how the EOTM is actually regular WvW that just reschuffles teams with smaller chunks every 8 weeks instead of shuffling around larger chunk links every 8 weeks, that'd be swell.

Also inb4 nobody cares what happens in regular WvW anyway.

read the title again please.

"Guild Alliances is actually the Edge of the Mists system on WvW Maps ...."

Edge of the Mists system

if you can't understand that they implemented the EotM SYSTEM on WvW to create something that is ... literally umanaged from the people that want to play WvW for their Server, i can't help you farther, but if you insist .... i have already draw a picture and not for 8 weeks but for almost 9 months! one image has this post i am sure it's fine!

p.s. i am stopping here because as i see we have very different optics about WvW... 

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

The problem reasoning with those who still believe in Alliances in 2022 is that they have their blinders on. They are so set in their beliefs that nothing can convince them.

After all they have waited for this now outdated idea to save the game mode and when it goes live all the players that previously quit will come back and we will all zerg singing Kumbaya My Lord.

Nope....

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Reborn.2934 said:

read the title again please.

"Guild Alliances is actually the Edge of the Mists system on WvW Maps ...."

Edge of the Mists system

if you can't understand that they implemented the EotM SYSTEM on WvW to create something that is ... literally umanaged from the people that want to play WvW for their Server, i can't help you farther, but if you insist .... i have already draw a picture and not for 8 weeks but for almost 9 months! one image has this post i am sure it's fine!

p.s. i am stopping here because as i see we have very different optics about WvW... 

Yes you keep repeating that "EOTM system", which is an instanced WvW lobby with all blue/green/red players that changes every week since colors get shuffled in the 1 up 1 down matchmaking system. It was originally created because WvW had extensive queues and frequent queue bugs, so people wanted to "play WvW" while waiting - and it was released when queues had simmered down and the queue bugs had largely been fixed ie it was obsolete before it was even released.

The difference is that for the monolithic worlds + links, it only gets worse and population difference continue to be extreme because... get this... the link system is not enough to balance the population of the worlds. Anet need to trim the fat of larger worlds and buff the smaller worlds to bring them closer together and the only way to do that is with force because unlike what another thread poster thought, players does not do this themselves if they dont have to because "we want fights" really only means you want to win. Thus, stacking and bandwagoning.

Instead of actually thinking up something practical, most peoples ideas - including the idea in the link - somehow assume that players will magically be created out of thin air to solve all their issues. Just one quick glance at it shows the fatal flaw of your "option to join an ally" system of two WvWs. You think a winning T1 player will bravely go join a loosing T5 world rather than stay in queue for 10 minutes? Hahahahahahahahaha... allow me to laugh. It also goes against the server-pride principle (which in bold letters is a theme in that link) and chancing that getting to be a "hero" outweighs that pride, which is a contradiction if pride is supposedly so strong. 

In relation to the world restructure system, that last part basicly says people should be fine being heros in their own alliance, fighting for the team they are part of.

So even if you think it's the same... fine, I guess?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You think a winning T1 player will bravely go join a loosing T5 world rather than stay in queue for 10 minutes? Hahahahahahahahaha... allow me to laugh.

And here is me, leaving Gunnars Hold (T1), because even without a link we are #1 in T1 because we are completly overstacked, and as a result we have no content.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

And here is me, leaving Gunnars Hold (T1), because even without a link we are #1 in T1 because we are completly overstacked, and as a result we have no content.

What do you mean?

Gunnar's Hold has a link, in fact Gunnar's Hold are now just a High server linked with a bigger Very High server, Whiteside Ridge.
Due to ODIN moving to Kodash to be with Far Shiverpeaks, as per usual.

Edit: and it was in T2, not T1, last week.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2022 at 12:04 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

If you think it rematches people every week, yes it is.

It does not, so you are wrong.

I thought the plan was to remix it up on the current relink timer. I'd like to see them experiment with lengths greater than that, tbh. 

Trust is earnt over time, and I've witnessed that many commanders simply don't get enough time to build that trust.

