Could you do PoF and EoD with Just Raptor?

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

PoF needs the Springer for part of the story.

At least I don't know any other way up the tower to fight Balthazar in The Departing than Springer or Skyscale.

Man, I feel like I am forgetting some of the PoF story!  I thought there were planks/ramps up the whole thing... And another poster mentioned Skimmer for story.... which I dont even remember.  LOL.  

Maybe it is time for a PoF replay...

3 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Come to think of it, I remember one of the hero points in NE New Kaineng being impossible to jump up to without a mount. Maybe that’s why they made some mounts unlockable in EoD. 

Forgetting new glide boost 3 with jade bot?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ens.9854 said:

Forgetting new glide boost 3 with jade bot?

That may work but it’s not something that I’d expect players to have for something like map completion. This is especially true with needing to buy or transfer a chip onto the character as well as actually to get the item to make it in the first place. 

5 hours ago, Opopanax.1803 said:

Man, I feel like I am forgetting some of the PoF story!  I thought there were planks/ramps up the whole thing... And another poster mentioned Skimmer for story.... which I dont even remember.  LOL.  

Maybe it is time for a PoF replay...

Well wait and see if you have to do it for the decade armor its a good incentive to start it.

6 hours ago, Opopanax.1803 said:

I remember doing a lot of reading on that mastery... did a lot of long jumping on raptor/springer combos but couldnt get close to the top of that pillar.  You are inspiring me to take a second look at it.

I don't remember for sure, it's been years and I did in fact first get it thanks to a mesmer so I was helping others with it later, but I thiiiiink you get to it from above, as in get up on the rocky area on top of the tomb and look for a crack to fall through.

OP, as others have said you cannot do the PoF story without the mounts.  You absolutely need the skimmer for the approach to the final bit as there is trap-laden quicksand to navigate, and then in the charge up the building to the last boss you have high vertical surfaces to get up in a hurry.  As to map completion, there you might be able to if you have a friend porting you around but there are hero points, pois, and vistas unreachable without a mount.  And some mastery points you can't get to without a jackal (or port to friend) because they are in caves entered only via sand portal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well wait and see if you have to do it for the decade armor its a good incentive to start it.

I hope not, since I just did it and I'm not interested in another doing PoF story rerun soon.

Balthazar's complete and utter mistreatment still feels horrible.

Edited by Fueki.4753