Lack of Content with EoD. Anet failing to deliver.

Odin.6487

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

And that what we are saying ibs is a living world not expansion like pof hot and eod.

They just icebrood saga instead of living world season 5 because they dident want to release an expansion and thought they could deliver the same over time.

That failed massively was cut down in size so cant even be compared to a expansion.

So yea you are wrong you are comparing apples and oranges.

You do know you can buy ibs just like living world season 2-4 right?

Doesn't matter, if they couldn't deliver it as an expansion, shouldn't had given it a proper name. Otherwise just change the name to LW5 and this discussion ends and everything makes sense again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayHog.3280 said:

Doesn't matter, if they couldn't deliver it as an expansion, shouldn't had given it a proper name. Otherwise just change the name to LW5 and this discussion ends and everything makes sense again.

See my edit, Im quite sure it will be renamed ingame soon.

1 minute ago, JayHog.3280 said:

If that's true, then the discussion becomes meaningless in the long run. Until then, not expecting much of a response for now. Good day.

Well it was meaningless from the start since you missunderstood differance bettwen living world and a expansion.

Hint it is not if it has a name or not.

You even said it in your post you can buy seasons without spending real life cash guess what you can do with IBS.

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well it was meaningless from the start since you missunderstood differance bettwen living world and a expansion.

Hint it is not if it has a name or not.

You even said it in your post you can buy seasons without spending real life cash guess what you can do with IBS.

Name = Expansion, even if it's a kitten one.

LWX = Not an expansion.

Again, if they actually cared about consistency, they wouldn't had tried to sell it as one.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, JayHog.3280 said:

HoT you get glider, Pof you get mounts and EoD you get fishing and boats and a turtle. All you can use in general PvE that isn't IBS restricted is a table full of gadgets that you still have to pay with a war currency from the Charr, barely useful.

There's also mount stealth, which i actually use a lot. Far more than i use fishing, skiff or turtle, tbh.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, Odin.6487 said:

Ill make this short and sweet. 

Spvp is neglected. Win traders run rampant and the player base is non existent.

WvW: alliances were announced 5 years ago. and they still cant deliver. Last wvw map update was 2489 days ago. Rewards are outdated and the mastery system is also severely outdated.  Core part of the game being neglected.

Dungeons: no dungeon updates or reworks besides adding gen3 skins to dungeons. 

Fractals: last fractal map was 700 days ago. Since then weve seen zero fractal updates, zero fractal reward updates. Neglected.

Raids: No new raids with EoD. Build Diversity is at an all time low due to afk builds being meta. 

Strikes: Strikes are fine, the rewards just need to be tuned.

We as players shouldn't be content with how much of the game is being neglected. 

Speaking of neglect you seem to be neglecting a few important details.

Such as for WvW not too long ago they made adjustments to the pip rewards slightly with the outnumbered rework and in the process of going throw beta phases with wvw restructuring and alliances as we speak. So there is known activity in their deveolpment there with recent blog posts outlining clear direction for a few future changes.

Dungeons is a depricated mode as iti was discontinued after launch basicly so its slightly unfair to bring that up but even on this front. They recently unified the dungeon currencies making it easier to interact with the dungeon reward structure.

Fractals: recently had a major adjustment to its instabilities which overall has toned down less fun instability combinations and improved interactibility of the instabilities.  While the reward structure hasnt been updated its not like fractals are suffering in gph.

Raids:  Recently had the emboldening system added on rotation to help insentivise people to give raiding a try and get new people into the content type while also having the double gold raid rotating weekly rather than staying stuck on wing 7. In addition they made changes to CM rewards granting repeatable weekly rewards to completing raid CM improving how rewarding raids are overall when doing CMs. Also there was the additon of the weekly 10 mystic clovers to the Raid reward npc.

Strikes: They improved the gold reward for completing EOD CMs and added a new infusion to the drops of CMs and can be obtained also from completing them all once.

On almost all fronts they have been making adjustments and improvements to varying degrees to the adformentioned game modes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, JayHog.3280 said:

Mount stealth?

One of the waystation masteries adds a permanent ability for you when mounted that has a 40 sec CD and allows you to go stealthed while mounted for 5 sec.

Edit: In PvE that is. Doesn't work in WvW.

Edited by Labjax.2465
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JayHog.3280 said:

Mount stealth?

Stealth (mount) and Stealth 2.0 (mount)  Especially useful when farming chests and certain currencies, if you want to do the route very fast without having to fight any mobs. I use it all the time when farming icebound chests and winterberries. Never have to fight another mob when using in conjuction with tools with glyphs.

4 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

One of the waystation masteries adds a permanent ability for you when mounted that has a 40 sec CD and allows you to go stealthed while mounted for 5 sec.

The last mastery upgrades the stealth from 5 to 8 secs, aside from upgrading EMP, Remote Charge & Rocket Jump

On 8/21/2022 at 1:55 AM, JayHog.3280 said:

I meant in items that you can use in open world.

HoT you get glider, Pof you get mounts and EoD you get fishing and boats and a turtle. All you can use in general PvE that isn't IBS restricted is a table full of gadgets that you still have to pay with a war currency from the Charr, barely useful.

I don't know about LW because I haven't played those and I don't count those as expansions because you can just buy the missions there unlike the expansions that have to be bought with actual money, I just tend to call IBS an expansion because they actually bothered to name it. Instead of just calling it "LW5".

So I'm not the one that's wrong, you guys are blaming me of being wrong for the wrong perspective.

IBS is no more an expansion than are the other LW seasons....and if you have played IBS then you have played LW. 