@Dawdler.8521

We could draw you 1000 paintings and you still would not get it.

You hold it in your mind that your opinion is more valuable and therefore, more right than anyone else.

OP described the issue and their point perfectly and articulately at every step, you have not.

All you have tried to do was throw kitten at their fan.....because you don't like their opinions, period.

You have nothing constructive to add and you only reply in desperate hopes for attention. 

You will get no more.  OP is kitten correct on the matter.  Bye Felicia. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

What do you mean?

Gunnar's Hold has a link, in fact Gunnar's Hold are now just a High server linked with a bigger Very High server, Whiteside Ridge.
Due to ODIN moving to Kodash to be with Far Shiverpeaks, as per usual.

Edit: and it was in T2, not T1, last week.

i am out since 2 weeks... we were stomping every matchup, before i left...

but according to gw2 mists. the upcoming matchup GH will be in t1 without a link.... https://gw2mists.com/matches/eu

Bruh :0 i just saw it.. GH has dropped in population in the last few weeks SO hard.... ODIN train i guess...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:57 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Also inb4 nobody cares what happens in regular WvW anyway

it's not true you can be in t4 or t5 but you will still do everything you can for your team. just because it's your team and you feel part of this team. of course seeing an enemy that constantly exceeds you by 40% is complicated. and from here comes the desire of every wvw player. have a good balance of player flow. not always not constantly but in the weekly average. but desiring an improvement in balance does not mean erasing the teams.

just make your alliance, put together your group of guilds, absolutely not, I do not solve the problem. my guild doesn't care about working for your guild, and your guild doesn't care about working for mine. but both guilds are interested in making our world win. the guild mechanics or guild group is exclusive to the world/server mechanics is inclusive. to join a guild you have to ask permission from someone to be part of a world/server you don't have to ask permission from anyone.

the guild can be deleted in a short time, the world / server can not be deleted . the first is an unstable system and therefore does not deserve my (or your) commitment the second is a stable system and therefore deserves all my (or your) commitment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i am out since 2 weeks... we were stomping every matchup, before i left...

but according to gw2 mists. the upcoming matchup GH will be in t1 without a link.... https://gw2mists.com/matches/eu

Bruh :0 i just saw it.. GH has dropped in population in the last few weeks SO hard.... ODIN train i guess...

Uh, whatever you are seeing in GW2mists right now is as inaccurate as it can possibly be, since the servers are lending their identifications to the beta test, so what you see there is not Gunnar's Hold, it's one of the beta test worlds. Jade Sea is also winning  their match up. Alone. Not linked. Not actually happening. 😉

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:09 PM, Reborn.2934 said:

Sorry, but the old players  we still remember what we asked for alliances and what was the EoM in WvW., and if you are new player and you want to have a taste of Edge of the Mist search for EotM video on youtube or watch this video below

Removing the quoted memes cause this ain't Reddit.  

Anyway, factually not EoTM because you had no way to choose what your pairing was on EoTM.  Here, you do.  You may get 'EoTM Naming' for your alliance, but you don't get randomly shuffled unless you have no guild affiliation.  

Which, is fine.  Because at present even with 'world linking' if you are a rando without a guild you are just going to follow...oh yeah, a guild.  

Anyway, sure right now it is EoTM because there is no actual alliance part yet, but it's facetious to say that 'alliances = EoTM' when clearly, they do not.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Anyway, factually not EoTM because you had no way to choose what your pairing was on EoTM.  Here, you do.  You may get 'EoTM Naming' for your alliance, but you don't get randomly shuffled unless you have no guild affiliation.  

Which, is fine.  Because at present even with 'world linking' if you are a rando without a guild you are just going to follow...oh yeah, a guild.  

Anyway, sure right now it is EoTM because there is no actual alliance part yet, but it's facetious to say that 'alliances = EoTM' when clearly, they do not.  

in bold is what i want to learn from devs as soon as possible..

