Will Arena Net customers have to pay for the steam version again?

You will be able to keep using the game you've already got in exactly the same way you are now without having to pay any extra. There is no reason to buy it on Steam if you've already got it. I think you can even add it to your Steam library as a non-Steam game so your friends can see you're playing it or whatever. (And of course players on Steam will be able to play with existing accounts, they're all on the same servers.)

If for some reason you want a copy which is restricted to Steam you would have to buy it again, but there's no reason to do that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cronos.6532 said:

I want to buy stuff through Steam using my funds from the Market and get Steam Points / cards in return 

Then buy path of fire and gift stuff to your main, the gold from login rewards will easily pay for none giftable stuff over time.

Edit

And pretty sure there wont be any trading cards for gw2 on steam

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cronos.6532 said:

I want to buy stuff through Steam using my funds from the Market and get Steam Points / cards in return 

And i want content in Gw2 and not wasting their already limited earnings on giving them to Steam lol.

The only reason you will do that is so all the player activity appears on the Steam charts, and its not gonna happen cos ppl are gonna play with the normal client even if its posible, you will have to eliminate the old client and force everyone to play thru steam (like SMITE did), then ppl will cry cos they dont like steam + steam getting 30% of the earnings. What a fantastic scenario for a game that is already suffering for not spending loads of money neither earning what WoW or Final fantasy earns, and ff14 did the same with old accs.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Then buy path of fire and gift stuff to your main, the gold from login rewards will easily pay for none giftable stuff over time.

That's... actually a pretty great idea. Certainly less than ideal, and it's not my only reason for wanting to play with my main on Steam, but it'll help ease the pain a bit like pointing the Steam launcher at the non-Steam one. Thanks!

Edited by Cronos.6532
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Varonis.1609 said:

Hi everything is said in the title ^^, is it necessary to pay again the game to have the steam version? 

Hey,

while you cant oficcialy link it, there is a little workaround, so that you can start it thru steam, and that people in your Friendslist will see you as ingame in gw2.

you can link almost anything with steam, i have Discord in my steam 😄 

When i open Discord it even says : ingame in Discord.

While you will not have the "steam version" you can simply link the Gw2 launcher with steam and open it via the steamtap. Your buddys in Steam will then be able to see that you are playing gw2.

in the top left corner... there should be something like "add games to your library" simply add the gw2 launcher.exe.  From there on you can hit the gw2 tab in your Steam and it will open the launcher.

I have not tried it with gw2... and it might behave weird, as the launcher will close when the actual gw2.exe starts....  but with other games and applications this works!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1