• Confused 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:43 AM, JayHog.3280 said:

Buddy, I can fish and I can casually ride a boat thanks to EoD, if you want to blame an expansion for lacking content, blame Icebrood Saga. The only mastery from there that "helps" in the rest of the game is a kitten table with a bunch of specific gadgets. And you have to learn to summon it somehow.

You forget mount stealth. I love my mount stealth. 😄

Edit: oops, replied before I saw Astralporing’s post.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Kodokuna Akuma.9570 said:

Such as for WvW not too long ago they made adjustments to the pip rewards slightly with the outnumbered rework and in the process of going throw beta phases with wvw restructuring and alliances as we speak. So there is known activity in their deveolpment there with recent blog posts outlining clear direction for a few future changes.

Dungeons is a depricated mode as iti was discontinued after launch basicly so its slightly unfair to bring that up but even on this front. They recently unified the dungeon currencies making it easier to interact with the dungeon reward structure.

Fractals: recently had a major adjustment to its instabilities which overall has toned down less fun instability combinations and improved interactibility of the instabilities.  While the reward structure hasnt been updated its not like fractals are suffering in gph.

Raids:  Recently had the emboldening system added on rotation to help insentivise people to give raiding a try and get new people into the content type while also having the double gold raid rotating weekly rather than staying stuck on wing 7. In addition they made changes to CM rewards granting repeatable weekly rewards to completing raid CM improving how rewarding raids are overall when doing CMs. Also there was the additon of the weekly 10 mystic clovers to the Raid reward npc.

Strikes: They improved the gold reward for completing EOD CMs and added a new infusion to the drops of CMs and can be obtained also from completing them all once.

On almost all fronts they have been making adjustments and improvements to varying degrees to the adformentioned game modes.

You realise they announced wvw alliance work over a year ago now, and said we'd have it last year, right? Just check my sig. Also, wvw rewards were nerfed since my sig, as they removed multiple ways to get participation with no upside while changing pips and removing outnumbered pips because "Alliances" was supposed to fix that. So lower pop servers lost out on extra pips and have had no compensation now for an extremely long time. Not to mention the constant buffs to the boon ball and nerfs to anti boon ball tactics and abilities. I'd never quote the "cornerstone" gamemode of gw2 as something to "promote with improvements". 

Pvp scene still dead, 

Fractals, nothing new for 2 years and had its rewards nerfed and offensive potion changed to offer defence stats. 
Raids. New ability in them because no one does them to get more of those no one doing them more. 
So no, i'd not count "on almost all fronts". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

IBS is no more an expansion than are the other LW seasons....and if you have played IBS then you have played LW. 

I have not, I assumed IBS was a proper expansion, hence why it's not named LW. It's the only one so far that's not LW1 that I've bothered to stream an adventure.

• Sad 1

Yeah honestly I don't know why people are praising EoD this much. Mid story at best with a disappointing dragon, pretty but dysfunctional maps that are a nightmare to navigate, a new gimmick (fishing) that gets old fast but takes ages to train, a new method of transport introduced that is nothing more than gem farm for Anet, mediocre AF meta events, jade tech that gets in your face at every corner and gets old fast.

If you're not into strikes like me, there really isnt any replayability value in EoD. Personally, I find this to be the weakest expansion. Seemed like the one with most marketing around it so I guess that's where the hype comes from.🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, anyaeversong.2678 said:

Yeah honestly I don't know why people are praising EoD this much. Mid story at best with a disappointing dragon, pretty but dysfunctional maps that are a nightmare to navigate, a new gimmick (fishing) that gets old fast but takes ages to train, a new method of transport introduced that is nothing more than gem farm for Anet, mediocre AF meta events, jade tech that gets in your face at every corner and gets old fast.

If you're not into strikes like me, there really isnt any replayability value in EoD. Personally, I find this to be the weakest expansion. Seemed like the one with most marketing around it so I guess that's where the hype comes from.🤷‍♀️

Agreed for the most part. If it werent for strikes and a small number of the elite specs  EoD would be a complete waste to me.

I think that HoT had more marketing. I wouldnt be surprised if the EoD hype was due to excitement over returning to Cantha (very requested).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, anyaeversong.2678 said:

I was just thinking about this today, and wondering whether I’ll buy the next expansion or wait for it to go on sale. I’m spending very little time in EOD.

Specter is the only elite spec I’m really using. I hard passed the gen 3 leggies when I saw the cost of variants.

A full LW season might make me reassess that. The way I look back on the previous expansions and lump their associated LW season in with them in my head. But in the current state, there’s just not that much there there.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Agreed for the most part. If it werent for strikes and a small number of the elite specs  EoD would be a complete waste to me.

I think that HoT had more marketing. I wouldnt be surprised if the EoD hype was due to excitement over returning to Cantha (very requested).

As someone who was super hyped for Cantha's return, I'm massively disappointed of how they've massacred my boy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, anyaeversong.2678 said:

As someone who was super hyped for Cantha's return, I'm massively disappointed of how they've massacred my boy. 

Yet another "be careful what you wish for from Anet" thing.  Seems like some players pine for certain things in game and when Anet deigns to produce them, they're never what the players wanted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yet another "be careful what you wish for from Anet" thing.  Seems like some players pine for certain things in game and when Anet deigns to produce them, they're never what the players wanted.

Still can't believe after 10 years they finally decide to sell a Shiro set in the gem store and they decided to make their own OC donut-steal design.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 7:42 PM, Kodokuna Akuma.9570 said:

my man. 

almost everything you mentioned could be done by a blizzard intern off  the clock. 

theres nothing innovating or reinvigorating about changing instabilities. There hasnt been a map in 700 plus days 

pip rewards for wvw? outnumbered changes? again bro those are super small adjustments. 

cmon man. an infusion reward? now i know this is a troll post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2