1.  where can i see the members of alliance i am belonging?
  2.  can i widthraw from the alliance? 
  3. where is the participation page where a guild leader will choose his/her alliance?

i have many more questions and i am sure nobody is prepared to answer and i really i am not waiting from you or from them to answer me these 3 questions NOW but i am quoting you because as you said there is not a real alliance and i really ask from you to think or better imagine  how would be this beta if....

EBG Map had remained Server's Map aka World's Map?

rhetoric question because we all know that if EBG Map had remained Server's Map first nobody would have compared WvW with EotM (i am not the only one on this forums) , this week would have remain WvW week and not a  beta WhateVerW as it was now  and we will not have lost our time writing on these forums our opinions about guild alliances system.

p.s.  open the link with my blog on the question above and tell me if you see any of these sites aka social media on my blog . no you will not because i haven't and for this reason i removed what you wrote. gn

Edited by Reborn.2934

6 hours ago, Reborn.2934 said:

in bold is what i want to learn from devs as soon as possible..

1.  where can i see the members of alliance i am belonging?
  2.  can i widthraw from the alliance? 
  3. where is the participation page where a guild leader will choose his/her alliance?

i have many more questions and i am sure nobody is prepared to answer and i really i am not waiting from you or from them to answer me these 3 questions NOW but i am quoting you because as you said there is not a real alliance and i really ask from you to think or better imagine  how would be this beta if....

EBG Map had remained Server's Map aka World's Map?

rhetoric question because we all know that if EBG Map had remained Server's Map first nobody would have compared WvW with EotM (i am not the only one on this forums) , this week would have remain WvW week and not a  beta WhateVerW as it was now  and we will not have lost our time writing on these forums our opinions about guild alliances system.

p.s.  open the link with my blog on the question above and tell me if you see any of these sites aka social media on my blog . no you will not because i haven't and for this reason i removed what you wrote. gn

You literally have a Twitch on that blog link (kinda weird way to promote that), so I think my Reddit point about random memes for emphases still stands.

Anyway, not sure I'm understanding what you mean by 'EBG map had remained server's map'? Do you want EBG to be the only map, and then try to draw comparison to EoTM that way? Still wouldn't be the same thing (in the end) because of ability to choose your grouping via guild.

For your questions, from a development perspective they are probably easier to solve than whatever 'queue bug' they have been facing for the past 7-8 months, so they are worked on later.  

There just isn't the full infrastructure as of now.  All this is really their fault too because they don't have dedicated test servers and the general public has zero idea how beta's actually run (i.e., they are not early access).  So the result is a lot of angry forum topics much like this one, because we only have a small fraction of the entire whole.  

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2022 at 7:35 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You literally have a Twitch on that blog link (kinda weird way to promote that), so I think my Reddit point about random memes for emphases still stands.

Anyway, not sure I'm understanding what you mean by 'EBG map had remained server's map'? Do you want EBG to be the only map, and then try to draw comparison to EoTM that way? Still wouldn't be the same thing (in the end) because of ability to choose your grouping via guild.

For your questions, from a development perspective they are probably easier to solve than whatever 'queue bug' they have been facing for the past 7-8 months, so they are worked on later.  

There just isn't the full infrastructure as of now.  All this is really their fault too because they don't have dedicated test servers and the general public has zero idea how beta's actually run (i.e., they are not early access).  So the result is a lot of angry forum topics much like this one, because we only have a small fraction of the entire whole.  

i hope you haven't any involvment with the game development for this game or any game...

only this ....

p.s. first time in my gaming life i see someone accusing a gamer for posting gaming videos on a LIVESTREAM site that became famous from ... GAMERS as justin.tv*.!

and ofc you are not understand what i am saying because you are out of context with... GAMING. you are here for reasons you only know and i know but i don't want to name them because it will be my 2nd forum ban.

btw the first video you removed because you wanted to categorized my video from EotM as meme too, was A TV COMMERCIAL from a Greek director that won a OSCAR ... recently., 4 years ago!

lol try harder next time... to not look clown at least!

*(and gamers will kill it soon, but this is another story and not for this site)

Edited by Reborn.2934
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2