Lack of Content with EoD. Anet failing to deliver.

Odin.6487

7 hours ago, Liisjak.4509 said:

Also why does it take months/years to complete a legendary set in pvp/wvw but you can craft in weeks by doing pve? The bias is real.

so just pve then. 2-3 hours a week to get LIs on w1-4 isn't particularly difficult. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

We all know your agenda with regards to Fractals.  Statements that you make as fact, which clearly are not, do not help your argument.

And Anet has released a lot of new content lately, so I really don't know what you're on about there.  Unless you're talking only about Fractals which, again, don't appear to be as popular in Anet's vision due to the resources being spent on LS, raids and strikes.

Sarcasm doesn't help your argument either.

Whatever you say, chief.  I think they could do better than a fractal every two years and there's nothing unreasonable about that.  

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Whatever you say, chief.  I think they could do better than a fractal every two years and there's nothing unreasonable about that.  

I won't argue that opinion.  For someone with such invested interest in that content, I can appreciate your sentiment about Fractals.  For me, it isn't necessarily unreasonable -- at least considering your point of view -- but rather does it make good business sense for Anet to put resources into that format if (that's IF) their data shows a much larger population doing other instanced content in lieu of Fractals.  Evidence suggests that this is so.

Good luck with your continuing crusade, though.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Well fractals replaced dungeons and are still a great way for story telling outside of living story. But then they replaced them with strike missions. Each iteration it just gets smaller and smaller and less resource intensive but then they still don’t really iterate or keep up with those. 

They’ve added more strike missions but it’s still very few and far between. I think people would run fractals if they redesigned them to make the agony system less confusing. Better rewards, etc.

I don’t think the lack of them is laziness or something they just haven’t had the time to do, I think it’s intentionally not making them because it’s much more cost effective to make one room and one boss. 

And maybe they lost the devs that were responsible for this codebase and it would take too long learning how to train new ones versus just making more strikes which are newer. 

idk. It is a bummer though. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

Well fractals replaced dungeons and are still a great way for story telling outside of living story. But then they replaced them with strike missions. Each iteration it just gets smaller and smaller and less resource intensive but then they still don’t really iterate or keep up with those. 

They’ve added more strike missions but it’s still very few and far between. I think people would run fractals if they redesigned them to make the agony system less confusing. Better rewards, etc.

I don’t think the lack of them is laziness or something they just haven’t had the time to do, I think it’s intentionally not making them because it’s much more cost effective to make one room and one boss. 

And maybe they lost the devs that were responsible for this codebase and it would take too long learning how to train new ones versus just making more strikes which are newer. 

idk. It is a bummer though. 

Fractals dont need better rewards they are rewarding enough already.

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

Fractals dont need better rewards they are rewarding enough already.

I mean if your only motivation is gold or you’re doing challenge modes.

But adding more cosmetic items/uses for golden fractal relics/some goal beyond getting gold and crafting materials would be the only way to really lure me back in. And I can’t imagine I’m the only one.

Challenge modes are nice but there is a broader pve community than just challenge mode end gamers. 

New players joining via steam might have plenty to unlock but adding in something to entice the veterans that have to tutor them wouldn’t be a bad thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I didn't think a self-evident claim like "Having new content is more popular than expecting your players to repeat years-old content endlessly." required evidence. 

To be fair, that is not what you claimed. 

If ANet did still add fractals, but they continued adding strikes and raids, we do not know for a fact that fractals would be more popular than they are now. It is entirely possible (although unlikely in my opinion) that fractals would retain the same population that they have now, just in the new fractal rather than the old ones. If only 100  people are interested in a game mode then adding more of that game mode does not guarantee that the 100 will increase.

Now, do I think that more people would play fractals if there were more of them? Probably. At least for a while. I am sure that my guild would give any new fractal a try. We have AP hunters that wouldnt let the chance to see that number go up pass. Others would want to see the new maps. Others would be interested in new fights None of that makes it a fact that adding new fractals would make fractals as a whole more popular.

Logic based, reasonable, educated guesses are still supposition, not fact.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

To be fair, that is not what you claimed. 

If ANet did still add fractals, but they continued adding strikes and raids, we do not know for a fact that fractals would be more popular than they are now. It is entirely possible (although unlikely in my opinion) that fractals would retain the same population that they have now, just in the new fractal rather than the old ones. If only 100  people are interested in a game mode then adding more of that game mode does not guarantee that the 100 will increase.

