Lack of Content with EoD. Anet failing to deliver.

Odin.6487

Ill make this short and sweet. 

Spvp is neglected. Win traders run rampant and the player base is non existent.

WvW: alliances were announced 5 years ago. and they still cant deliver. Last wvw map update was 2489 days ago. Rewards are outdated and the mastery system is also severely outdated.  Core part of the game being neglected.

Dungeons: no dungeon updates or reworks besides adding gen3 skins to dungeons. 

Fractals: last fractal map was 700 days ago. Since then weve seen zero fractal updates, zero fractal reward updates. Neglected.

Raids: No new raids with EoD. Build Diversity is at an all time low due to afk builds being meta. 

Strikes: Strikes are fine, the rewards just need to be tuned.

We as players shouldn't be content with how much of the game is being neglected. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Odin.6487 said:

you mean the 4 meta events that you run on repeat?

New story. New maps to explore. New jumping puzzles. New achievements to hunt down. New strike missions with challenge modes. Nine new elite specializations. New mount with a unique style. New armor sets. New legendary weapons.

I'm content with it, but maybe I'm just the targeted audience... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

Have you considered that they are spending resources on parts of the game that the majority of people actually play? Why develop a raid for the 2% that run them or new WvW maps for the 1% that plays that regularly? GW2 is more popular than it's ever been and you're making it out like the devs have failed.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

New story. New maps to explore. New jumping puzzles. New achievements to hunt down. New strike missions with challenge modes. Nine new elite specializations. New mount with a unique style. New armor sets. New legendary weapons.

I'm content with it, but maybe I'm just the targeted audience... 🤷‍♂️

im just going off what you said here. 

New story: playable at least once. 

New maps to explore: so 4 zones with 4 metas

New jumping puzzles: theres only 2 new ones. 

New achievements: Reasonable 

New Strikes and CM's : CM's are once a week. 

etc etc

so im just assuming from the above that you spend 80 percent of your play time running 2 jp's replaying the story, and doing the metas on repeat. 

because if you did more than that, well you should be upset with the lack of content in other modes. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

Most of the things you said is abandoned content. it’s not neglected. They just don’t see any reason to use resources on it. 

Eod got lots to do but it might not be your thing. That doesn’t mean there is nothing to do, only that it does not appeal to you. Strikes seems to have taken over for raids. Fractals are the new dungeons. However I don’t see them adding more of them any time soon as they have other things they work on. 

And btw. being toxic to casual players won’t help you much since most of the players here are exactly that. And I say that as someone who does play several of the things you had in your op. Don’t assume things. And ofc anet caters most to the majority of players. They have data. They see what content is played most. Wanting things to improve and say your opinions is one thing. But be careful how it comes out. And respect others opinions 

Edited by Freya.9075
autocorrect error 👀
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Yaki.9563 said:

Have you considered that they are spending resources on parts of the game that the majority of people actually play? Why develop a raid for the 2% that run them or new WvW maps for the 1% that plays that regularly? GW2 is more popular than it's ever been and you're making it out like the devs have failed.

people dont play the modes anymore because theyve been neglected. 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Just now, Balsa.3951 said:

I love EOD but OP is right its a rather slim xpac so far.

Compare it with Icebrood saga, content wise they are not much apart.

But who knows, maybe more is to come after season 1 is over

and it was supposed to be THE expac. Bigger and better than HoT and PoF. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 10

9 minutes ago, Yaki.9563 said:

Anet devs have also said that WvW is a core part of the game for gw2. yet it receives zero updates like 80 percent of the game. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Odin.6487 said:

people dont play the modes anymore because theyve been neglected. 

Circular logic?  People don't play the modes because they've been neglected.  Anet doesn't put a lot of effort into the modes because people don't play them.  Repeat.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Circular logic?  People don't play the modes because they've been neglected.  Anet doesn't put a lot of effort into the modes because people don't play them.  Repeat.

but how hard is it to add a fractal map? 

or update the WvW maps which they claim are a core part of the  game. 

you can only run Meta trains so much before you want to move on to other content. All im getting at is that the other content is dead. This game used to be 10x more than running a meta train. 

Edited by Odin.6487
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Odin.6487 said:

but how hard is it to add a fractal map? 

or update the WvW maps which they claim are a core part of the  game. 

you can only run Meta trains so much before you want to move on to other content. All im getting at is that the other content is dead. This game used to be 10x more than running a meta train. 

Only Anet knows how difficult and/or resource intensive it is to add a Fractal map.  All outward signs point to it being cost-prohibitive.   If they knew that they would be able to make more profit by doing so, I'm sure that they would be all over it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Odin.6487 said:

etc etc

so im just assuming from the above that you spend 80 percent of your play time running 2 jp's replaying the story, and doing the metas on repeat. 

because if you did more than that, well you should be upset with the lack of content in other modes. 

