Traits that are comically bad in WvW

coro.3176

Let's make a list! I'll start.

1. SharpshooterCritical hits have a chance to cause bleeding. 33% chance, 1s bleed.

So *if* you crit, then 1/3 of the time, you can get .. a whole 1 second of 1 stack of bleed. How much damage is that? It's uh.. 166 with a bunch of expertise.

But again, that's only 1/3 of the time, so effectively you're only getting an extra ~55 damage per crit, and generally you have maybe 50% crit chance, so it's actually like half that. This is .. awful. The short duration means it can't even be used as cover condi. What is this trait even doing in WvW? This is a gamemode where people are throwing around 5k+ hits like they're nothing. A trait that adds +1% of a "real hit" but only 1/3 of the time is an actual kittening joke.

That's just the one I noticed today, but I know there are many more. Someone could probably take the low hanging fruit and list all the 120s+ ICD traits that still exist.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, coro.3176 said:

Let's make a list! I'll start.

1. SharpshooterCritical hits have a chance to cause bleeding. 33% chance, 1s bleed.

So *if* you crit, then 1/3 of the time, you can get .. a whole 1 second of 1 stack of bleed. How much damage is that? It's uh.. 166 with a bunch of expertise.

But again, that's only 1/3 of the time, so effectively you're only getting an extra ~55 damage per crit, and generally you have maybe 50% crit chance, so it's actually like half that. This is .. awful. The short duration means it can't even be used as cover condi. What is this trait even doing in WvW? This is a gamemode where people are throwing around 5k+ hits like they're nothing. A trait that adds +1% of a "real hit" but only 1/3 of the time is an actual kittening joke.

That's just the one I noticed today, but I know there are many more. Someone could probably take the low hanging fruit and list all the 120s+ ICD traits that still exist.

The only time this type of trait is good is when you have a trait that procs on condition application.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

The only time this type of trait is good is when you have a trait that procs on condition application.

AFAIK, there's only 1 trait that does that - Sanguine Array, but you have to give up +120 condition damage and +33% duration on pistol skills to get it, so even then, it's not really worth it. Any extra might procs you would get on a condi build (remember, it's only 33% chance on crit) are outweighed by the loss of raw stats and utility. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

What duration would the bleed need to be to make this trait useful without making it broken?

Well, its PvE duration (3s) would be a start. Remember, this only procs on 33% *of crits*, and then applies *one stack* of the weakest damaging condition.

2 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I don't think any of them have icds so with high crit chance it could do a lot a damage.

Not in WvW. Even if you have 100% crit (most don't) *and* are hitting players 3x a second *and* they don't cleanse, this is only adding an extra ~100dps. That is nothing in this game mode. Nothing. That's like .. 1/10th of a mech autoattack.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coro.3176 said:

Well, its PvE duration (3s) would be a start. Remember, this only procs on 33% *of crits*, and then applies *one stack* of the weakest damaging condition.

Right I forgot about the 33% chance part.

2 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

Not in WvW. Even if you have 100% crit (most don't) *and* are hitting players 3x a second *and* they don't cleanse, this is only adding an extra ~100dps. That is nothing in this game mode. Nothing. That's like .. 1/10th of a mech autoattack.

You're right about this haha.

Use it with cele or condi rifle builds. Seems to be pretty fine when it comes to condition pressure making it so other conditions cant be cured.

I threw bleed and poison sigils on my rifle and it just blends in well for some dumb WvW roaming which somehow im able to do a lot of 2v1 situations with 🤔.

Could also just be cause I use it on a condi mech build so im not noticing if it's a decent or bad trait, just works though.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Use it with cele or condi rifle builds. Seems to be pretty fine when it comes to condition pressure making it so other conditions cant be cured.

mmm. no. It might be useful as cover condi if it were reliable or lasted any duration, but it is neither reliable (33% chance on crit), nor long lasting (1s duration), so it doesn't do that job.

6 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Could also just be cause I use it on a condi mech build so im not noticing if it's a decent or bad trait, just works though.

It's mech. The trait is doing nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

That trait was a victim of the 2020 patch which probably was supposed to be replaced with something else but never was.

Firearms has always had an identity crisis, once being a condi focused tree but mostly forgotten about in favor of explosives.

They should have maybe revamped firearms along with the rifle change (you know cause they go hand in hand), but no, even that they just attached a grenade the third auto for explosives and called it a day. 🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They should have maybe revamped firearms along with the rifle change (you know cause they go hand in hand), but no, even that they just attached a grenade the third auto for explosives and called it a day. 🙄

The Explosions traitline is absolutely stacked for pvp/wvw now. For example, the minor trait in the same spot as Sharpshooter above regularly hits for multiple thousands and can crit, and that's every attack after a dodge.

Even assuming the engineer is somehow proccing Sharpshooter constantly, they would still have to do it twelve times to equal the damage of one Explosive Entrance. Who balances this game?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Used to be a thing but they actually removed all the rifle traits from that tree so it has no identity beyond condi of which is also w/e. So it's known as the flamethrower tree in practice-- the burning set that's actually a power set.

And yea whoever redesigned rifle like that was pretty lazy.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

You want to know what is bad? A kitten 300s internal CD trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defy_Pain_(warrior_trait)=

I'd rather they make it so that Lesser Endure Pain takes 50% less damage (instead of no damage) and lower the CD, or heck, even lower the duration is 100% better than having this weird 300s CD. It makes absolutely no sense

Edited by laoshanlung.3675
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Still a better trait than the engi, ranger and necro versions, because it is double the duration and 100% proc chance.

Used to be 3s and 66% proc chance for ranger at some point and was still rather niche.

Condi longbow 🙃