Now, do I think that more people would play fractals if there were more of them? Probably. At least for a while. I am sure that my guild would give any new fractal a try. We have AP hunters that wouldnt let the chance to see that number go up pass. Others would want to see the new maps. Others would be interested in new fights None of that makes it a fact that adding new fractals would make fractals as a whole more popular.

Logic based, reasonable, educated guesses are still supposition, not fact.

Okay, guys. You win at semantics.  Now can we get some new fractals?  It's been two years. We're due.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

There's nothing disingenuous about observing that 1 fractal every 2 years is not supporting the content.  Fractals would be more popular if they received regular content updates.  They do not.  Facts.

I doubt anyone is disagreeing with you that more Fractals will be better. I do daily Fractals practically everyday because I enjoy them and they're an excellent source for gold. What I disagree is your insistence on fractals being "not supporting the content". Any tweaks, especially considering the July 19th re-work of the mistlock instabilities, would suggest otherwise.

As for popularity, of course they'll increase since many will check out any new contents. However, they will always remain niche because of the requirements (AR, group composition, difficulties, etc.) and will never be very popular. Just look at some of the newer metas. Slightly more difficult, we get complains galore from the selected few. I'm sure Anet knows exactly what kind of contents the majority prefer. And having more focus on these contents only make total sense.

Two years may seem like a long time to us who do them regularly but they definitely are not to the rest, with the amount of contents available.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

That is nowhere near a fact.  What data or evidence do you have that fractals would indeed be more popular?  I'm guessing Anet knows more about what is popular which is why their resources are targeted to other areas.

This seems like semantics to me. If you have people wanting to run new fractals that used to run with players in the past that no longer play, they're now resorting to trying to get other players to experience them. 

Just look at embolden mode for raids - I've seen MANY new players trying them out including some wings I haven't done myself. 

Basing your defense against someone not having access to internal metrics seems like fruitless discussion and being argumentative solely for the sake of being argumentative. 

The agony resistance is a daunting barrier but if new content is released in the game, especially at which new content has been released in the game over the past several months since the expansion released, I'm fairly certain people would jump on it. Would they repeat it enough to validate the time and resources that went into it? No guarantee - but it's a chance and it's expanding on existing systems, not reinventing the wheel for the 18th time. 

Toss in some cosmetic rewards that are just as accessible to new players without agony resistance and you've already given more incentive for fresh blood to experience the game-mode. Especially as other cosmetic rewards are either gated by living world seasons, high gold costs, or the gemstore. 

I know the "logical" explanation is that they have metrics that determined fractals weren't worth as much focus or continued development, but apart from an infographic they do each year talking about what mob has killed the most players etc, I'd love to see some of those internal metrics shared with the public in comparison to other features they've implemented - to confirm that it was lack of interest and not just development costs and budget cuts.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Not a high priority since there are only 3 Fractals left to add. We currently have 22/25 Fractals.

That's ony due to individual fractals being strung along a continuous path from fractal level 1 to fractal level 100. Which... wasn't always the case, and don't have to always be the case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2022 at 2:08 PM, Odin.6487 said:

you mean the 4 meta events that you run on repeat?

Good grief what a response lol. 

It's so true though. They've pretty much just been ignoring all content that isn't open-world PvE. 

On 8/16/2022 at 11:03 PM, Izzy.2951 said:

In the past they already added that chest that gives 5 gold after doing a few different dungeons. And recently, they added a gold unidentified piece of gear in the chest of the dungeon bosses.

Doing dungeons is pretty okay to win gold, aswell as gear/runes etc. The only thing is that is old content, and that the LFG is so so bad that you cannot even see all the dungeons forming in 1 click.

LFG needed a revamp before the Steam launch. I think it's going to be viewed as a mistake that they didn't do this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Buddy, I can fish and I can casually ride a boat thanks to EoD, if you want to blame an expansion for lacking content, blame Icebrood Saga. The only mastery from there that "helps" in the rest of the game is a kitten table with a bunch of specific gadgets. And you have to learn to summon it somehow.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, JayHog.3280 said:

Buddy, I can fish and I can casually ride a boat thanks to EoD, if you want to blame an expansion for lacking content, blame Icebrood Saga. The only mastery from there that "helps" in the rest of the game is a kitten table with a bunch of specific gadgets. And you have to learn to summon it somehow.

IBS isn't an expansion.  Also, it got torpedoed so that they could pull all resources to rush EoD.  If you want to compare expansions, at least pick an expansion and its relevant story followups (PoF + LS4, HoT + LS3).