Honest question here:

You can only do the new CM strikes once per week? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Honest question here:

You can only do the new CM strikes once per week? 

You only get rewarded once a week. 

So on paper you could do CM's daily, but you get no reward for doing so. essentially its a sunk cost. 

had they just made CM's a daily reward, more people would do them. It just hurst the players who want to do harder content outside of Meta events. 

Edited by Odin.6487
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Odin.6487 said:

etc etc

You can assume. I'll just keep laughing at your assumption. No, I don't spend 80% of my playing time running two jumping puzzles, four metas, and repeating EoD story.

I do much more than that, and I'm not upset. Nor should I be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Odin.6487 said:

You only get rewarded once a week. 

So on paper you could do CM's daily, but you get no reward for doing so. essentially its a sunk cost. 

had they just made CM's a daily reward, more people would do them. It just hurst the players who want to do harder content outside of Meta events. 

Ahh, I was wondering if my group was dealing with a bug. We have been trying CM, unsuccessfully so far, several times per week. Gradually getting closer but no cigar yet. We wouldnt have made the progress that we have if we could only try once per week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

You can assume. I'll just keep laughing at your assumption. No, I don't spend 80% of my playing time running two jumping puzzles, four metas, and repeating EoD story.

I do much more than that, and I'm not upset. Nor should I be.

ill assume you dont do fractals, WvW, raids, or spvp. Because if you did youd be pissed at how neglected they are. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Odin.6487 said:

ill assume you dont do fractals, WvW, raids, or spvp. Because if you did youd be pissed at how neglected they are. 

Again with the incorrect assumption. You read the post where I said I play everything but sPvP since you responded to it, so I have no idea what's going on with you. I also don't know which law says I have to be upset because I play dungeons, fractals, raids, strikes, and WvW alongside OWPvE and story; so please enlighten me to which one it is. I have more popcorn.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Freya.9075 said:

Most of the things you said is abandoned content. it’s not neglected. They just don’t see any reason to use resources on it. 

Eod got lots to do but it might not be your thing. That doesn’t mean there is nothing to do, only that it does not appeal to you. Strikes seems to have taken over for raids. Fractals are the new dungeons. However I don’t see them adding more of them any time soon as they have other things they work on. 

And btw. being toxic to casual players won’t help you much since most of the players here are exactly that. And I say that as someone who does play several of the things you had in your op. Don’t assume things. And ofc anet caters most to the majority of players. They have data. They see what content is played most. Wanting things to improve and say your opinions is one thing. But be careful how it comes out. And respect others opinions 

Still not holding water.  I personally haven't step foot in a raid ever, I abhor fractals, and strikes are great but I rarely do them because I can't stand the LFG experience.  The story is a mile wide and an inch deep to me and is basically white noise.  I'm an open world spamming casual.  The target audience if you will; and I hate just about every bit of EoD.  I spent about 20 minutes a day in any EoD map if I'm lucky and I peace the heck out.  It's not about doing the right things for the right people.  It's about doing the things well.  EoD is pretty hamfisted.  

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Borked.6824 said:

Still not holding water.  I personally haven't step foot in a raid ever, I abhor fractals, and strikes are great but I rarely do them because I can't stand the LFG experience.  The story is a mile wide and an inch deep to me and is basically white noise.  I'm an open world spamming casual.  The target audience if you will; and I hate just about every bit of EoD.  I spent about 20 minutes a day in any EoD map if I'm lucky and I peace the heck out.  It's not about doing the right things for the right people.  It's about doing the things well.  EoD is pretty hamfisted.  

That may be so. I am not saying all casuals like eod. We are all different after all. Some ppl love hot, some ppl love pof and some ppl love eod. Same with hating the content. My experiences with eod has been overall positive when it comes to the community. Except dragons end which had some issues at first. Map chat there was interesting to say the least 👀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Odin.6487 said:

Spvp is neglected. Win traders run rampant and the player base is non existent.

I mean guys stop being dramatic. There is population playing Spvp at any given hour (specially at prime hours), obiusly its not league of legends and will never be. The influx of new players will benefit that even more.

Second yes, they should give more love to Spvp with new conquest map, changes to stronghold and even new pvp modes! but lets see after steam/lws1 and wvw restructuring.

Lots of other things you say are false, strike rewards have been improved, core stuff has been touched. And some are true, but still. They had massive layoffs, EoD delivered a good experienced and no other expansion bringed raids/fractals on it. So wait for LWS6 to see.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

17 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

This line from the update tho.

streamlined dungeon currencies and increased their rewards

How did they increase the dungeon rewards?

In the past they already added that chest that gives 5 gold after doing a few different dungeons. And recently, they added a gold unidentified piece of gear in the chest of the dungeon bosses.

Doing dungeons is pretty okay to win gold, aswell as gear/runes etc. The only thing is that is old content, and that the LFG is so so bad that you cannot even see all the dungeons forming in 1 click.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 3