Pleasantly surprised, Scarlett's playhouse checkpoint

Solvar.7953

A couple weeks ago, I played through the scarlett's playhouse instance, getting to the final battle, only to have the game crash (same crash as people have been observing and reporting in other forums).  Given it was already late, I decided not to retry at that time, also hoping for a fix for that bug.

Last night I had some time, expecting to need to do the entire instance again.  When I got into the instance, it was right before the final battle, saving a bunch of drudgery of going through all the different areas.

So a big thumbs up from me for Anet for having this, since many instances lack any checkpoint.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 7:15 PM, Solvar.7953 said:

A couple weeks ago, I played through the scarlett's playhouse instance, getting to the final battle, only to have the game crash (same crash as people have been observing and reporting in other forums).  Given it was already late, I decided not to retry at that time, also hoping for a fix for that bug.

Last night I had some time, expecting to need to do the entire instance again.  When I got into the instance, it was right before the final battle, saving a bunch of drudgery of going through all the different areas.

So a big thumbs up from me for Anet for having this, since many instances lack any checkpoint.

The issue I have with Scarlet's Playhouse is that the checkpoint you mention drops you directly into combat without a chance to change out any skills and the CC check on scarlet is totally insane. I was playing scrapper with mines and the crazy amount of CC that a scrapper has wasnt enough to break her bar. I would have added battering ram to by skill bar but it doesnt allow you time. Since, as you mention, it comes after doing a bunch of clearing and flipping of levers I sorta just left the instance and didnt go back. I will probably kill her some day, but no rush. I saw what she does. Still I was very very disappointed by how its setup. I think they should massivly lower the cc check (unless its a bug)

I don't recall the CC check on her being that bad.  OTOH, so much of the game requires CC skills that I tend to run them on most of my characters, so maybe that is why I didn't have that much a problem.

My complaint would be the amount of AoE spam, which seems to be a favorite feature Anet likes to put in now.

15 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

The issue I have with Scarlet's Playhouse is that the checkpoint you mention drops you directly into combat without a chance to change out any skills and the CC check on scarlet is totally insane. I was playing scrapper with mines and the crazy amount of CC that a scrapper has wasnt enough to break her bar. I would have added battering ram to by skill bar but it doesnt allow you time. Since, as you mention, it comes after doing a bunch of clearing and flipping of levers I sorta just left the instance and didnt go back. I will probably kill her some day, but no rush. I saw what she does. Still I was very very disappointed by how its setup. I think they should massivly lower the cc check (unless its a bug)

Can you just log out, fix your skills and re-enter? I thought in PoF if I logged out and went back to the instance thingy and it took me right where I left off. I abused that few at least a few achievements. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Can you just log out, fix your skills and re-enter? I thought in PoF if I logged out and went back to the instance thingy and it took me right where I left off. I abused that few at least a few achievements. 

Ohh its possible. I didnt try. I just sorta let her kill me thinking I would change skills. That wasnt possible so I left the instance. I figured I would need to reclear again and do levers which turned me off and logged. If it has a checkpoint thats good, but it shouldnt start you in combat that just seems dumb.

It just really upset me that the CC check was so miss tuned. It made me think about the 4-6 new looking players I watched enter the portal while I was chatting before entering it. It made me sad to think if I cant break her cc bar on a dps scrapper, that those players are gona just have a bad experience and allot of the new people seem to be moving from core story to season 1 first. That concerns me. If I wana break that bar I can just go back in 2 battering ram and I would get enough without waiting on cooldowns. However, I dont think that helps resolve the issue, which is that the fight is really really badly tuned.

Im sure if I wanted to sit and slog through I could have finished it with what I had the first time, but its just an annoying fight due to needing to move every cannon blast while doing the cc and the bar wouldnt break without waiting on cooldowns so it just felt very unfun and I felt like I saw enough and didnt care to finish is what happened. Im pretty sure she will just do the same thing again till dead, big whoop. Not missing anything anyway LOL

Edited by Moradorin.6217