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

IBS isn't an expansion.  Also, it got torpedoed so that they could pull all resources to rush EoD.  If you want to compare expansions, at least pick an expansion and its relevant story followups (PoF + LS4, HoT + LS3).

Point is, everything except IBS actually bring something to the table to be used casually. You can glide around in emergencies, you can use mounts to travel faster and boats and fishing to relax. So I have no clue what OP means with "lack of content". Because just those two details alone were neat. The Siege Turtle was hell to get, but also cute to get.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayHog.3280 said:

Point is, everything except IBS actually bring something to the table to be used casually.

What exactly does the other LW seasons bring to the table? IBS is season 5, although there is a name associated with it, unlike the other seasons.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

What exactly does the other LW seasons bring to the table? IBS is season 5, although there is a name associated with it, unlike the other seasons.

LWS2 - Story + Mastery Points

LWS3 - Story + Mastery Points + Masteries + Maps + Metas

LWS4 - Story + Mastery Points + Masteries + Maps + Metas + Mounts

LWS5 - Story + Mastery Points + Masteries + Maps + Metas + Strike Missions

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

LWS2 - Story + Mastery Points

LWS3 - Story + Mastery Points + Masteries + Maps + Metas

LWS4 - Story + Mastery Points + Masteries + Maps + Metas + Mounts

LWS5 - Story + Mastery Points + Masteries + Maps + Metas + Strike Missions

I wasn't asking for a list since I know what each season has. Was just commenting on "everything except IBS actually bring something to the table" statement. Although your list does highlight how much each seasons contributed to the game.

For me, the most important contributions for Living world for each season: S1 & S2 - 15 Fractals; S3 - easy access to ascended trinkets; S4 - Skyscale; S5 - Strikes.

Edited by Silent.6137

10 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

I wasn't asking for a list since I know what each season has. Was just commenting on "everything except IBS actually bring something to the table" statement. Although you list does highlight how much each seasons contributed to the game.

For me, the most important contributions for Living world for each season: S1 & S2 - 15 Fractals; S3 - easy access to ascended trinkets; S4 - Skyscale; S5 - Strikes.

You are correct the other guy is wrong the sesaons dont give much.

The table in ibs is compareable to

Season 2 dont give anything

Season 3 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Aid

Season 4 Crystal Champion that got all the extra mount abilities in it + 2 mounts

So yea season 4 gave us the most to use everywere in the game of all the seasons.

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

You are correct the other guy is wrong the sesaons dont give much.

The table in ibs is compareable to

Season 2 dont give anything

Season 3 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Aid

Season 4 Crystal Champion that got all the extra mount abilities in it + 2 mounts

So yea season 4 gave us the most to use everywere in the game of all the seasons.

I meant in items that you can use in open world.

HoT you get glider, Pof you get mounts and EoD you get fishing and boats and a turtle. All you can use in general PvE that isn't IBS restricted is a table full of gadgets that you still have to pay with a war currency from the Charr, barely useful.

I don't know about LW because I haven't played those and I don't count those as expansions because you can just buy the missions there unlike the expansions that have to be bought with actual money, I just tend to call IBS an expansion because they actually bothered to name it. Instead of just calling it "LW5".

So I'm not the one that's wrong, you guys are blaming me of being wrong for the wrong perspective.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, JayHog.3280 said:

I meant in items that you can use in open world.

HoT you get glider, Pof you get mounts and EoD you get fishing and boats and a turtle. All you can use in general PvE that isn't IBS restricted is a table full of gadgets that you still have to pay with a war currency from the Charr, barely useful.

I don't know about LW because I haven't played those and I don't count those as expansions because you can just buy the missions there unlike the expansions that have to be bought with actual money, I just tend to call IBS an expansion because they actually bothered to name it. Instead of just calling it "LW5".

So I'm not the one that's wrong, you guys are blaming me of being wrong for the wrong perspective.

And that what we are saying ibs is a living world not expansion like pof hot and eod.

They just named icebrood saga instead of living world season 5 because they dident want to release an expansion and thought they could deliver the same over time.

That failed massively was cut down in size so cant even be compared to a expansion.

So yea you are wrong you are comparing apples and oranges.

You do know you can buy ibs just like living world season 2-4 right?

Edit

Even their latest blog post call it living world season 5.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-tenth-anniversary-and-steam-launch-on-august-23/

We’ve heard your feedback that Living World unlocks should be better communicated to prospective players, so we’ll also be creating a Complete Collection bundle that includes Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, and Living World Seasons 2 through 5 (Living World Season 1 is free for everyone).

Edited by Linken.6345