Reversal of fortune not working as intended

Eugchriss.2046

• Eugchriss.2046 changed the title to Reversal of fortune not working as intended

I'm fairly sure that it not being a proper block, and being CC'able, is actually intended, to differentiate it from FB mantra heal.

The bigger problem with it, is that it only blocks a single hit. Given that basically everything in the game now is putting out multiple strikes per second, the result is that by the time the animation for Reversal of Fortune ends, you've taken as much damage back as you just healed, so its a net zero benefit.

It'd be better if it worked like Full Counter where it blocks/evades for a 0.5s window upon triggering.

• Thanks 1

LOL, it's a high heal low CD that trigger off any tiny amount of damage

and can also block crucial damage when needed.

what else you want.

you'd have trouble if every single skill in this game is single hit, so you may actually never be able to heal at all, unless you perfectly time you heal every time.

it's supposed to be a heal, not a "i'm god" skill.

• Like 2

Well, unfortunately OP, the wording does not agree with you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reversal_of_Fortune

Physical. Guard yourself with light, negating the next incoming strike and healing you instead, even if the strike would have been lethal. If an effect causes damage that would be lethal, that damage will be negated and you will be healed instead. If no attacks or lethal damage are negated, you will be healed for the lowest set amount.

CC is not damage, it is an effect.

Before you try to rebuttal, CC is also not a strike.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

I'm fairly sure that it not being a proper block, and being CC'able, is actually intended, to differentiate it from FB mantra heal.

The bigger problem with it, is that it only blocks a single hit. Given that basically everything in the game now is putting out multiple strikes per second, the result is that by the time the animation for Reversal of Fortune ends, you've taken as much damage back as you just healed, so its a net zero benefit.

It'd be better if it worked like Full Counter where it blocks/evades for a 0.5s window upon triggering.

This guy 100% gets it.

Side thought.... Perfect Inscriptions trait + Signet of Resolve is the best healskill the Guardian has but we have to sacrifice damage to have it.

7 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

LOL, it's a high heal low CD that trigger off any tiny amount of damage

and can also block crucial damage when needed.

what else you want.

you'd have trouble if every single skill in this game is single hit, so you may actually never be able to heal at all, unless you perfectly time you heal every time.

it's supposed to be a heal, not a "i'm god" skill.

4k heal on 20s CD, that has a chance to whiff and become 2k heal, is not "high heal".  That's pretty much the average healing/CD ratio across every class. It's the same healing output as Mirror/EtherFeast and Withdraw/SignetOfMalice, you gonna tell me that core thief/mesmer are also "high heal" builds?

The reason that WB was played before, was that the damage was nuts, not that its sustain was good. And the reason that nobody plays it any more, is becaue the damage was nerfed, not because the sustain was untouched.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

And then you have Harbinger healing 8k+ on a 20 second CD XDDDD

Btw, can someone explain to me why elixir is healing almost twice as much in PvP/WvW as in PvE?
What is the logic behind that? Healing skills are usually nerfed in PvP compared to their PvE values.

That much healing on top of the other effects it has is ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 9:03 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Btw, can someone explain to me why elixir is healing almost twice as much in PvP/WvW as in PvE?
What is the logic behind that? Healing skills are usually nerfed in PvP compared to their PvE values.

That much healing on top of the other effects it has is ridiculous.

cuz they needed something to sell EoD to the few PvP people?👀

Edited by Sahne.6950