UI Scaling question for a 4k 50inch screen

Not sure where else to ask about this. I have a feeling there's nothing to be done about it but hope there are some options. I play on a 4k 50inch TV and the only UI scaling options I can find available are frustrating.

The smallest UI option with dpi scaling on is way too big and covers up way too much of the screen while playing, and largest UI option with dpi scaling off is way too small and makes chat and stuff illegible.

Are there any scaling options I might be missing that could solve this issue, or any other options to find a sensible middle ground UI size for my screen? or will I have to deal with changing monitor res and blurring the game a ton, or just living with massive UI. Any help or info would be incredible!

Have you tried turning off the "DPI Scaling" setting entirely and just setting the interface size?

I'm playing on a 38" monitor with 3840x1600 resolution, have DPI scaling turned off and interface size set to "Large", that works well with this size and resolution.

EDIT: If you can't find a suitable balance even with it off, you can also adjust the scaling setting in Windows itself (right click desktop, Display settings, Scale and layout) since this is what GW2 is looking at when you have DPI scaling turned on. It offers 25% steps so you might be able to do something with that.

Edited by Taniniver BlindDragon.9503
  • Like 1

Thank you! setting interface to large with "dpi scaling" off was still too small, but changing scaling in windows did the trick! I never realized that's what DPI scaling was looking at, and changing it I was able to find the perfect balance. 

thank you again! I've been playing around with these settings for ages, cant believe I never thought to look at windows scaling for the fix :classic_laugh:

• Like 1