Thanks Anet

Bilderberg.3049

59 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

After the relink we have been 2 weeks in red bl, in T2 then T1. Then we were supposed to be blue in T1 but here we go after the beta, red bl again.. in t3! All that hard work to get and stay in T1 just scrapped! Seriously ANET...

Winning never mattered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Winning never mattered.

Its probably the cool thing to say but that it is not what I see in the game. Anyway, who play a competitive game and doesnt care to lose? Winning still matters for most players, and thats the normal behavior in a competition, a fight is always a fight for victory!

Edited by manu.7539
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

who play a competitive game

What's competitive about coverage and numbers stacking?  The real competition was always buying coverage and numbers for your server.  What kind of meaningful win is that?  It's not about the cool factor.  It's just the game mode mechanics. 

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, manu.7539 said:

ok sorry, I should have expected this discussion was to get out of subject at the moment I talked about winning or anything like. Curiously some will cry their hearts out any time I do! 😕

Oh, is that what you think was happening when someone gets upset about normal glicko matchmaking?

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

Oh, is that what you think was happening when someone gets upset about normal glicko matchmaking?

Welcome back on the subject, matchmaking! And btw, I never heard of my server buying any guild for a better coverage, and still we won T1!

For Ascalon! haha

7 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

Welcome back on the subject, matchmaking! And btw, I never heard of my server buying any guild for a better coverage, and still we won T1!

What's wrong with the matchmaking?  Oh right, it made winning not matter.  Want to continue having a circular discussion?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

What's wrong with the matchmaking?  Oh right, it made winning not matter.  Want to continue having a circular discussion?

ok ok, winning doesnt matter to u , got u. Doesnt mean everyone have to think as u do, winning still matters for me, got it?

3 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

For Ascalon! haha

All servers have done this over time at one point or another. Some servers have done it in coordinated groups others in single players actions but as long as their have been options for server transfers its occurred whether people are aware about it or not.  

Coverage wars will always be a thing and more so once they add more into the mix with week end rewards. But for now, winning is about the personal goals of saying hey we won. Each to their own there, nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

ok ok, winning doesnt matter to u , got u. Doesnt mean everyone have to think as u do, winning still matters for me, got it?

Or perhaps winning matters to me when it's a win that is not dependent upon how stacked my server is compared to another.  The scoring system is flawed because it rewards servers who have people online when another team doesn't.  What a great way to win, huh?  Some real personal effort and skill required for that, huh?

So no, I don't get bothered by matchmaking.  A server gets "rewarded" by getting placed red in a tier above and then everyone stops playing so they can lose and be green the next week and win again against servers with weaker coverage.  It's absurd.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

Or perhaps winning matters to me when it's a win that is not dependent upon how stacked my server is compared to another.  The scoring system is flawed because it rewards servers who have people online when another team doesn't.  What a great way to win, huh?

OT; That's my biggest concern with the Alliance system and players thinking it will handle that aspect, which at last time it was stated, it will not. I hope people are not pinning to much hope on that. I admit I was on the server pride side of the options, but at this point we need the Alliance portion to be released just so other changes might be rolled out afterwards versus being a development bottleneck for other changes. Alliances will favor those that can self organize, which isn't bad for those that take the time to do so, but it will rough for all those that allow themselves to be the mortar that fill in the gaps. 

5 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

OT; That's my biggest concern with the Alliance system and players thinking it will handle that aspect, which at last time it was stated, it will not. I hope people are not pinning to much hope on that. I admit I was on the server pride side of the options, but at this point we need the Alliance portion to be released just so other changes might be rolled out afterwards versus being a development bottleneck for other changes. Alliances will favor those that can self organize, which isn't bad for those that take the time to do so, but it will rough for all those that allow themselves to be the mortar that fill in the gaps. 

Alliances are limited to 500 players so from that aspect it destroys/harasses the ability of players to bandwagon for wins.  The smarter alliance leaders will try to build in some coverage rather than rely upon automatic team formation.  Timezone is one of the additional qualifiers mentioned in the restructuring FAQ that hasn't been tried yet.  We'll see how it plays out eventually.

There's been past discussion on scoring changes, like having a multiplier by activity level (where it would be considered low activity level/no multiplier if a team doesn't have anyone on).  That's something I personally would like to see implemented.

I also think something should be done to require human intervention again in objective upgrades especially since upgrades reward more points.  That part of the game is too automated and rewards not playing.

Edited by Chaba.5410

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

And the nominees for Joke of the Day are....

Well to be fair the server that does that eventually loses when the wagon collapses.

The only real winners are the people that are smart enough to get paid since there is absolutely no way to enforce how long they will stay, so it's hard to resist exploiting the fish.

I do recall my server doing that and people raising gold which I didn't bother with since I knew they'd all be gone in a few months. It does get to t1 in the meantime I guess.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480