Suggestion for the Twitch Drops

It is really important to space out the drops to activate a few 24 hour drops each day during the event, and then stagger the length of time needed for each drop.

So an example would be 3 drops a day and one requires 30 minutes, one an hour, and one for two hours! Because in the years I've experienced twitch drops that method has been the best in keeping viewer numbers up the longest.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The usual fare, it seems:  Transmutation Charges, boosters, a mini, a Glowing Purple Mask, and your choice of a classic Guild Wars 2 character outfit.

That wouldn’t motivate me to watch someone else play a video game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

For me, depends on the boosters, the mini, and which outfits.

You just have to have it on, right? No interaction required?

Sometimes yes, and sometimes must be in chat and type a command to get them. 

I've found Twitch drops to be one of the most toxic things historically though, because you will mostly get people just looking for freebies and spamming in chat about it.  Essentially they aren't there for content or anything else, just the drops--which can easily be handled elsewhere (like Prime Gaming or other 'link' methods).  

Might not be as bad here due to low viewer counts (vs. something like beta key drops to games which bring out the worst people).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’ve no experience with twitch drops. Is it something that gets spelled out ahead of time, or is it view the streams and find out what drops as you get it?

It'll be announced on the news section no doubt. Maybe next week when steam goes live.

You link gw2 account to twitch account. They can both be free accounts. There is no money needed for any of this. Then you look for streams that have drop enabled tag in their description. Watching the stream will raise a % meter to 100% and then the percentage meter changes to a button that says 'claim'.

How to Discover and Claim Drops on Twitch <-this article is loading strangely for me.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jokkerzzz.5471 said:

Twitch drops are usually for me just open stream on lowest setting muted and just leave it and do something else in the meantime

If it's a game I already have installed and play regularly, and asks me to watch for an hour or more for one drop then I do that too. But I watch the streams of games I do not play. I fully watch albion online, no man's sky, tower of fantasy when they have drops to see what the game is like and decide if I want to play it. I get the drops if I decide to play it so it's a fun welcome treat.

• Like 3