My Restructure experience

I selected my alliance guild a week in advance, and despite that, and despite the fact that three of my guilds being put on different servers, I got put in absolutely none of them. (My three guilds got assigned to First Haven, Titan's Staircase, and Skrittsburgh, my wvw guild is the third and stated that they're actually in First Haven, and I got put in Griffonfall.)

And now there's Guild UI bugs that now shows that my guild is in Dragon's Claw Alpine Borderlands, they're not. They're still in First Haven.

And to add insult to injury, when I click on the World Restructuring Beta tab, it goes to guildwars2.com/competitive/wvw is a broken link that redirects me instead to Extra Life.

The last beta, at least I got to play with my guild members. This beta? I do not like.

Edited by Salvia.6431
  • Like 2

This is the weird part for 99% of people with all of these betas--they hold them to essentially test one feature and nothing else gets updated, so it looks like zero progress is made.

For me as a developer, I'd probably fix the small things like the UI bugs first so as not to exacerbate the issue.  I myself find the UI bug in the guild panel super annoying as it's really hard to tell if you've been mislinked or not.  That also shouldn't be a hard bug to fix.

They are essentially hunting this 'queue bug' though at the expense of everything else.  That and setting up some internal system to automate these (seems early to do that from an outsider perspective); both of these things aren't visible to us the users.  I really don't know how they expect to do these 'public is my QA' betas when Steam launches though, it seems like it'd kitten all the new players off that have no idea what they are in for.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267