Is this issue with stability more of an underlying issue with WvW?

Noz.4650

With the recent mantra nerf concerns, people have rightfully expressed that stab sources need to be spread a bit more evenly. But is the real issue more deeply-seated? Why does a WHOLE game mode revolve around having near permanent access to this ONE boon, so much that you cannot play it if you don't? Is the reliance on supports too great? Maybe the way players interact with CCs and vice versa needs to be fundamentally changed in WvW. Giving individuals more universal, WvW specific tools to mitigate CC like some special action key, or adding diminishing returns on CCs, considering CC is balanced the same whether it's a 1v1 or map queue vs map queue.

As long as stability is this centralizing, how do you get away from having to run the best-in-slot stab source in every party, whether it's firebrand or something else? Not having to worry as much about competing with [insert best stab source] would let off-supports like tempest, vindicator or specter shine more. Some of them have useful unique tools like aura share but lose exponential value in a larger squad. 

Do people agree somewhat with this or am I off the mark here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I can play without stability, problem just is that my all cc skills are totally useless because other players have stability on 24/7. It's kind of stupid have weapons like warrior hammer in game where you can be immune to cc whole time. 

Edited by Junkpile.7439
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ens.9854 said:

Premise is off, WvW in fact revolves around having near permanent access to (almost) all boons.

The point is you cannot play the game mode without stability, like a LOT of stability.

12 minutes ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

I can play without stability, problem just is that my all cc skills are totally useless because other players have stability on 24/7. It's kind of stupid have weapons like warrior hammer in game where you can be immune to cc whole time. 

If you play in any average 25+ squad, you cannot play without stability as getting CCd once means you either die or have to expend a lot of resources and hope that you do get stability shortly after.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Giving out stab to more classes by spreading it out more won't really work. 

Squads are not 50 slots. They're 5.

You build the best 5man comp and copy that 10 times. 

If we look at the old comp. 

Fb, Scrappe, Scourge, Herald, spb. 

If Tempest want to see play, it needs to be able to replace FB. And giving one shout Stab won't do that. 

Tempest can't replace Scrapper as Tempest has not the ability to stealth a squad. 

And playing 3 supports in a group is to much of a dmg loss. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Noz.4650 said:

Giving individuals more universal, WvW specific tools to mitigate CC like some special action key, or adding diminishing returns on CCs, considering CC is balanced the same whether it's a 1v1 or map queue vs map queue.

Try using any ability that says stun break on it in your utilities. I use a couple actually.

Also, I think we could use more boon removal.

I have suggested replacing the current model with a model where boons are split in to 3 categories: offensive, defensive and restorative. This way it isn't one rip, corrupt or convert takes them all.  Boons could be balanced the same way they are applied. Some classes would bring the damage boons, others would bring defensive or maybe restorative. Same could be done for the boon removal, some classes take the defensive boon others take the offensive boons etc...

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Try using any ability that says stun break on it in your utilities. I use a couple actually.

yeah try using your Stunbreak when you find yourself in the middle of a Zergbomb.... The only thing that will work when you try to walk out of the enemy bubble... is.... stabi......    

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1